• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

Mom, in G-325A form Place of Marriage- what should I write should I write whats it says in the marriage certificate which says brides home and address or just the city and country? Also my full first name does not fit in the first name box so should I initialize it and write my full name in all other names used box?

Mom, in G-325A form Place of Marriage- what should I write should I write whats it says in the marriage certificate which says brides home and address or just the city and country? Also my full first name does not fit in the first name box so should I initialize it and write my full name in all other names used box?

1. City and country
2. Yes, and go the extra step of writing out the full names on an extra sheet of paper and attach it to the form

1. City and country
2. Yes, and go the extra step of writing out the full names on an extra sheet of paper and attach it to the form
Thanks mom one more question is photographs should I include 6 photos (2 each for application) in one envelope or should I include separate 2 photos each for 3 envelopes for 3 applicaions where attach the photos in the section of each application. Sorry for asking such silly questions.

Hello,
I called KCC today and asked about my file, whether my FO has requested it yet. I was told that yes, the file was requested on Jan 5 and KCC emailed it to them on Jan6; I was also told as KCC emailed the file they should already have it. Well, as Mom said it before an officer is not just waiting for my file and will jump on it as soon as it is received. At least, I know now that they are working or they will work on it sometime (hopefully soon). By the way, my interview was on Dec 21. Considering holidays, I think it is still good, right?
@Pamuk and @Sm1smom,
I have tried to follow the forum but I guess I miss something. What document/file do you mean? So IO need a file from KCC before approving the case? Please advise.
I had my interview on Dec. 22nd and I was told I should get it within 10 business days. Considering the holidays and vacations for Christmas so I am still waiting. Also, my online status has not changed yet.
Thank you.

Thanks mom one more question is photographs should I include 6 photos (2 each for application) in one envelope or should I include separate 2 photos each for 3 envelopes for 3 applicaions where attach the photos in the section of each application. Sorry for asking such silly questions.

You can separate them

@Pamuk and @Sm1smom,
I have tried to follow the forum but I guess I miss something. What document/file do you mean? So IO need a file from KCC before approving the case? Please advise.
I had my interview on Dec. 22nd and I was told I should get it within 10 business days. Considering the holidays and vacations for Christmas so I am still waiting. Also, my online status has not changed yet.
Thank you.

Yes they do. See below for two of my previous posts/response regarding the KCC file:

Congratulations on getting the interview out of the way. The missing document the IO is referring to isn't the copy of the DV selectee notification letter which I'm certain you originally included with your AOS package. It's most likely the case file from KCC - either your FO forgot to request the case file from KCC before your interview (and your IO just realized that) or they already made the request and were simply waiting for KCC to respond. Requesting and getting the visa number is an online process, which can be done right on the spot, hardly requires any wait time as long as the CN is current prior to the interview taking place.

You can give KCC a call and ask them if your FO has requested your KCC file. If they say yes, ask them when was it requested and if it's already sent.

It took quite a while last year, 3 to 6 weeks if I'm not mistaken. It seems to be faster this year though, going by the reports of those who already got approved. It's probably more than what you have on hand, but it still wouldn't have mattered even if you had copies of everything that's typically contained in the file. The official file still has to come directly from KCC to your FO before the case gets approved.

@Pamuk and @Sm1smom,
Thank you.

Hello,
I should say that I learned everything about this file here, in this forum. So, Mom knows the best. Here is what I know about it if it helps; if I'm wrong, Mom will correct me.

When we enter the DV lottery first time, we provide some info about ourselves. Then we win and proceed with submitting a form called DS-260. I guess this way KCC creates a DV immigrant visa/green card file for each principle applicant and their dependents. They also do background check. They send these files to either consulates prior to interviews or USCIS field offices upon request. I think no matter what we present to the consulates or USCIS FOs, these files are are asked and sent to the places where we are interviewed.

I tried to explain what I know. Hope it helps. Thank you.

Hello I think anyone can answer this question, in form I485, I693, I765, I 131 theres only one place for the applicant to sign. Please advice if there are more than one place. I just want to confirm this just to make sure I didn't miss any place.

Hello,
I should say that I learned everything about this file here, in this forum. So, Mom knows the best. Here is what I know about it if it helps; if I'm wrong, Mom will correct me.

When we enter the DV lottery first time, we provide some info about ourselves. Then we win and proceed with submitting a form called DS-260. I guess this way KCC creates a DV immigrant visa/green card file for each principle applicant and their dependents. They also do background check. They send these files to either consulates prior to interviews or USCIS field offices upon request. I think no matter what we present to the consulates or USCIS FOs, these files are are asked and sent to the places where we are interviewed.

I think for AOS cases background checks are carried out after fingerprinting. I think KCC does not carry out background checks for AOSers. Correct me if I m wrong.

Hello,

Yes they do. See below for two of my previous posts/response regarding the KCC file:

@Sm1smom and @Pamuk ,

Thanks for your replies. I will try to call KCC tomorrow to see if my FO has requested the case file or not.

@Sm1smom ,

I have two questions:
1. Will the SSN card be delivered in the same envelope with the green card? If not, do you know how long it takes to get the SSN card after the green card is delivered?
2. Is the online status check (USCIS website) always up to date? I mean, will the status change once the FO approves the case? I always check the status online frequently hoping the status will be changed but so far the status has never changed. I am hoping to see the status will say, "...you case is approved..."

Thank you so much for your help.

@Sm1smom and @Pamuk ,

Thanks for your replies. I will try to call KCC tomorrow to see if my FO has requested the case file or not.

@Sm1smom ,

I have two questions:
1. Will the SSN card be delivered in the same envelope with the green card? If not, do you know how long it takes to get the SSN card after the green card is delivered?
2. Is the online status check (USCIS website) always up to date? I mean, will the status change once the FO approves the case? I always check the status online frequently hoping the status will be changed but so far the status has never changed. I am hoping to see the status will say, "...you case is approved..."

Thank you so much for your help.

SSN doesn't get requested for AOSers, so it's not going to be automatically sent to you. You'll have to visit the your nearest SSA office to apply for your SSN following the receipt of your GC.

There will be some back and forth changes on the online status once a decision is made.

I think this is the address of chicago lockbox for express mail
USCIS
Attn: FBAS
131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5517

Is that correct?

One more question should I incude the check in an envelope and clip it to the front of each application pack (my self and my husbands) or just attache the check without an envelope?

Hello Mom and guys! I hope you all had a happy holidays,

I'm writing becasuse I'm i little bit worried, I went to my finger print appointment last Nov 5th since that date I haven't received yet my Interview letter.
I just made an infopass for next week just to go and ask about my case. Do you think this waiting time is normal?? My number is current since October.

Thank you

ASGA

I'm writing becasuse I'm i little bit worried, I went to my finger print appointment last Nov 5th since that date I haven't received yet my Interview letter.
I just made an infopass for next week just to go and ask about my case. Do you think this waiting time is normal?? My number is current since October.

Thank you

ASGA

I did the fingerprint in September and still didn't get an interview letter. When I went to infopass I've been told it just takes time.

Thank you

ASGA

The waiting is long, but not completely unusual. At this stage, you're doing the right thing, which is an INFOPASS. Other than that, take a look at past cases from your FO (listed on the Timelines spreadsheets) to get an idea of how long your FO typically takes.