• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

Dear Mom, I was filling G325a form and I found that for the section "Applicant's last address outside the United States of more than 1 year" they have only given 1 space I have 3 address to include, what should I do?

"

Presumably NanaSorbah will be presenting the actual job offer too, though?

Like I said, if I was in his shoes, I will not leave anything to chance. I will still go ahead and prepare an affidavit of support as a back-up financial evidence in addition to the job offer letter which starts in the summer. Of course he doesn't have to act like I would.

I would like to extend NanaSorbah's question. I am also on F status now and hold a 20hr/week position (of course, I have a job offer). I also have some funds on my bank account, which are greater that 125% of the minimum level.
I am just curious -- since it seems that I need to file Affidavit of Support, whom can I it from? I do not have a spouse or even a partner at the moment.
I was planning to simply include my job offer, w-2 and bank statement... But it seems like it is not enough anymore.

Thanks!

A bank savings greater than the 125% minimum level is not the same as currently earning an annual income above the applicable poverty income level.

If you're submitting an affidavit of support with your petition, you're not the one that fills it out. It's supposed to be provided to you by a qualified person in support of your own application. If you think you can get by based on your savings and current part time job, then you don't need to include the affidavit.

Dear Mom, I was filling G325a form and I found that for the section "Applicant's last address outside the United States of more than 1 year" they have only given 1 space I have 3 address to include, what should I do?

"

You lived in 3 different places at the same time? They only need the very last address outside the US.

Hello mum. First thank you for your great spreadsheet, it's really helpful. I have a question regarding A-number. I came to US with F2 visa and then change my status to F1 inside the US. Then, 2 years ago I went back to home and I received F1 visa in my passport (my current status). I want to know do I have A-number for my previous change of status or not? I already submit my DS-260 with no A-number.

Hello mum. First thank you for your great spreadsheet, it's really helpful. I have a question regarding A-number. I came to US with F2 visa and then change my status to F1 inside the US. Then, 2 years ago I went back to home and I received F1 visa in my passport (my current status). I want to know do I have A-number for my previous change of status or not? I already submit my DS-260 with no A-number.

You wouldn't have an A# if you haven't applied for OPT.

Hello,

I would like to ask if I get an email from KCC saying that "Thank you for informing us that you plan to apply for adjustment of status with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Before you apply, you should know there are some restrictions on who qualifies for adjustment of status in the United States. " Is this email the " 2NL" mentioned in the spreadsheet, and shall I go on and pay the DV fee as soon as possible? Or I just need to pay the DV fee before my number gets current?

Another question is that in the email mentioned above, they put my nationality as "TWAN", but it should actually be "TAIWAN". May I ask will I need to send them an email and correct it? Thanks.

Hello,

I would like to ask if I get an email from KCC saying that "Thank you for informing us that you plan to apply for adjustment of status with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). Before you apply, you should know there are some restrictions on who qualifies for adjustment of status in the United States. " Is this email the " 2NL" mentioned in the spreadsheet, and shall I go on and pay the DV fee as soon as possible? Or I just need to pay the DV fee before my number gets current?

Another question is that in the email mentioned above, they put my nationality as "TWAN", but it should actually be "TAIWAN". May I ask will I need to send them an email and correct it? Thanks.

- Yes, that is the 2NL
- It's really your call regarding when you should make the DV fee. This was discussed on the spreadsheet. Be sure your number will become current, give yourself enough time to receive the receipt to enable you include a copy of it with your AOS package.
- Don't sweat that error, will not affect your case in any way.

The timeline spreadsheet is provided for the purpose of gathering DV based AOS processing times. Go take a look at it. You should equally add your own information to it, if you haven't done so already, by the way.
Mom & SussieQQQ
Sorry for taking my stress on you! I was reading AOS 2015 trying to compare the times just to get clarity on certain things.
I came across an interesting case and I thought let me take it to the experts.
It goes like this:
AF00015XXX
Current December
November 3 Chicago Lockbox
November 19 Biometrics letter received
December 10 Biometrics completed

My case: AF00013XXX
Current December
My understanding is that I have to wait until December 1 to submit but now I see someone with this case it confuse me!
Is this means I can submit my package or my former understanding of the matter is correct?
Thank you in advance for your assistance.

My understanding is that I have to wait until December 1 to submit but now I see someone with this case it confuse me!
Is this means I can submit my package or my former understanding of the matter is correct?

You can submit as soon as your number is listed in the Visa Bulletin. So yes, you can file your applications now.

Thank you very much jjjess.
So you submit as soon as your number becomes current?
Thanks again
Yes. As soon as you see that your CN falls under those cut-offs indicated in the VB. And also according to AOS Process tab in the spreadsheet, you don't need to wait until the first day of the month when your CN becomes current. You can file two months in advance, as long as your CN falls under the numbers indicated on the Advance Notification section in the VB.

Mom & SussieQQQ
Sorry for taking my stress on you! I was reading AOS 2015 trying to compare the times just to get clarity on certain things.
I came across an interesting case and I thought let me take it to the experts.
It goes like this:
AF00015XXX
Current December
November 3 Chicago Lockbox
November 19 Biometrics letter received
December 10 Biometrics completed

My case: AF00013XXX
Current December

There's a reason the AOS spreadsheet process was put together. I suggest you go over it, rather than trying to base your case on what someone did last year. This post of yours and the subsequent ones after it tells me you either haven't gone through the spreadsheet or you didn't pay attention to what you read on it.

Yes. As soon as you see that your CN falls under those cut-offs indicated in the VB. And also according to AOS Process tab in the spreadsheet, you don't need to wait until the first day of the month when your CN becomes current. You can file two months in advance, as long as your CN falls under the numbers indicated on the Advance Notification section in the VB.

Please be sure to inform anyone you're trying to guide regarding when to file, the possibility of their petition being rejected or denied, just like the AOS process spreadsheet clearly explains, if they opt to file early. It's important for petitioners to be aware of that, in order for them to decide if the risk is worth it or not in their case.

Second Letter (2NL) have been received! :)
For some reason we decided it should come in paper mail box, not email, and my wife simply missed it when it have been received two weeks ago (ohh...).
Prepping for the next step.

Question - what about financial papers (statement, W2 etc)? We live in US for about 4 years. I'm F1 student, currently employed on full time position with CPT-work authorization. My wife is not eligible for work. What they expecting to see in our papers? Is there any minimum required amount $$ on the bank account or it can be just confirmation of current salary? Please advice. Thanks a lot!

Second Letter (2NL) have been received! :)
For some reason we decided it should come in paper mail box, not email, and my wife simply missed it when it have been received two weeks ago (ohh...).
Prepping for the next step.

Question - what about financial papers (statement, W2 etc)? We live in US for about 4 years. I'm F1 student, currently employed on full time position with CPT-work authorization. My wife is not eligible for work. What they expecting to see in our papers? Is there any minimum required amount $$ on the bank account or it can be just confirmation of current salary? Please advice. Thanks a lot!

There's no stated minimum amount of savings required, however if you can show proof of having a decent amount of savings in your account (please don't ask me what a decent amount is, it's a judgement call) AND you have an ongoing annual income of $30,000 and above for your family of 4, you may be okay. However, considering the fact that you're here on a student visa, I strongly recommend finding someone to fill out an affidavit of support (form I-134) for you as a back up financial evidence.