• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

Thanks Mom! I just created and account in USCIS website. It seems that they haven't updated my status yet, it still shows "On October 6, 2015, we accepted the fingerprint fee for your...".

Yes, and I already explained there will be no updates shown online until a decision is made.

hi everyone!

i have a couple of questions, i really appreciate your help!

My case number is South America 11**. Do you think i still have any chance to get there before the fiscal year ends? Also, i currently live in the US and planned to do the adjustment of status but i dont know exactly what are the steps i need to take. I was reading a few post back something about an IL. what is that? the only thing i have is the letter that you get when you do the status check on the DV website. I did my DS260 back on july of last year.

also, as i understand i have to deal with USCIS as i am planning to do the process here in the US. can you explain what the infopass is and if i can do it?

thanks a lot for your help.

PS is there a spreadsheet or something that people were talking about a few posts back to help me out? where can i find it?

thanks!

hi everyone!

i have a couple of questions, i really appreciate your help!

My case number is South America 11**. Do you think i still have any chance to get there before the fiscal year ends? Also, i currently live in the US and planned to do the adjustment of status but i dont know exactly what are the steps i need to take. I was reading a few post back something about an IL. what is that? the only thing i have is the letter that you get when you do the status check on the DV website. I did my DS260 back on july of last year.

also, as i understand i have to deal with USCIS as i am planning to do the process here in the US. can you explain what the infopass is and if i can do it?

thanks a lot for your help.

PS is there a spreadsheet or something that people were talking about a few posts back to help me out? where can i find it?

thanks!

Yes, you'll have enough time to complete the process before the end of the FY.

You can process AOS if you entered the US legally and you're still in a valid status. The steps for processing AOS are listed on the AOS spreadsheet the, @jjjess already provided you with the link to that in the post above this one.

IL = Interview Letter
INFOPASS = An online process for booking an appointment with USCIS to check up on the status of one's case. It's not something you need to be concerned with for now.

thanks @jjjess and @Sm1smom ! i went through the spreadsheet and it is very clear and thorough, thanks!

I entered the US with a student visa F1, after that i graduated and i worked a couple years with my OPT and now I just got my H1B visa last october. everything should be ok for me to process the AOS no?

When looking at the timelines on the spreadsheet i didnt see a case for the DV. Most of the cases where F1 or H1B or L1 visas. How long does it takes the AOS for a DV? would they be able to approve everything before the end of the fiscal year?

thanks again for all your help.

thanks @jjjess and @Sm1smom ! i went through the spreadsheet and it is very clear and thorough, thanks!

I entered the US with a student visa F1, after that i graduated and i worked a couple years with my OPT and now I just got my H1B visa last october. everything should be ok for me to process the AOS no? Yes

When looking at the timelines on the spreadsheet i didnt see a case for the DV. Most of the cases where F1 or H1B or L1 visas. How long does it takes the AOS for a DV? would they be able to approve everything before the end of the fiscal year? All of the cases are DV based on the timelines, those just show the type of visa held at time of application. On the timelines, check for your relevant field office to roughly estimate the time you might get done. USCIS would have to approve everything by Sept 30 2016 based on your DV2016 selection, otherwise game over.

I entered the US with a student visa F1, after that i graduated and i worked a couple years with my OPT and now I just got my H1B visa last october. everything should be ok for me to process the AOS no?

When looking at the timelines on the spreadsheet i didnt see a case for the DV. Most of the cases where F1 or H1B or L1 visas. How long does it takes the AOS for a DV? would they be able to approve everything before the end of the fiscal year?

That's the question we've all been asking... But unfortunately there is no specific time frame for USCIS to complete DV-based AOS cases. It strictly depends on your FO (Field Office) and their work load and the system they use to process DV cases. Some FOs call DV applicants for interview very quickly whereas others batch them. That's the con of AOS that you may need to wait for a long time and it can be quite annoying. Yet, the FOs are informed by a memo that they are required to monitor their DV cases closely and strive to adjudicate those cases before the end of that FY. That's why, as we get close to the end of the FY, FOs start processing DV cases faster. You can see that in the spreadsheet too. Just a note, depending on your FO, you may want to remind them about the memo and the time limit whenever you go for an INFOPASS, just to be on the safe side. Hope this will answer you question.

Mom! Thank you a million for all your helps and supports in my GC journey. I got it yesterday. :) Fortunately, that reopen issue just took 2 weeks for my case, it was approved right after my SEVIS status correction. Wish luck for all the other members!

Hello everyone,
I submitted my DV fee to uscis office Missouri and waiting for a receipt, but the problem is I didn't noticed that it said to include stamped envelop with my return address, I guess that is the envelop which they will use to send the receipt. I haven't got the receipt or any mail back from them. What will happen now since I didn't send they empty stamped envelop with my address in it ?, is there a contact phone no to USCIS DV program ?, how long is it taking for Everyone else to get the DV payment receipt from USCIS

1. Yes
2. All the listed cases on the spreadsheets are DV based AOS cases. The different visas listed is the current visas status of each person as at the time of processing the AOS.
3. While the completion time is FO dependent (and a number of other factors such as not being stuck in AP due to a pending background check, the AOS package not being rejected and sent back due to a missing signature, incomplete package, wrong payment amount, etc); in the past the average processing time used to be 3-4 months, and much more shorter time for those who become current in the last 3 to 1 months of the FY.

Mom! Thank you a million for all your helps and supports in my GC journey. I got it yesterday. :) Fortunately, that reopen issue just took 2 weeks for my case, it was approved right after my SEVIS status correction. Wish luck for all the other members!

That's great news! Congratulations :)

Hello everyone,
I submitted my DV fee to uscis office Missouri and waiting for a receipt, but the problem is I didn't noticed that it said to include stamped envelop with my return address, I guess that is the envelop which they will use to send the receipt. I haven't got the receipt or any mail back from them. What will happen now since I didn't send they empty stamped envelop with my address in it ?, is there a contact phone no to USCIS DV program ?, how long is it taking for Everyone else to get the DV payment receipt from USCIS

Email KCC and inform them you forgot to include the SAE with your payment, and request they email the receipt to you. How long has it been since you made the payment?

Email KCC and inform them you forgot to include the SAE with your payment, and request they email the receipt to you. How long has it been since you made the payment?
Thank you mom for your prompt response, it's been a week I made payment. USPS shows that the mail has been delivered, but I am worried since I didn't include the return stamped envelop in it, that the dv payment receipt might be delayed. My case no is current in visa bulletin, I am making my AOS package ready and am here in NY. looking at the timeline, process seems long in NY, do you have any suggestion which FO I should choose in NY, where the process might be faster ?

Thank you mom for your prompt response, it's been a week I made payment. USPS shows that the mail has been delivered, but I am worried since I didn't include the return stamped envelop in it, that the dv payment receipt might be delayed. My case no is current in visa bulletin, I am making my AOS package ready and am here in NY. looking at the timeline, process seems long in NY, do you have any suggestion which FO I should choose in NY, where the process might be faster ?

You should have made that payment like a month or two before your CN became current to give yourself enough time to receive the receipt which could take 2 - 4 weeks (sometimes more) even when the SAE is included with the payment. Since you only sent in the payment about one week ago, KCC may or may not have any information about it for now, but still go ahead and contact them.

You can't choose a specific FO to process your case, the FO gets assigned based on your home address.

Hello Everyone, My case number will be current in May and my FO in Chicago.. i Just need Info please..is there anyone whose application got rejected due to early Filing? I know in the spreadsheet no one got rejected...but still wondering to file early... Thanks...

Hello Everyone, My case number will be current in May and my FO in Chicago.. i Just need Info please..is there anyone whose application got rejected due to early Filing? I know in the spreadsheet no one got rejected...but still wondering to file early... Thanks...

Yes, some have been rejected, but more have not. It's your choice....

Actually there are people on the spreadsheets (previous years - don't know of any for this year) whose packages got rejected or denied, but it's not stated there. And there are several others with no problems due to early filing either.

@Sm1smom , @Britsimon and everyone

We went for infopass today our FO is Baltimore Field Office. We get there on time and our infopass didn't take long. We told her about I-485 submission and we've paid the DV fee, she said, I know otherwise you wouldn't't be here. We ask the FO about the biometrics and background check? She said it's done, we asked about the file request at KCC she said it's not requested yet because we're within our window. At this time we were at the point where we didn't want to flood her with questions because she get bit uncomfortable when we ask her about the file at KCC and she was not friendly at all.
She said something very confusing! She said we're within our window and now they're doing people of September! I was confused because I was thinking what about those who will be current in August or September but I kept those questions to myself.

That's our infopass people. Honestly I don't know either it went well or what? Because it was my first infopass.
Thanks Mom and Simon for your advice because if it wasn't for Simon infopass suggestions, I don't know what we were going to ask Maybe we were going to ask wrong questions.

@Britsimon, Sm1smom.... Thanks....So, unfortunately if it gets denied do we have to start process paying with DV Lottery fee and so on..?????
Thanks again..

The spreadsheet covers this.

Theoretically, it could be rejected at the lockbox and that would mean before they cashed the fee. Or it could be sent to the FO and at some point it could be (incorrectly) rejected. In that latter case the fee would be payable again, unless you could quickly point out to the FO that they had made a mistake. We have seen an FO reverse a rejection in that way.