• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

Hello Mom!
I am applying for AOS as a derivative, quick question, do I need to include my financial documents, employment documents, and educational degrees along with my AOS package? Thank you!

Hello Mom!
I am applying for AOS as a derivative, quick question, do I need to include my financial documents, employment documents, and educational degrees along with my AOS package? Thank you!

Are you applying together with your spouse or you're processing follow to join? If you're processing with your spouse and you're the main bread winner, then yes, include your financial and employment documents in support of the entire package. Your educational documents are not required, only your spouse is required to meet and provide proof of educational requirement (unless of course if your spouse's selection is based on your own country of birth and not hers).

Thanks Mom! May I also ask about I-134?If my sponsor’s income alone is sufficient, will he need to also provide the amount “on deposit in savings banks in the United States” ?

In this case, other than the government ID, what else will the sponsor need to provide?

Thanks Mom! May I also ask about I-134?If my sponsor’s income alone is sufficient, will he need to also provide the amount “on deposit in savings banks in the United States” ?

In this case, other than the government ID, what else will the sponsor need to provide?

Yes he should fill that too, wouldn't hurt to do so. W-2/1099

Hi mom, my online status says "On December 15, 2015, we approved your Form I-131, Application For USCIS Travel Document, Receipt Number MSCxxxxxx We will mail your approval notice." I've already got EAD card last month. But I haven't got any AP, approval notice yet. It has been almost a month but do you have any idea why it doesn't come? My address is still same.
I haven't got interview letter either.

Hi mom, my online status says "On December 15, 2015, we approved your Form I-131, Application For USCIS Travel Document, Receipt Number MSCxxxxxx We will mail your approval notice." I've already got EAD card last month. But I haven't got any AP, approval notice yet. It has been almost a month but do you have any idea why it doesn't come? My address is still same.
I haven't got interview letter either.

The EAD and AP card is usually a combo card if the applications got submitted at the same time. Did you include both forms with your AOS package or you sent in the I-131 form after? Anyway, you can call USCIS to let them know you haven't received the I-131 approval notice or the approval card itself.

Hiya!

Super excited we got our acceptance email! Just noticed however that we put my mother-in-law's date of birth (year) wrong on all our paperwork. Should I just let them know when we're at our interview?

I went to an infopass in NY two weeks ago, they checked my file and said everything looks ok and that they didn't start inviting for interviews yet so I should keep waiting.
Aldis, I'm in NYC and waiting for interview letter as well (EAD/AP were already approved).
So, did you get any update from USCIS about interview date?
Thank you.

Hello,
I called KCC today and asked about my file, whether my FO has requested it yet. I was told that yes, the file was requested on Jan 5 and KCC emailed it to them on Jan6; I was also told as KCC emailed the file they should already have it. Well, as Mom said it before an officer is not just waiting for my file and will jump on it as soon as it is received. At least, I know now that they are working or they will work on it sometime (hopefully soon). By the way, my interview was on Dec 21. Considering holidays, I think it is still good, right?

Hiya!

Super excited we got our acceptance email! Just noticed however that we put my mother-in-law's date of birth (year) wrong on all our paperwork. Should I just let them know when we're at our interview?

You can mention that at the time of your interview.

Hello,
I called KCC today and asked about my file, whether my FO has requested it yet. I was told that yes, the file was requested on Jan 5 and KCC emailed it to them on Jan6; I was also told as KCC emailed the file they should already have it. Well, as Mom said it before an officer is not just waiting for my file and will jump on it as soon as it is received. At least, I know now that they are working or they will work on it sometime (hopefully soon). By the way, my interview was on Dec 21. Considering holidays, I think it is still good, right?

Yep, everything is still looking good.

Oh ya finally number became current, now its time to send the package. I have already prepared the package including medicals I just need to double check everything before sending.

The EAD and AP card is usually a combo card if the applications got submitted at the same time. Did you include both forms with your AOS package or you sent in the I-131 form after? Anyway, you can call USCIS to let them know you haven't received the I-131 approval notice or the approval card itself.
Thank you very much. I just checked my I-797, although case type is "I-765 Application for Employment Authorization" it says "your application for employment and advance parole has been approved" And my EAD card (I-766) says "serves as I-512 Advance parole". That means I have combo card right?

Thank you very much. I just checked my I-797, although case type is "I-765 Application for Employment Authorization" it says "your application for employment and advance parole has been approved" And my EAD card (I-766) says "serves as I-512 Advance parole". That means I have combo card right?

Yes.

Hi Sm1smom, a quick question here - does below status mean that AOS application is approved?

"On January 8, 2016, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number MSC169xxxxxxx, and will mail it to the address you gave us."

Hi Sm1smom, a quick question here - does below status mean that AOS application is approved?

"On January 8, 2016, we ordered your new card for Receipt Number MSC169xxxxxxx, and will mail it to the address you gave us."

Assuming you didn't apply for an EAD or AP card (which you're yet to get if you did apply for those), then yes that status is an indication that the AOS petition has been approved.