• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

Many of the forms ask for an Alien Registration Number - I just want to be sure we don't have this yet so we should just be leaving this blank, correct?

Many of the forms ask for an Alien Registration Number - I just want to be sure we don't have this yet so we should just be leaving this blank, correct?

You wouldn't have an A# if you've never applied for any kind of benefits in the past from USCIS, so you can leave the section blank.

You wouldn't have an A# if you've never applied for any kind of benefits in the past from USCIS, so you can leave the section blank.
Mom, I have applied for OPT before (my undergrad) and I remember seeing an A# there. Would that be applicable?

Hello MOM,
My wife's case no is 33xx(Nepal). I and my wife had submited the online DS 260 in mid August. I wonder if that was too late! Also we both hold F1 status, and currently I am in OPT. In DS 260 there is a section where we have to fill the A number, since I have EAD card I kept the USCIS number there(I found in the USCIS page that USCIS number depicts the A number)
I just want to make sure from you if that was true. Do I consider to be student since I graduated from college? As in primary occupation question... I put student reason I am still searching for a job. Do I need to put unemployed? My last question can we go a head and send $330/each even we haven't received any letter from KCC. Thanks

Hello MOM,
My wife's case no is 33xx(Nepal). I and my wife had submited the online DS 260 in mid August. I wonder if that was too late! Also we both hold F1 status, and currently I am in OPT. In DS 260 there is a section where we have to fill the A number, since I have EAD card I kept the USCIS number there(I found in the USCIS page that USCIS number depicts the A number)
I just want to make sure from you if that was true. Do I consider to be student since I graduated from college? As in primary occupation question... I put student reason I am still searching for a job. Do I need to put unemployed? My last question can we go a head and send $330/each even we haven't received any letter from KCC. Thanks

Your DS form submission is not too late. Yes, that's your A#, they may still issue a new A# following the submission of your AOS package (though they really shouldn't), nothing to worry about. No problem with stating your occupation as student.

Regarding the 2NL, no DV2016 AOSer has received that yet, AFAIK. Those current or about to have simply used their initiative and gone head to make the payment.

Please spend some time going over the AOS spreadsheet, if you haven't already, to familiarize yourself with the process.

Your DS form submission is not too late. Yes, that's your A#, they may still issue a new A# following the submission of your AOS package (though they really shouldn't), nothing to worry about. No problem with stating your occupation as student.

Regarding the 2NL, no DV2016 AOSer has received that yet, AFAIK. Those current or about to have simply used their initiative and gone head to make the payment.

Please spend some time going over the AOS spreadsheet, if you haven't already, to familiarize yourself with the process.
Thank you mom.

Hi Mom, sorry one more question about visa number.
When I filled DS-260, I put my visa number as "Do not know" since I didn't know my visa number is on visa written by red. And yesterday I filled I-485, then I found out my visa number. So basically I put me and my husband's visa number on I-485 but I put "Do not know" on DS-260. Is this big problem? should I unlock DS-260 form and do it again? Or I just have to tell them on the day at the interview?
If I have to unlock DS-260, I wonder if it's too late because our number is current on October so I'm afraid of delay.
I will much appreciate if you answer it mom, thanks!

Hi Mom, sorry one more question about visa number.
When I filled DS-260, I put my visa number as "Do not know" since I didn't know my visa number is on visa written by red. And yesterday I filled I-485, then I found out my visa number. So basically I put me and my husband's visa number on I-485 but I put "Do not know" on DS-260. Is this big problem? should I unlock DS-260 form and do it again? Or I just have to tell them on the day at the interview?
If I have to unlock DS-260, I wonder if it's too late because our number is current on October so I'm afraid of delay.
I will much appreciate if you answer it mom, thanks!

Not a big deal, you can leave the DS form as is. It matters more that the correct information is on your I-485.

I'm so sorry your initial post got overlooked.

One check is fine, but I would suggest using 2 separate checks. The advantage of using separate checks is in case one of the packages is rejected (for whatever reason). As long as the rejected package isn't that of the PA, USCIS will continue processing the accepted on and when the rejected one gets resubmitted, it will simply get forwarded to meet the accepted one. With a single check, all the petitions will be returned if there's an issue with any one.
Mom,

- What should we write on the check as "Pay to the order of: "?
- What information we need to write on the check? Case number or...?
- As you suggested, if we pay with 2 separate checks, should we mention which one is for which package?

Thanks!

I'm still confused. My wife got EAD card as L2 visa holder (spouse of L1 can get EADs). Does it mean that she has the Alien Registration Number?
on USCIS they say that: "A unique seven-, eight- or nine-digit number assigned to a noncitizen at the time his or her A-file is created. The 9-digit U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services number listed on the front of Permanent Resident Cards (Form I-551) issued after May 10, 2010, is the same as the Alien Registration Number. The A-number can also be found on the back of these Permanent Resident Cards."
I consider it that my wife even having EAD as L2 visa holder doesn't have Alien Reg Number. Is it correct?

Thanks.

I'm still confused. My wife got EAD card as L2 visa holder (spouse of L1 can get EADs). Does it mean that she has the Alien Registration Number?
on USCIS they say that: "A unique seven-, eight- or nine-digit number assigned to a noncitizen at the time his or her A-file is created. The 9-digit U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services number listed on the front of Permanent Resident Cards (Form I-551) issued after May 10, 2010, is the same as the Alien Registration Number. The A-number can also be found on the back of these Permanent Resident Cards."
I consider it that my wife even having EAD as L2 visa holder doesn't have Alien Reg Number. Is it correct?

Thanks.

If your wife has an EAD card, the A# should be listed on the card (as shown below). You however shouldn't sweat it if you can't figure it out:

EvHelpANumberEAD.jpg

You however shouldn't sweat it if you can't figure it out:
You mean, that I can leave her DS260 saying that she doesn't have the number. But bring the EAD on the interview and include a copy of it in AOS package?
And what about the same field on I485? I need to enter the number from the card, right?
Thanks.

You mean, that I can leave her DS260 saying that she doesn't have the number. But bring the EAD on the interview and include a copy of it in AOS package?
And what about the same field on I485? I need to enter the number from the card, right?
Thanks.

I'm not sure if the DS-260 requests the A#, if it does and you left the section blank/or selected 'I don't Know', again that's not going to be an issue.

You should include the A# on the I-485 and any other form you will be submitting with the package that requires the A#. And yes, include a copy of the EAD with the AOS package.

It might be a stupid question, but in the picture there are 2 photos attached to each form. In the spreadsheet it says we need only two photos.

Follow the instructions on each of the form you're sending in with your package regarding the number of required photos. Again, the spreadsheet and any other information we provide here is merely to guide, follow the instructions on your forms.

Follow the instructions on each of the form you're sending in with your package regarding the number of required photos. Again, the spreadsheet and any other information we provide here is merely to guide, follow the instructions on your forms.
Thanks! Just to confirm, I'm filling only I-485, G-325A, I-693 and G-1145, so I think I need just two photos for I-485 form, is this correct?