• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

I'm not sure if the DS-260 requests the A#, if it does and you left the section blank/or selected 'I don't Know', again that's not going to be an issue.

You should include the A# on the I-485 and any other form you will be submitting with the package that requires the A#. And yes, include a copyof the EAD with the AOS package.
In DS 260 there is the following question:
Screen Shot 2015-09-15 at 9.21.41 PM.png

Just can't decide whether I need to request unlocking the form and correct the answer or leave as is as it might be not that important.
If I unlock and resubmit DS260 this week will it prevent me from sending AOS package in October (as number is current for me) ?

In DS 260 there is the following question:
View attachment 593

Just can't decide whether I need to request unlocking the form and correct the answer or leave as is as it might be not that important.
If I unlock and resubmit DS260 this week will it prevent me from sending AOS package in October (as number is current for me) ?

For sheez! You can't keep stressing over every minute detail, I already said it wouldn't make any difference. Anyway go ahead and unlock the form if it will keep your mind at peace. Locking or unlocking the DS form has absolutely no impact on when the AOS package can be submitted.

I'm about to write my personal check to submit with my AOS package was reading this page http://www.uscis.gov/forms/paying-immigration-fees and saw that is says...

Personal checks must be pre-printed with the name of the bank and the account holder. Also, the account holder’s address and phone number must be pre-printed, typed or written in ink on the check. All checks must be typed or written in ink.
The address on my personal checks is my old address - does it matter if it does not match with my current address for this? Should I write my new address and phone number somewhere on the check?

Thanks!

I'm about to write my personal check to submit with my AOS package was reading this page http://www.uscis.gov/forms/paying-immigration-fees and saw that is says...

Personal checks must be pre-printed with the name of the bank and the account holder. Also, the account holder’s address and phone number must be pre-printed, typed or written in ink on the check. All checks must be typed or written in ink.
The address on my personal checks is my old address - does it matter if it does not match with my current address for this? Should I write my new address and phone number somewhere on the check?

Thanks!
My check got cashed today. I was using my old apartment number. I am now in a house, I changed 3 apartments after the check was issued before 3 years. There was no problem. You can just submit the check with the previous address. This is just my case. It might be different for others though.

Thanks!

You can use the check 'as is', not a problem.

My check got cashed today. I was using my old apartment number. I am now in a house, I changed 3 apartments after the check was issued before 3 years. There was no problem. You can just submit the check with the previous address. This is just my case. It might be different for others though.

When did you mail your AOS package in?

@Sm1smom Mom, do they run a credit check and/or check how much debt i have when they run a background check? I remember seeing someone's post about FBI and name checks, just wasn't sure about credit checks. Thank you!

Last edited:
@Sm1smom Mom, do they run a credit check and/or check how much debt i have when they run a background check? I remember seeing someone's post about FBI and name checks, just wasn't sure about credit checks. Thank you!

A credit check isn't part of the background check conducted for immigration purpose.

Hi guys,

Who do you make the check payable to for the $330 fee and $1070 fee?

Thank you for your commitment and dedication.

Hi guys,

Who do you make the check payable to for the $330 fee and $1070 fee?

Thank you for your commitment and dedication.
DV fee ($330): U.S. Department of State
Form and biometric fee ($1070): U.S. Department of Homeland Security

Do you pay the form and biometric fee ($1070) on the same check?

Thank you.
As Mom said, you can either pay with one check ($1070) or two separate checks ($985 + $85) but she suggested to pay with 2 separate checks.

As Mom said, you can either pay with one check ($1070) or two separate checks ($985 + $85) but she suggested to pay with 2 separate checks.

No, that's not what I was referring to when I encouraged people to pay with separate checks. That applies to applicants with derivatives who are also processing AOS with them. For a single applicant, you only need one check of $1070, no point in breaking that up.

No, that's not what I was referring to when I encouraged people to pay with separate checks. That applies to applicants with derivatives who are also processing AOS with them. For a single applicant, you only need one check of $1070, no point in breaking that up.
Thank you guys.

Hello, this is my case, hope you can help me.

My case number is 2016SA000003XX. I sent my DS260 form May 15th requesting to have my interview in my home country, Venezuela.

Right now I’m in USA with my F1 visa for a master degree program. I asked the KCC to unlock my DS260 form (August 18th) to change my principal address and put the USA address I’m currently living and also I asked them to have the interview here.

This is a fragment from the last email that I receive from the KCC:

“Based on the information you have provided, your interview location has been changed from Caracas to adjustment of status. The new interview location will not appear on your DS-260, but will be used by KCC for scheduling purposes. When we have scheduled your interview, you will be required to log into the Entrant Status Check (ESC) to view your appointment notification. At that time, please verify that your appointment is scheduled for the correct post. If for any reason it is not, you may contact KCC again at KCCDV@state.gov.”

I know that my case number is short and that I should already have receive my 2NL but I haven’t.
Today reading many websites I got confuse if I need to wait to receive this email from KCC or just start the process by paying the DV administrative fee and after that send my AOS package because my case number has been already release in the visa bulletin???

Thank you for your help
Amanda G.

My case number is 2016SA000003XX. I sent my DS260 form May 15th requesting to have my interview in my home country, Venezuela.

Right now I’m in USA with my F1 visa for a master degree program. I asked the KCC to unlock my DS260 form (August 18th) to change my principal address and put the USA address I’m currently living and also I asked them to have the interview here.

“Based on the information you have provided, your interview location has been changed from Caracas to adjustment of status. The new interview location will not appear on your DS-260, but will be used by KCC for scheduling purposes. When we have scheduled your interview, you will be required to log into the Entrant Status Check (ESC) to view your appointment notification. At that time, please verify that your appointment is scheduled for the correct post. If for any reason it is not, you may contact KCC again at KCCDV@state.gov.”

I know that my case number is short and that I should already have receive my 2NL but I haven’t.
Today reading many websites I got confuse if I need to wait to receive this email from KCC or just start the process by paying the DV administrative fee and after that send my AOS package because my case number has been already release in the visa bulletin???

Thank you for your help
Amanda G.
This might be the reason, why we didnt get the 2NL. They might have changed the method for 2016 to avoid huge backlog of AOS cases due to not sending KCC file in time.

Thank you for your help
Amanda G.

As far as we know, no 2016 AOSer has received a 2NL to date. Not having the 2NL is not a show spoiler, if your number is current, you do not need to wait for it, you can begin the AOS process on your own.

This might be the reason, why we didnt get the 2NL. They might have changed the method for 2016 to avoid huge backlog of AOS cases due to not sending KCC file in time.

The email KCC sent to @ASGA is more or less a generic response sent to people requesting an interview venue change. Yes, the email acknowledges the fact that the interview location has been changed from Caracas to adjustment of status (as a standard response, an actual location would have been used in place of adjustment of status for those processing CP). Whoever sent the response was too lazy to compose an appropriate AOS related response.

We know for a fact KCC does not schedule AOS interview, nor do they email AOSers to check the ESC site for interview location like the email further goes to state. It also talks about verifying and confirming appointment has been scheduled for the correct 'post' - 'post' in immigration terms only refers to embassies, not FOs where AOS interviews take place.

Hi
My home address has changed about 3 weeks ago and as I'm student in a different city from where my husband (principle) is living now I need to change the address I've provided in DS-260. I'm just afraid if the fact that I'm not living with my husband in the same house causes any trouble for our case. What do you think?

Hi
My home address has changed about 3 weeks ago and as I'm student in a different city from where my husband (principle) is living now I need to change the address I've provided in DS-260. I'm just afraid if the fact that I'm not living with my husband in the same house causes any trouble for our case. What do you think?

Are you processing AOS?