• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

When was your last INFOPASS?

In early December, do you think I should go to another one?

I see on the spreadsheet that Beau, tmy, Latte and _sair_ are also from NY and it seems they didn't get one as well yet. Maybe NY just takes more time?

I see on the spreadsheet that Beau, tmy, Latte and _sair_ are also from NY and it seems they didn't get one as well yet. Maybe NY just takes more time?

I've been following the forum for quite a while and decided to join the conversation today.

Aldis, you and I have a pretty similar timeline. The threshold I set to take an action is when you get the interview letter. I checked the DV2015 spreadsheet and realized NY FO started sending interview letters in January. And since it looks like none of us from NYC got it yet, I guess that's the way they work. Wish it was a faster process as I'm getting a little frustrated with the wait.

One question for Mom, I know that the medical exam expires in 6 months (correct me if I'm wrong). Does that mean we need to do it all over again if they fail to schedule the interview within the 6 month period?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hello Mom and guys! I hope you all had a happy holidays,

I'm writing becasuse I'm i little bit worried, I went to my finger print appointment last Nov 5th since that date I haven't received yet my Interview letter.
I just made an infopass for next week just to go and ask about my case. Do you think this waiting time is normal?? My number is current since October.

Thank you

ASGA
Same story as mine, except the fact that my biometrics appointment was on Oct, 5th. There are just 3 cases in my FO in 2014 and 2015, but I have noticed that for most of the fall cases interview letters were sent in January-February. I also had my INFOPASS on Jan, 6th and was told that they received my file, and the IL will be sent within a month or two (which matches my guess of January-February).
So do not worry. You can ask if FO has requested your file during INFOPASS, but don't panic if they say it can take few more weeks till you get an IL.

Good luck!

May not be a bad idea. The more you guys pester them, the more the likelihood of their taking notice of how long they've been dragging the DV process.

I've been following the forum for quite a while and decided to join the conversation today.

Aldis, you and I have a pretty similar timeline. The threshold I set to take an action is when you get the interview letter. I checked the DV2015 spreadsheet and realized NY FO started sending interview letters in January. And since it looks like none of us from NYC got it yet, I guess that's the way they work. Wish it was a faster process as I'm getting a little frustrated with the wait.

One question for Mom, I know that the medical exam expires in 6 months (correct me if I'm wrong). Does that mean we need to do it all over again if they fail to schedule the interview within the 6 month period?

Thanks!

Yes it's valid for six months. Don't do a new medical unless they specifically request for it.

Oh, didn't see that. There is a user Armin from the same FO as I am. He was lucky to have have his interview on Dec 1, though he was three weeks behind my timeline.
Well, that means that our FO is not as sleepy as I thought :)
OK, I'm patient, but I would schedule another INFOPASS for February, just in case.

hi mom, thank you for helping and guiding us all on this forum, I have a question.
My wife is the DV winner, we had AOS IV last week, that went well, now online status of my wife and son has changed to CPO, but mine still says fingerprint fee recieved, although IO told us in person that he has approved our case.
Thanks

Oh, didn't see that. There is a user Armin from the same FO as I am. He was lucky to have have his interview on Dec 1, though he was three weeks behind my timeline.
Well, that means that our FO is not as sleepy as I thought :)
OK, I'm patient, but I would schedule another INFOPASS for February, just in case.
Hi, should we all have INFOPASS? I didn't even think about that but I'm in similar situation. I fingerprinted in end of October but still waiting for IL. If INFOPASS helps our situation I will make an appointment as soon as possible.

hi mom, thank you for helping and guiding us all on this forum, I have a question.
My wife is the DV winner, we had AOS IV last week, that went well, now online status of my wife and son has changed to CPO, but mine still says fingerprint fee recieved, although IO told us in person that he has approved our case.
Thanks

It could mean one of two things: either they somehow forgot to update your status or your particular case is yet to be approved due to a pending background check, and since your wife was the main selectee they went ahead and approved hers (and your kid's).

Anyway, wait for the welcome letter and GC to show up, and if yours isn't amongst those sent, you should give USCIS a call to find out the status of your own petition.

Hi, should we all have INFOPASS? I didn't even think about that but I'm in similar situation. I fingerprinted in end of October but still waiting for IL. If INFOPASS helps our situation I will make an appointment as soon as possible.

If your case as been pending a couple of months, make an INFOPASS appointment. Of course it's not guaranteed to automatically solve the IL delay problem, it's better than doing nothing

I wasn't thinking of doing INFOPASS as well, but as Mom said, it can bring your case to their attention. So it doesn't hurt anyone to schedule it.

If your case as been pending a couple of months, make an INFOPASS appointment. Of course it's not guaranteed to automatically solve the IL delay problem, it's better than doing nothing
I wasn't thinking of doing INFOPASS as well, but as Mom said, it can bring your case to their attention. So it doesn't hurt anyone to schedule it.
I see, I will make an appointment. Thank you!

Hi, can anyone share their immigration physical (the Medical Exam required and the form I-693) experiences? Mine was only a blood test and a "Physical exam", which the CS checked my breast, throat and ears. He then asked me to take all of my clothes off and gave me a pretty transparent white cover, then did a visual inspection of my body, and that's all. I am very puzzled and asked both the doctor and the nurse about that, but they said it is how the physical exam is. No eye check, no X-ray, nothing else.

It seemed not to match this link:https://travel.state.gov/content/vi...cess/interview/prepare/medical-exam-faqs.html

Really puzzled about that!

Hi, can anyone share their immigration physical (the Medical Exam required and the form I-693) experiences? Mine was only a blood test and a "Physical exam", which the CS checked my breast, throat and ears. He then asked me to take all of my clothes off and gave me a pretty transparent white cover, then did a visual inspection of my body, and that's all. I am very puzzled and asked both the doctor and the nurse about that, but they said it is how the physical exam is. No eye check, no X-ray, nothing else.

It seemed not to match this link:https://travel.state.gov/content/vi...cess/interview/prepare/medical-exam-faqs.html

Really puzzled about that!
Mine was the same. When you get a copy of I-693 you will see that all the points there are a basic physical exam and your history of vaccines + recent blood tests. Also, they do not do X-Ray if you have a negative tuberculosis skin/blood test.
So do not worry.

Mine was the same. When you get a copy of I-693 you will see that all the points there are a basic physical exam and your history of vaccines + recent blood tests. Also, they do not do X-Ray if you have a negative tuberculosis skin/blood test.
So do not worry.
Hi,
Thanks about this! Feeling better about it.