• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

Getting an INFOPASS slot in some FOs can be such a major issue. The solution is to keep checking intermittently - check in the morning, afternoon, evening/late at night on a daily basis. People sometimes book multiple appointments in advance and once they discover they no longer need those, they release them.

OK, thanks, I will keep trying later...

Just got done with my interview, went well I think. Was very smooth and straight forward, went for about 5-10 mins. No complicated questions, just checked through all my papers. Hoping to receive approval in the mail soon. Fingers crossed!

Awesome, well done Lynnie!

Hello mom and Simon,

I am about to receive an internship offer for the upcoming summer but the company requires me to have GC. I have already told them that I am in the process of getting my GC and they have requested for some documents. My question is, under what circumstances, I am considered as a person that that has used the EAD? In fact, if I just send the company my EAD card as an evidence of my work authorization, is it considered to be using my EAD or it only counts when I physically start working under that work authorization card? Can I send them the EAD card now and later, in case there was a delay in my GC process, I turn down the offer and not attend the internship? I do not want to use the EAD card before I make sure that my GC is approved.

thanks.

Just got done with my interview, went well I think. Was very smooth and straight forward, went for about 5-10 mins. No complicated questions, just checked through all my papers. Hoping to receive approval in the mail soon. Fingers crossed!
very good news.

I do understand your frustration with your FO. I just felt a clarification needed to be made regarding your blanket statement about an INFOPASS being of any use to anyone.

Now if you care to provide more information about exactly what happened there, we may be able to explain what went wrong or someone else could benefit from it. What exactly did you say when you got there?
So we went there with the INFOPASS appointment sheet. We asked them about our situation: "Interview was held on November 5th, we came here after 15 days due to case status update of RFE. You told to wait 15 days for approval/denial, We haven't received anything". She told that wait time is 2 months, not 15 days. Again told us to wait for 2 months since the interview. i.e. till January 5th. If no approval/denial please follow up. I found our FO little unresponsive to what they say. We asked about the background check too. She told that "If there is anything, you will get in mail" and we need to wait and wait.

It might not be correct for all. I have heard good responses from FOs through this forum. But somehow, we got unlucky to get such weird experience.

We thought that we have until September to get through it. Perhaps we are being little inpatient. Hence, still waiting (thats all we can do now).

So we went there with the INFOPASS appointment sheet. We asked them about our situation: "Interview was held on November 5th, we came here after 15 days due to case status update of RFE. You told to wait 15 days for approval/denial, We haven't received anything". She told that wait time is 2 months, not 15 days. Again told us to wait for 2 months since the interview. i.e. till January 5th. If no approval/denial please follow up. I found our FO little unresponsive to what they say. We asked about the background check too. She told that "If there is anything, you will get in mail" and we need to wait and wait.

It might not be correct for all. I have heard good responses from FOs through this forum. But somehow, we got unlucky to get such weird experience.

We thought that we have until September to get through it. Perhaps we are being little inpatient. Hence, still waiting (thats all we can do now).
What is your FO?

Mom, When I got selected for DV process I was living in Massachusetts, but now when I complete my I485 I live in New Hamshire. But my 1 NL and 2NL both has my massachusetts address. So I hope NBC should forward my file to FO where my I485 address is? Which is New Hamshire

Hello mom and Simon,

I am about to receive an internship offer for the upcoming summer but the company requires me to have GC. I have already told them that I am in the process of getting my GC and they have requested for some documents. My question is, under what circumstances, I am considered as a person that that has used the EAD? In fact, if I just send the company my EAD card as an evidence of my work authorization, is it considered to be using my EAD or it only counts when I physically start working under that work authorization card? Can I send them the EAD card now and later, in case there was a delay in my GC process, I turn down the offer and not attend the internship? I do not want to use the EAD card before I make sure that my GC is approved.

thanks.

Using the AOS based EAD card as described is likely to be technically considered as having used the card to undertake authorized employment.

Mom, When I got selected for DV process I was living in Massachusetts, but now when I complete my I485 I live in New Hamshire. But my 1 NL and 2NL both has my massachusetts address. So I hope NBC should forward my file to FO where my I485 address is? Which is New Hamshire

As long as you used your NH address for the forms in your AOS package, your FO will be in NH.

Hi mom
Im new on this forum..my vb number 2016EU00021xxx ,do you think im good to go in march vb number and sending my packet in january?
Thanks

Hi mom
Im new on this forum..my vb number 2016EU00021xxx ,do you think im good to go in march vb number and sending my packet in january?
Thanks

- I honestly don't know regarding when your CN could become current, trying to stay away from guesstimating on numbers becoming current.

- The decision to go early filing or not is your call. You may if you wish, just be sure you understanding the different possible outcomes of filing early.

Hello mom!
My wife recently got a 2NL from KCC, and her case number will be current in Feb 2015. Do we need to send a separate AOS packages for both principle applicant and derivatives or simply put files in same package, what would you recommend? How soon we need to send the AOS package? You must have answered these questions in your earlier post though it would be great if you could answer me again. Thanks and really appreciate for your time!

Hello mom!
My wife recently got a 2NL from KCC, and her case number will be current in Feb 2015. Do we need to send a separate AOS packages for both principle applicant and derivatives or simply put files in same package, what would you recommend? How soon we need to send the AOS package? You must have answered these questions in your earlier post though it would be great if you could answer me again. Thanks and really appreciate for your time!

You should mail in both your AOS petition and that of your wife together in one package. Go through the AOS spreadsheet (link below) for guidance regarding when or how soon the package should be mailed in:

https://goo.gl/x7x3td

Hello,

I was one of the winners from DV 2016. I had the luck to have lower number EU0008xxx. I'm currently an F1 student and here is my situation. I filed for AOS on 26th Aug 2015 since I was told by USCIS officer that as soon as my number becomes current ( my number was in the cut-off numbers for DV2016) I can file my documents so I did. On 25th of Sep I attended my interview, It seemed to me that it went well, but several days later I received denial notice, because of early filing.
I met an immigration attorney on the next day after I received the letter and he advised me that I can file again so I did. I send the package on 3rd October and I went for bio walk in on 26th Oct ( the date in the notice for bio was 04 Nov). Then I had no response or EAD till today when I checked my status and appeared to be "Case was approved. " I haven't received notice for another interview or text message/email that my case was approved. I'm just wondering if that's normal.

What do you think about that?
Thank you

Hello,

I was one of the winners from DV 2016. I had the luck to have lower number EU0008xxx. I'm currently an F1 student and here is my situation. I filed for AOS on 26th Aug 2015 since I was told by USCIS officer that as soon as my number becomes current ( my number was in the cut-off numbers for DV2016) I can file my documents so I did. On 25th of Sep I attended my interview, It seemed to me that it went well, but several days later I received denial notice, because of early filing.
I met an immigration attorney on the next day after I received the letter and he advised me that I can file again so I did. I send the package on 3rd October and I went for bio walk in on 26th Oct ( the date in the notice for bio was 04 Nov). Then I had no response or EAD till today when I checked my status and appeared to be "Case was approved. " I haven't received notice for another interview or text message/email that my case was approved. I'm just wondering if that's normal.

What do you think about that?
Thank you

Seems like your FO initially thought you were a 2015 selectee, hence the promptly scheduled interview in Sept before the start of your applicable FY. The petition then got denied after the interview once they realized you're a 2016 selectee. Does your online status indicate the approval date? Has it shown any update regarding card production being ordered? You should call the USCIS customer service number to follow up on your case - request to speak with a Tier 2 officer after politely listening to the customer service rep read out exactly what you've already seen online when you checked the case status yourself.