• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

No, it's not over, and no, don't mail out the envelope separately now. Email KCC, it will probably take a while, they will however eventually email the receipt to you in this case.
Mom, Thank you so much for quick reply. I started crying hahaha... I email them right now. I have to be careful 10 times more. I'm sorry and again thank you so much.

Hi all,
I've almost gathered all docs and now realize that I don't quite understand where to send. On USCIS web it's said that it should be sent to (2 options):
1) USCIS
PO Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120
(For U.S. Postal Service (USPS) deliveries)
and
2) USCIS
Attn: FBAS
131 South Dearborn - 3rd Floor
Chicago, IL 60603-5517
(For Express mail and courier deliveries).

So what about Priority Mail Express by USPS? Is it 1) option since it's USPS or is it 2) option since it's express?
I've seen in the speadsheet that some of us has already sent the package by USPS express mail and received the acceptance letter, so can advise.
Thank you all!

Hi...before joining this forum, I did not know that the medical examination, form I -693 is valid for 6 months. I thought the reports are good for a year. So, i started my medical examination report on june 17, 2015 and it was completed on 24th of june 2015. According to the VB, I am good to apply on November. So, do you think I should redo my medical examination?

Hi all,
I've almost gathered all docs and now realize that I don't quite understand where to send. On USCIS web it's said that it should be sent to (2 options):
1) USCIS
PO Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120
(For U.S. Postal Service (USPS) deliveries)
and
2) USCIS
Chicago, IL 60603-5517
(For Express mail and courier deliveries).

So what about Priority Mail Express by USPS? Is it 1) option since it's USPS or is it 2) option since it's express?
I've seen in the speadsheet that some of us has already sent the package by USPS express mail and received the acceptance letter, so can advise.
Thank you all!
Hey O U,
I used the USPS express mail and used the second address. Did not get any problem and the package was delivered the next day.

2) USCIS
Chicago, IL 60603-5517

Hi...before joining this forum, I did not know that the medical examination, form I -693 is valid for 6 months. I thought the reports are good for a year. So, i started my medical examination report on june 17, 2015 and it was completed on 24th of june 2015. According to the VB, I am good to apply on November. So, do you think I should redo my medical examination?

I suppose you can still go ahead and use the medical report. Since your CN is rather low, you should have plenty of time to redo the medical IF your IO decides not to accept the one you're submitting.

I suppose you can still go ahead and use the medical report. Since your CN is rather low, you should have plenty of time to redo the medical IF your IO decides not to accept the one you're submitting.
Thank you so much for the suggestion.

Hi Sm1smom,

I'm DV 2016 selectee. I will submit my AOS package this Friday. Now I have H4 status. I'm planing to go back to my home country to complete my master degree on 1 February.

I think, I need to fill I 131 form but my question are;

1- If I fill I-131, does it effect or extend my GC processing timeline?
2- Does my GC process stop during my trip?
3- I don't know how long I'll stay out of US it can be 60 days or max 6 month. If I fill 6 month in I-131, does it have any bad effect on my GC process?

Thank you very much for your kind helps.

Hi Sm1smom,

I just realized I got selected for DV 2016 today. I got CN# AS000057XX. I got a few questions here.
I'm studying PhD here with F1 visa. My fiance is still living in Taiwan. We planned to get married the end of year and she will move here after then.
my questions are
1. Is there any way I can still put her in my DS-206 ?
2. I can get her fly here and get married the mid October and then send out DS-206. Should I do that? Or can I just say we are married?
3. Can I apply for AOS for both of us? I can get her a F2 visa starting from January 2016? Based on last year's record, my interview is unlikely to be arranged before April. Does she need to be in state when I send out DS-206?

Thank you very much. I did read through the spreadsheet very carefully.

Chiyen

Hi Sm1smom,

I'm DV 2016 selectee. I will submit my AOS package this Friday. Now I have H4 status. I'm planing to go back to my home country to complete my master degree on 1 February.

I think, I need to fill I 131 form but my question are;

1- If I fill I-131, does it effect or extend my GC processing timeline?
2- Does my GC process stop during my trip?
3- I don't know how long I'll stay out of US it can be 60 days or max 6 month. If I fill 6 month in I-131, does it have any bad effect on my GC process?

Thank you very much for your kind helps.

Technically speaking, you shouldn't need to file an I-131 since you're on a H-4 visa which is a dual intent visa. Those on a dual intent visa can travel in out and of the US during their AOS petition without running into the risk of their petition being considered as abandoned.

To answer the specific questions you've raised though:

1. No, it shouldn't.
2. No
3. If there's the possibility of your being out for a long period, I strongly suggest you wait and complete your GC petition before leaving. AOS of status is intended for people who are actually living in the US, there's a high risk of your petition being denied if you're going to be gone during the process for an extended period of time for schooling. That shows you're not really living in the US. It's a different ball game if you're basically going out for a short period on a visit.

Hi Sm1smom,

I just realized I got selected for DV 2016 today. I got CN# AS000057XX. I got a few questions here.
I'm studying PhD here with F1 visa. My fiance is still living in Taiwan. We planned to get married the end of year and she will move here after then.
my questions are
1. Is there any way I can still put her in my DS-206 ?
2. I can get her fly here and get married the mid October and then send out DS-206. Should I do that? Or can I just say we are married?
3. Can I apply for AOS for both of us? I can get her a F2 visa starting from January 2016? Based on last year's record, my interview is unlikely to be arranged before April. Does she need to be in state when I send out DS-206?

Thank you very much. I did read through the spreadsheet very carefully.

Chiyen

1. No, you cannot list her as a derivative until you actually get married to her.
2. Get married anyhow you like, then submit the DS260 form and list her.
3. Yes, it would be better for her to already be in the US.

Was just filling out Form I-131 to submit with my AOS package and am slightly confused about what to write for Part 7 "On a separate sheet of paper, explain how you qualify for an Advance Parole Document, and what circumstances warrant issuance of advance parole. Include copies of documents you wish considered".

I was going to include a letter from my employer saying why I would need to be out of the country for 4 days in January 2016 - it is for a team building/company cruise our entire company goes on, but not sure what else I need to explain here? Any advice?

1. No, you cannot list her as a derivative until you actually get married to her.
2. Get married anyhow you like, then submit the DS260 form and list her.
3. Yes, it would be better for her to already be in the US.

Thank you for your reply, Sm1smom. I decided to apply CP for both of us. So I have the following options

1. Send out DS260 and only list me and then ask KCC to unlock the file and list her in Dec after we get married in Taiwan
2. Get her on the flight and get married in the state early October then send out DS260
3. Send out DS260 and only list me and then ask KCC to unlock the file and list her in Nov after we get married in the State.

My concern is if unlocking file and add her will add too much extra processing time and delay my interview? My CN number is AS 57XX, which is still a little high. Or it doesn't matter for me to unlock and add her in Nov or Dec? Thank you so much.

Chiyen

Thank you for your reply, Sm1smom. I decided to apply CP for both of us. So I have the following options

1. Send out DS260 and only list me and then ask KCC to unlock the file and list her in Dec after we get married in Taiwan
2. Get her on the flight and get married in the state early October then send out DS260
3. Send out DS260 and only list me and then ask KCC to unlock the file and list her in Nov after we get married in the State.

My concern is if unlocking file and add her will add too much extra processing time and delay my interview? My CN number is AS 57XX, which is still a little high. Or it doesn't matter for me to unlock and add her in Nov or Dec? Thank you so much.

Chiyen

Your CN is on the bottom half of mid-range to high. So submitting your DS-260 in Nov or Dec shouldn't even be an issue talk less of originally submitting it now and adding a spouse in December. Either of the options you've listed should be fine for CP.

Hi Mom, yesterday I got receipt from KCC via email. That was so faster than I thought. I really appreciate your advice. By the way I have another question. My husband (principal applicant) is student so he has never done tax return so he doen't have tax return document. Is this a problem? I actually have done it before even though I'm also student because I had OPT for a year. Should I put my tax return document instead or we don't need anything?
And plus, both of us transferred school twice. Do we need current school accepted letter or previous school one when we got student visa?
Thanks in advance!

Good morning people and Sm1smom,

I have a simple question. I'm getting prepare to send my Chicago AOS package this week but I notice something.
I have all the documents but my high school diploma is missing the "Hague Convention Apostille" it is ok to send it only with the certified translation or do I need this stamp?
Because my University degree it has this stamp and the certified translation.

thank you for your help.

Amanda G.

Hi Mom, yesterday I got receipt from KCC via email. That was so faster than I thought. I really appreciate your advice. By the way I have another question. My husband (principal applicant) is student so he has never done tax return so he doen't have tax return document. Is this a problem? I actually have done it before even though I'm also student because I had OPT for a year. Should I put my tax return document instead or we don't need anything?
And plus, both of us transferred school twice. Do we need current school accepted letter or previous school one when we got student visa?
Thanks in advance!

Your husband not having tax returns shouldn't be a problem. If he's never earned an income in the US, then he's got nothing to file to start with. You will still need to include your own tax returns though since you've previously filed taxes.

You need documents from all the schools - evidence of how you've been maintaining status in the US.

Good morning people and Sm1smom,

I have a simple question. I'm getting prepare to send my Chicago AOS package this week but I notice something.
I have all the documents but my high school diploma is missing the "Hague Convention Apostille" it is ok to send it only with the certified translation or do I need this stamp?
Because my University degree it has this stamp and the certified translation.

thank you for your help.

Amanda G.

Send what you have.

Send what you have.

Hello again Sm1smom and thank you for your quick answer.
Sorry to bother you again I have another questions:

In the I-485 form the last two boxes of part 1:
1. Current USCIS STATUS
How do I know which is my USCIS STATUS?? right now I'm a student with a F-1 visa.
2. Expires on
The box next to the USCIS STATUS is asking the expiration date. Should I use the I-20 date or the visa date?

The last question on behalf of who or which department should the check be directed to?

Once again thank you

Amanda G.

Your husband not having tax returns shouldn't be a problem. If he's never earned an income in the US, then he's got nothing to file to start with. You will still need to include your own tax returns though since you've previously filed taxes.

You need documents from all the schools - evidence of how you've been maintaining status in the US.

Thank you so much mom for the reply. Ok I will put my tax return's document. And I actually didn't put those working experience on I-485 because it was only during OPT. Is this problem? I didn't put on DS-260 and you said it's no problem, so I did same thing to I-485 cause I'm student visa. But just in case I want to make sure if I can do that on I-485 form as well.

And do we need all accepted letter? We can't find them all... But we have all I-20 from previous school to current school. Can I use I-20 only for proof that we are having legal status until now or we have to have both I-20 and accepted letter for all schools?
Thank you again!