• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

Hi,

I have another question for the medical exam. Can I do the Serologic Blood Test in another clinic other than the Civil Surgeons specified by the USCIC?

What items need to be done by the Civil Surgeons specified by the USCIC?
I know that for the shots/vaccinations/TB test can be done by other clinics, and bring the records to the Civil Surgeons and let them fill out the I-693, how about the Serologic Blood Test and the Physical exam?

Unfortunately in my area those Civil Surgeons do not accept my medical plan, so I am thinking to go to clinics that accept my medical plan first to reduce the cost for the medical exam.

Thanks!

Hi,

I am now at F1 visa and I am going to send my application packages in February during the time my number gets current. May I ask in this case, can I travel to my original country in May? When I am doing AOS, will USCIS take my passport and keep them until I get the green card? Thanks.

If your F1 visa is valid, then you can still travel outside the U.S. and re-enter the country. Again, your re-entry permission is granted by the officer at the airport. Nobody will take your passport for the AOS.
However, you should think of that once again, because you may get the Interview Letter while you are out of the country. And it might happen, that the interview is scheduled, and you are not back yet.

I'm going to wait for mom or Simon to respond, but I thought once you had submitted an AOS application you could not leave the US unless you had applied for and been granted advance parole or your application is considered abandoned.

I'm going to wait for mom or Simon to respond, but I thought once you had submitted an AOS application you could not leave the US unless you had applied for and been granted advance parole or your application is considered abandoned.
I apologize, that is true. I was thinking of Advance Parole but was in the middle of doing something and wrote F1 visa instead for the unknown reason. But I wanted to say that even if you have a valid AP, the permission to enter is granted at the airport. So every time someone wants to travel while on AOS he should seriously consider that. It might be safer to stay in the U.S. unless you have a serious reason to travel.

I apologize, that is true. I was thinking of Advance Parole but was in the middle of doing something and wrote F1 visa instead for the unknown reason.

With respect, your post doesn't really make sense just replacing "advance parole" without explaining what it is.

Again, my apologies to @rrro123 for causing possible confusion.
Maybe it is better to delete that post of mine so that it does not mislead anyone.

Last edited:
Hi,

I am now at F1 visa and I am going to send my application packages in February during the time my number gets current. May I ask in this case, can I travel to my original country in May? When I am doing AOS, will USCIS take my passport and keep them until I get the green card? Thanks.

You will need to have an approved AP on hand if you plan on traveling outside of the US after submitting your AOS package. Having a valid F1 visa isn't enough. If you travel out without having an approved AP card on hand, your AOS petition would be considered abandoned, and you will not get a refund for the fees you've already paid.

Yep, that is correct.

For the shots need to be done in the medical exam, are TDAP, MMR, TB skin test, Flu shot the only ones needed (These are listed in the spreadsheet)? Or there are other ones? I try to search on the USCIC website, and the instruction documents for I-693, but unfortunately cannot find any of the information.

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-693instr.pdf
http://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/exams/medical-examination-faqs.html.#6

What's listed on the AOS spreadsheet is what's required (what's considered age appropriate). You will need to contact your CS directly to find out if they're willing to accept a Serological Blood Test report (which I doubt - the medical exam is a cash cow for most of them). Alternatively you can try to get those shots from your public health care dept to cut down on cost and present that record to the CS.

Thank you!

1. May I ask what is the " File number" in the forms of g-325? And what is the Alien registration number?
2. May i also ask about an item in g-325? This items ask us to choose 3 following answers listed below: "This form is submitted in connection with an application for 1. naturalization 2. Status as permanent resident 3. others?" Which one should I choose if I am going to apply for the DV lottery green card?
3. May i ask about the "Money Order or Personal Check of $1070 - filing fee for I-485 ($985) and Biometrics fee ($85) "? Unlike the DV fee $330 which should be paid by cashier's check, the filing fee can be paid by personal checks? Does my personal check need to have printed name and address on top or I can use the checks that my name is hand written? Can I pay the filing fee and Biometrics fee together in one check or they need to be separate checks?
4. Can I file the Form I-131 Advanced Parole along with the package together? Is it free to file this form together?
5. Will I need to file I-797 Notice of Action? i am pretty confused if this is needed.

Thanks!

Thank you!

1. May I ask what is the " File number" in the forms of g-325? And what is the Alien registration number?
2. May i also ask about an item in g-325? This items ask us to choose 3 following answers listed below: "This form is submitted in connection with an application for 1. naturalization 2. Status as permanent resident 3. others?" Which one should I choose if I am going to apply for the DV lottery green card?
3. May i ask about the "Money Order or Personal Check of $1070 - filing fee for I-485 ($985) and Biometrics fee ($85) "? Unlike the DV fee $330 which should be paid by cashier's check, the filing fee can be paid by personal checks? Does my personal check need to have printed name and address on top or I can use the checks that my name is hand written? Can I pay the filing fee and Biometrics fee together in one check or they need to be separate checks?
4. Can I file the Form I-131 Advanced Parole along with the package together? Is it free to file this form together?
5. Will I need to file I-797 Notice of Action? i am pretty confused if this is needed.

Thanks!

1. File # = Alien #. You wouldn't have an Alien # if you've never applied for any immigration benefit from USCIS in the past. So you can leave that section blank.
2. Status as PR
3. Doesn't need to have name and address. One check
4. Yes. Yes.
5. You don't file an I-797. That's a recent from USCIS. You wouldn't have an I-797 if you've not sort immigration benefit in the past/done a change of status

Lots of thanks!
May I also ask about the Evidence of Financial Support?

1. Can bank statements be my account balance ?2. Are bank statements enough if I do not have pay stubs available (I just have a letter from school saying that I will have one year scholarship till the end of Aug. 2016)? 3. Are tax return transcripts for the past 1 - 3 years required? It seems like in my country they do not have this tax return transcripts, they just reimburse us the exceeded tax paid.
Thanks!

Lots of thanks!
May I also ask about the Evidence of Financial Support?

1. Can bank statements be my account balance ?2. Are bank statements enough if I do not have pay stubs available (I just have a letter from school saying that I will have one year scholarship till the end of Aug. 2016)? 3. Are tax return transcripts for the past 1 - 3 years required? It seems like in my country they do not have this tax return transcripts, they just reimburse us the exceeded tax paid.
Thanks!

The purpose of the Evidence of Financial Support is to proof to the IO you will not become a public charge or try to apply for public benefits which you do not qualify for should they grant your GC petition. A letter from your school saying you have a one year scholarship will not suffice. If you have an employment letter showing you earn an annual income above the applicable poverty guideline, that could help.

Do you have a significantly large amount of savings in your account? The referenced tax return transcript is for US tax filings only, what's done in your home country is irrelevant. Since you're on a student visa, find someone to fill out the I-134 form for you.

Thank you!
1. How much shall I have in my savings in my account will be sufficient for AOS?
2. I checked out the I-134, but it seems like the person that fills out this form need to be a US citizen? Does the person need to provide his financial document? May I also ask can the person provide tax form issued by employers outside the US to replace W-2 or 1099?
3. In this case, do I need to submit Copies of tax return transcripts for the past 1 - 3 years?

I am thinking of several cases possible. May I ask about opinions for them?
case 1: submit bank statements with sufficient savings in my account and 3 months of pay stubs of my scholarship. (without submitting the one year scholarship letter)
case 2: submit I-134 only.
case 3: employment letter of research assistence from school with 3 months of pay stubs of my scholarship. (my school provides scholarship for 1st year and research assistence for the next few years.)

Thank you!

Hello Mom,

I have a scheduled INFOPASS tomorrow and was reviewing my documents, when I almost had a heart attack. When I got a translation of my birth certificate, I checked the names of my parents and me, birthplace, etc. But I guess I just didn't look at the date of issue and the serial #. When I looked at it today, I saw that the date of issue and the serial # are wrong.
What are the possible results of that? Should I mention this during the INFOPASS tomorrow? I will definitely bring a correct one tomorrow and to the interview. And also, can this be a reason of a possible delay in getting IL?

Thank you!

Thank you!
1. How much shall I have in my savings in my account will be sufficient for AOS?
2. I checked out the I-134, but it seems like the person that fills out this form need to be a US citizen? Does the person need to provide his financial document? May I also ask can the person provide tax form issued by employers outside the US to replace W-2 or 1099?
3. In this case, do I need to submit Copies of tax return transcripts for the past 1 - 3 years?

I am thinking of several cases possible. May I ask about opinions for them?
case 1: submit bank statements with sufficient savings in my account and 3 months of pay stubs of my scholarship. (without submitting the one year scholarship letter)
case 2: submit I-134 only.
case 3: employment letter of research assistence from school with 3 months of pay stubs of my scholarship. (my school provides scholarship for 1st year and research assistence for the next few years.)

Thank you!

1. You may be okay with a savings of $10K to $15 for one person.
2. A USC or a LPR can fill out the form. Yes. Provided the person has been reporting the income from the foreign employer to the US government, the foreign issued tax documents may be fine.
3. No if you don't have your own tax documents, yes if you do.

- Again, a scholarship is not an income, so I'm not sure why you're going on and on about submitting scholarship information as proof you will not become a public charge.
- Like I said before, since you're on a student visa, do whatever you can to get an I-134, in addition to any other financial evidence you personally have.
- Including the employment letter is an added bonus, wouldn't hurt to do so.

Hello Mom,

I have a scheduled INFOPASS tomorrow and was reviewing my documents, when I almost had a heart attack. When I got a translation of my birth certificate, I checked the names of my parents and me, birthplace, etc. But I guess I just didn't look at the date of issue and the serial #. When I looked at it today, I saw that the date of issue and the serial # are wrong.
What are the possible results of that? Should I mention this during the INFOPASS tomorrow? I will definitely bring a correct one tomorrow and to the interview. And also, can this be a reason of a possible delay in getting IL?

Thank you!

Take the correct version to your interview, no point mentioning it at tomorrow's INFOPASS - the person you'll be seeing will most likely have no access to your file. No it cannot lead to a delay in getting the IL.

1. You may be okay with a savings of $10K to $15 for one person.
2. A USC or a LPR can fill out the form. Yes. Provided the person has been reporting the income from the foreign employer to the US government, the foreign issued tax documents may be fine.
3. No if you don't have your own tax documents, yes if you do.

- Again, a scholarship is not an income, so I'm not sure why you're going on and on about submitting scholarship information as proof you will not become a public charge.
- Like I said before, since you're on a student visa, do whatever you can to get an I-134, in addition to any other financial evidence you personally have.
- Including the employment letter is an added bonus, wouldn't hurt to do so.
Thanks Mom! Is the I-134 a must to include if I am in F1 status? Kinda hard to get a USC to be my sponsor.

Thanks Mom! Is the I-134 a must to include if I am in F1 status? Kinda hard to get a USC to be my sponsor.

Nothing, as far as the supporting documents listed on the AOS process spreadsheet, is a must. You're simply responsible for sending in whatever you think you need to present your case in a positive light - the list is there as a guide.

Take the correct version to your interview, no point mentioning it at tomorrow's INFOPASS - the person you'll be seeing will most likely have no access to your file. No it cannot lead to a delay in getting the IL.
Thank you, Mom!

So I had my INFOPASS today, and I got the following information on my case: the file was received from KCC, and the background check was done. I was told that either I would get an IL within a month, or the decision would be made without the interview. I highly doubt the second outcome, since I'm an F-1 student, and also when I was filling I didn't include the copy of my high school certificate (I didn't know about this forum and sent only the docs listed on the USCIS website).
So, fingers crossed, and I just keep waiting :)