• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

Also, what would be my "current USCIS status" - Pending asylum applicant?
And question "Have you ever applied for a permanent resident status in the US?" - I assume pending asylum the answer is NO.

Last edited:
I traveled abroad last august, and I submitted form DS-260 last may.
Do I have to write KCC and update it in order to correct the number of the form I-94?, because it changes every time you enter the country.
Thanks.

Did anyone have a problem with barcode not printed out on the applications? If yes, can you please suggest the way to print out all the applications with bar code shown. Thank you.

Dear mom,
I am finishing my AOS package and I still have a question on I-485 Part 2: Application status. In which category do I fall if I am a PENDING ASYLUM case? Is it H: Other basis of eligibility? And just explain my situation?
Thank you very much!

Regardless of your current status, all DV based AOS must select H and write something like 'DV lottery winner. Selectee Notification Letter attached'.

I traveled abroad last august, and I submitted form DS-260 last may.
Do I have to write KCC and update it in order to correct the number of the form I-94?, because it changes every time you enter the country.
Thanks.

You may, if it puts your mind at rest. Regardless, you'll have the opportunity of providing the information with your I-485 package.

Did anyone have a problem with barcode not printed out on the applications? If yes, can you please suggest the way to print out all the applications with bar code shown. Thank you.

The bar code has been replaced with the actual case number, so don't worry about the inability to print it.

Here we go again, :rolleyes: :)DV 2016 Thread for the lucky selectees already based in the U.S. and planning on processing AOS. Please go through the attached spreadsheet, (it will do you a world of good), and post subsequent questions regarding the processing on this Thread.

I just want to say thank you so much for the AOS process information, especially the timeline spreadsheets! It's incredibly helpful & very much appreciated! :)

I just want to say thank you so much for the AOS process information, especially the timeline spreadsheets! It's incredibly helpful & very much appreciated! :)

Truly glad you find the spreadsheet helpful, and I do appreciate your appreciating it too :)

My husband and I are doing AOS for the 2016 DV visas. We are also thinking of signing up for the 2017 DV lottery, just "in case" there is some kind of administrative blundering or anything else that causes the time period for our 2016 DV visas to expire, or our application to be rejected, and hence us to lose the visas. Signing up for the 2017 DV would mean we would then have another chance again next year. Does anyone know of any good reason to NOT do this? Are there any known adverse effects of signing up for the next DV lottery when you have a current DV AOS in place? Is there any way it would affect the current green card application? Thanks for your help!

My husband and I are doing AOS for the 2016 DV visas. We are also thinking of signing up for the 2017 DV lottery, just "in case" there is some kind of administrative blundering or anything else that causes the time period for our 2016 DV visas to expire, or our application to be rejected, and hence us to lose the visas. Signing up for the 2017 DV would mean we would then have another chance again next year. Does anyone know of any good reason to NOT do this? Are there any known adverse effects of signing up for the next DV lottery when you have a current DV AOS in place? Is there any way it would affect the current green card application? Thanks for your help!

No adverse affects. Do it.

Hi there,

Does having EAD/AP approved mean that NBC has performed all the checks and that part is done?

EAD/AP approval has nothing to do with the background. The card is always issued regardless of whether the background check has been done/completed or not.

Hi Mom, We are closing monitoring VB for our number cut off, range for (AF201600034xxx) estimated around April/June to become available. In the meantime, my spouses on a (G4 Visa) work permit AED expiry is on 31 December 2015. We are thinking of submitting renewal application for the EAD. Is ok to proceed considering that we are gearing ourselves for AOS from G4 to GC.

Thank you.

Hi Mom, We are closing monitoring VB for our number cut off, range for (AF201600034xxx) estimated around April/June to become available. In the meantime, my spouses on a (G4 Visa) work permit AED expiry is on 31 December 2015. We are thinking of submitting renewal application for the EAD. Is ok to proceed considering that we are gearing ourselves for AOS from G4 to GC.

Thank you.

That would be the right approach (apply for a new G4 based EAD card) if your spouse wishes to keep working prior to your becoming current.

Thank you.
Also do your research as you might be requested to give up your green card or your job when switching from G4 to GC (it poses a problem due to taxes at least at the UN if that's where u work, etc.)

Also do your research as you might be requested to give up your green card or your job when switching from G4 to GC (it poses a problem due to taxes at least at the UN if that's where u work, etc.)

Yeah there was a G4 holder on the forum at some stage who I recall would have to resign her job at the UN if she took up a green card. I don't think all G4 visa holders face that problem though - I know people on G4 at the IMF and - I may be mistaken but - from what I understand all that would happen if they adjusted status would be that they would have to start paying tax.