• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

Thank you - and if my online case hasn't been updating (i.e. it still hasn't updated to tell me my interview has been scheduled, and it's tomorrow), will this be a problem if I have to wait to see my status update online after my interview?

The online status usually doesn't get updated until after the case is either approved or denied, so nothing to worry about.

You may be okay with your employment letter. However, considering the fact that you have no savings to present and you just started on this job, I would suggest getting an I-134 as a back up document if you can. If you can't, then you just have to show up with whatever you have and keep your fingers crossed.

Regarding the 9 FAM documents, the DOS recently made changes to the site hosting all those documents, so yes the links are no longer current. I'm looking at updating those soon (it may take some time for me to get around to doing that though). Anything specific you're looking for?

Thanks for the information. I was planning to print the document and tell the FO if he asked for the I-864 form that the form is not required for dv applicants. Form I-864 is listed as required in my interview letter, but as you said in a previous post that this letter is generic. Thanks for your help.

I am not listed on her IL.
Yes we do live together under the same address that was specified on our I-485's.

It's probably an oversight on your FO's part. Attend the interview with your wife (if a separate IL doesn't show up for you by the date of her scheduled interview), take along all of your documents. You may need to do some explaining to the guards at the entrance, I'm certain they will allow you inside considering the fact that you're the principal applicant and your wife as a derivative cannot be adjudicated without your case either being previously adjudicated or alongside with hers.

Thanks for the information. I was planning to print the document and tell the FO if he asked for the I-864 form that the form is not required for dv applicants. Form I-864 is listed as required in my interview letter, but as you said in a previous post that this letter is generic. Thanks for your help.

"While many categories of immigrants must submit the legally binding Form I-864, Affidavit of Support Under Section 213A of the Act, the DV category is not one of them. You can consult 9 FAM 40.41 for standards of processing public charge issues in immigrant visa (IV) cases that do not involve the I-864, Affidavit of Support Under Section 213A of the Act."
http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/87838.pdf (p.10)

And this (I suggest you print out, read through and highlight the relevant sections prior to your interview for easier reference should you need to use it):
https://fam.state.gov/FAM/09FAM/09FAM030208.html

It's probably an oversight on your FO's part. Attend the interview with your wife (if a separate IL doesn't show up for you by the date of her scheduled interview), take along all of your documents. You may need to do some explaining to the guards at the entrance, I'm certain they will allow you inside considering the fact that you're the principal applicant and your wife as a derivative cannot be adjudicated without your case either being previously adjudicated or alongside with hers.

Thanks, I hope it will be fine.

Hello everyone,

My experience with INFOPASS was a kind of positive. I had concern about 2NL and the delay of IL and whether I need lawyer or not. So the answers were as follow:

No, you do not need 2NL since KCC already sent your package you are done with them.

They have not received my AOS package from Chicago yet.

The interview will take any time from next year to September, 30 so just wait.

No, you do not need a lawyer since you are following all the instructions but it is still a personal choice if I want to hire someone.

Then he told that it is good that I requested INFOPASS appointment because this will bring the case to attention and it is normal to check again if I have not received any letter. They have a lot of cases and sometimes it is good to go and ask. Now I am waiting for an email from them to update my case.

So I advice everyone to schedule appointment of you have any concern. If they do not solve it at least they bring your case to attention. I hope you find my experience helpful.

Good luck for all of us

Hello everyone,

My experience with INFOPASS was a kind of positive. I had concern about 2NL and the delay of IL and whether I need lawyer or not. So the answers were as follow:

No, you do not need 2NL since KCC already sent your package you are done with them.

They have not received my AOS package from Chicago yet.

The interview will take any time from next year to September, 30 so just wait.

No, you do not need a lawyer since you are following all the instructions but it is still a personal choice if I want to hire someone.

Then he told that it is good that I requested INFOPASS appointment because this will bring the case to attention and it is normal to check again if I have not received any letter. They have a lot of cases and sometimes it is good to go and ask. Now I am waiting for an email from them to update my case.

So I advice everyone to schedule appointment of you have any concern. If they do not solve it at least they bring your case to attention. I hope you find my experience helpful.

Good luck for all of us

I find it strange that they told you the Chicago Lockbox hasn't forwarded your AOS package. You did file in Sept and have since done your bio, correct? Well, this is how the process works: the Chicago Lockbox receives and checks the package for completeness, captures the information in their system following which the package gets forwarded to the NBC. NBC schedules the bio and forwards the I-485 package to the applicable FO (after separating forms I-765 and I-131, if applicable from the package). NBC has never been known to hold on to the I-485 petition, yours has got to be somewhere in your FO.

And if they confirmed to you that KCC has already forwarded your KCC file to them, that's the evidence that the Chicago lockbox isn't holding on to your AOS package. Your KCC wouldn't have been sent if your FO didn't make a request for it. And in order for your FO to make that request, they must have received your AOS package. It seems like whoever it was you met at your INFOPASS gave you a bunch of inaccurate information.

I find it strange that they told you the Chicago Lockbox hasn't forwarded your AOS package. You did file in Sept and have since done your bio, correct? Well, this is how the process works: the Chicago Lockbox receives and checks the package for completeness, captures the information in their system following which the package gets forwarded to the NBC. NBC schedules the bio and forwards the I-485 package to the applicable FO (after separating forms I-765 and I-131, if applicable from the package). NBC has never been known to hold on to the I-485 petition, yours has got to be somewhere in your FO.

And if they confirmed to you that KCC has already forwarded your KCC file to them, that's the evidence that the Chicago lockbox isn't holding on to your AOS package. Your KCC wouldn't have been sent if your FO didn't make a request for it. And in order for your FO to make that request, they must have received your AOS package. It seems like whoever it was you met at your INFOPASS gave you a bunch of inaccurate information.

Thanks for your reply. I find it weird too. Actually they did not say Chicago ( I interpret it this way ) they told me your AOS package had not come yet and since I mailed it to Chicago so I thought it is kept there. Now I do not know where my package. I will for their email if I have not received any thing by the end of January then I will schedule another meeting

Forgive my limited English. May he said something else I missed. But I am sure about the package has not arrived ( I do not know which package)

Hi all,
I am among those who current in October, filed on 1st of October, but still have no IL. We had our bio on 27 Oct and still have no info. I was thinking to make INFOPASS to bring our case to attention, but during going through the website for making appointment I got at the end:
"At this time, there are no information appointments available for the office in your area. Please try back again later."
Did I do smth wrong?
I ticked "You need Service on a case that has already been filed" and then "Case Services follow-up appointment"
Trying ticking other one like "You need information or other services" brought me to the same page.
It was Orlando FO.
So no way to get any info :((
Any ideas?
Thanks

Hi all,
I am among those who current in October, filed on 1st of October, but still have no IL. We had our bio on 27 Oct and still have no info. I was thinking to make INFOPASS to bring our case to attention, but during going through the website for making appointment I got at the end:
"At this time, there are no information appointments available for the office in your area. Please try back again later."
Did I do smth wrong?
I ticked "You need Service on a case that has already been filed" and then "Case Services follow-up appointment"
Trying ticking other one like "You need information or other services" brought me to the same page.
It was Orlando FO.
Any ideas?
Thanks
Find another FO in your area. It looks like this one is fully booked or may be the site is under maintenance do keep checking later

Thanks for your reply. I find it weird too. Actually they did not say Chicago ( I interpret it this way ) they told me your AOS package had not come yet and since I mailed it to Chicago so I thought it is kept there. Now I do not know where my package. I will for their email if I have not received any thing by the end of January then I will schedule another meeting

Forgive my limited English. May he said something else I missed. But I am sure about the package has not arrived ( I do not know which package)

I'm learning more towards the idea of the IO meant they're yet to receive your KCC file. Some FOs will not schedule an interview until after they receive that file - the DV 2015 Thread is full of similar cases that confirms this. There is absolutely no reason as to why the NBC wouldn't have forwarded the AOS package itself to your FO.

Anyway, do go ahead with the plan of paying them another visit if the IL is still a no show by mid January.

Hi all,
Did I do smth wrong?
It was Orlando FO.
Any ideas?
Thanks

Getting an INFOPASS slot in some FOs can be such a major issue. The solution is to keep checking intermittently - check in the morning, afternoon, evening/late at night on a daily basis. People sometimes book multiple appointments in advance and once they discover they no longer need those, they release them.

I'm sorry to learn your INFOPASS visit did not go as you expected. However, I do not think it is right or fair for you to make a generalized statement such as "All who are wondering if INFOPASS solves your problems, it doesn't at all."

If the INFOPASS is as completely useless as you're insinuating, we wouldn't be recommending it as a possible option to explore. Yes, the INFOPASS may not produce the exact answer you or anyone who needs to pursue that option may be looking for, it is equally not completely useless depending on what your issue is and the type of questions you ask when you have the opportunity to speak face to face with someone at your FO. There are reports of instances where an INFOPASS has succeeded in bringing an overlooked case to the attention of the FO, or where a petitioner has been able to find out if the delay in decision they're experiencing has something to do with a pending background check. People have reported being issued with their long awaited IL or actually had an interview on the spot when they went for an INFOPASS appointment. So please try not to discourage people with statements such as you made above.
Sorry mom. But this is my frustration from INFOPASS. If anybody has good experience, thats very good. Perhaps it is dependent on FO too. Indianapolis FO is so unresponsive to INFOPASS as far as we have experienced.

Find another FO in your area. It looks like this one is fully booked or may be the site is under maintenance do keep checking later

There should be just one FO applicable to each case based on one's home address and that is the only FO an INFOPASS appointment for a case follow up such as this should be done with. Others FOs outside of the assigned FO will not discuss the status of a case outside of their jurisdiction.

Just got done with my interview, went well I think. Was very smooth and straight forward, went for about 5-10 mins. No complicated questions, just checked through all my papers. Hoping to receive approval in the mail soon. Fingers crossed!

That's cool. Looking forward to your next update in the forum.

Sorry mom. But this is my frustration from INFOPASS. If anybody has good experience, thats very good. Perhaps it is dependent on FO too. Indianapolis FO is so unresponsive to INFOPASS as far as we have experienced.

I do understand your frustration with your FO. I just felt a clarification needed to be made regarding your blanket statement about an INFOPASS being of any use to anyone.

Now if you care to provide more information about exactly what happened there, we may be able to explain what went wrong or someone else could benefit from it. What exactly did you say when you got there?