• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

Yes we are. my husband lives in NJ and I live in Pennsylvania. When school started I had to rent a place in Philly and now we are not living in the same place.

Okay. So when school is not in session, where do you stay? Where do you both consider as your family/primary residence? Where you guys married and living together prior to the DV selection?

Okay. So when school is not in session, where do you stay? Where do you both consider as your family/primary residence? Where you guys married and living together prior to the DV selection?

We used to live in Philadelphia and the month he had been selected in green card lottery he found a job in NJ and we moved there. We lived there for 4 months together and then I moved back to Philly to continue my study. Our home is in NJ but my billing address is Philly now and I'm here all week except for weekends. When we filled DS-260 it was couple of days that we were in our new place in NJ and we provided our new address but I don't know what to do now because I'm going to live here in philly for the next 9 months. In addition it's 6 months that we are married.

We used to live in Philadelphia and the month he had been selected in green card lottery he found a job in NJ and we moved there. We lived there for 4 months together and then I moved back to Philly to continue my study. Our home is in NJ but my billing address is Philly now and I'm here all week except for weekends. When we filled DS-260 it was couple of days that we were in our new place in NJ and we provided our new address but I don't know what to do now because I'm going to live here in philly for the next 9 months. In addition it's 6 months that we are married.

The reason I'm asking all these questions is to help better guide you. Don't stress the address on the DS-260 form. The most important thing going forward is the address you both list on your I-485 as your home address. You both need to make sure you list the same address as your main/primary address. If you don't use the same primary address your cases will get separated, one person will end up in NJ while the other attends their interview in Philly. I don't think you want that complication.

Hi everyone,

I completed DS 260 in May and have been waiting for the confirmation email of the intention to do AOS, should I keep waiting or just go ahead and send $330??

My Case Number is EU 10XXX.

Last edited:
The reason I'm asking all these questions is to help better guide you. Don't stress the address on the DS-260 form. The most important thing going forward is the address you both list on your I-485 as your home address. You both need to make sure you list the same address as your main/primary address. If you don't use the same primary address your cases will get separated, one person will end up in NJ while the other attends their interview in Philly. I don't think you want that complication.

Oh I didn't know that! So you suggest me to provide same address as my husband in I-485. I hope it won't cause any problem later. Obviously I don't drive 4 hours back and fort every day to school and I had to rent a place near my school. What if I change my banking address to my husband's house? Would it make the situation better?

Oh I didn't know that! So you suggest me to provide same address as my husband in I-485. I hope it won't cause any problem later. Obviously I don't drive 4 hours back and fort every day to school and I had to rent a place near my school. What if I change my banking address to my husband's house? Would it make the situation better?

I wouldn't be here publicly recommending that if it will cause an issue. If you wish to interview with your husband at the same time by the same FO, both of your addresses MUST match. The processing FO is determined by the address listed on the I-485. Yes, you obviously don't drive 4 hours back and forth each day for schooling, the assumption however is as a married couple, you guys must have a primary base you call 'home'.

You will have the opportunity of listing your own address as "other places/address lived at on your form G-325. Anyway spend some time going over the AOS 2015 Thread, look for posts by @Xenon_writer who was in the same situation as you to see what they went through with their separate addresses. And there are also posts of others who did like I suggested also on the Thread too - spend some time going over it.

Hey Mom.

I have couple question.

My first question is;
I filled DS-260 in May. My current visa E-2. I'm working my own half Pizza Restaurant. Do i need Affidavit of Support? If so how much money is required. Me my wife and my US Citizen daughter.

Second one ;
I am still waiting e-2 visa but my case number 2016eu9*** will be current on November. But my current visa until 10/31/15. So i starting extension operation with a lawyer. Do i have to wait for the extension to be completed before i send in AOS Package to the USCIS.

Thanks for your help.

Best Wishes...

Hey Mom.

I have couple question.

My first question is;
I filled DS-260 in May. My current visa E-2. I'm working my own half Pizza Restaurant. Do i need Affidavit of Support? If so how much money is required. Me my wife and my US Citizen daughter.

Second one ;
I am still waiting e-2 visa but my case number 2016eu9*** will be current on November. But my current visa until 10/31/15. So i starting extension operation with a lawyer. Do i have to wait for the extension to be completed before i send in AOS Package to the USCIS.

Thanks for your help.

Best Wishes...

Whether or not you need an affidavit of support largely depends on your annual income. If you're able to show an annual income of about $25,000 then you should be fine.

If you've already filed your E2 visa extension, then you don't need to wait for it to be approved. The most important thing is to have the NOA receipt for the E2 extension from USCIS before your current status expires and you can submit your AOS package.

Hey Mom

My wife came here with me on a I94 number and went back to visit my country and returned again.
When I checked online to find the second I 94 only the first one is listed. I have a copy of the small card which shows the number, Will that be okay for the AOS package ?

Thanks for all your help...

Hey Mom

My wife came here with me on a I94 number and went back to visit my country and returned again.
When I checked online to find the second I 94 only the first one is listed. I have a copy of the small card which shows the number, Will that be okay for the AOS package ?

Thanks for all your help...

Just send whatever you have. If asked about last entry into the U.S. during your interview, you verbally give them the correct date.

Dear Mom,

I need your wise advise on filing i485:
1. On page 3 question 2 "Have you ever received public assitance in US from any source, including the US Gov., any state, city... or are you likely to receive public assistance in the future"
My wife received a CHIP perinatal from Texas state and WIC when she was pregnant. In this case, she should tick "yes", am I right? But she is unlikely to receive public assistance in the future. I don't know if this question will affect the chance of getting green card.

2. I wonder if we could bring our infant during interview? We do not have any plan to put our baby to day care and we don't have a caretaker/baby sitter.

As always, you are always helpful. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Dear Mom,

I need your wise advise on filing i485:
1. On page 3 question 2 "Have you ever received public assitance in US from any source, including the US Gov., any state, city... or are you likely to receive public assistance in the future"
My wife received a CHIP perinatal from Texas state and WIC when she was pregnant. In this case, she should tick "yes", am I right? But she is unlikely to receive public assistance in the future. I don't know if this question will affect the chance of getting green card.

2. I wonder if we could bring our infant during interview? We do not have any plan to put our baby to day care and we don't have a caretaker/baby sitter.

As always, you are always helpful. Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

1. Tick Yes and explain the type of assistance received. CHIP and WIC assistance are acceptable for AOS.

2. Yes you can, shouldn't be an issue.

HI. There is a form named I-131 and it's an optional form. Who has to submit this form? What happens if I don't?
Another question: Instruction says "File Form I-765 with a copy of the receipt notice or other evidence that your form I-485, Application for Permanent Residence or Adjust Status; a copy of your receipt notice, or a evidence that the Form I-485 is pending. When I'm going to send my AOS package, I don't have any of these. What do I have to do? Do I need to include it in my AOS package anyway?
Thanks

HI. There is a form named I-131 and it's an optional form. Who has to submit this form? What happens if I don't?
Another question: Instruction says "File Form I-765 with a copy of the receipt notice or other evidence that your form I-485, Application for Permanent Residence or Adjust Status; a copy of your receipt notice, or a evidence that the Form I-485 is pending. When I'm going to send my AOS package, I don't have any of these. What do I have to do? Do I need to include it in my AOS package anyway?
Thanks

The rest of that instruction you've quoted also says "You may file form I-765 together with your form I-485" which effectively addresses the question you're asking above. The need to include the stated documents above/receipt notice is for those filing the I-485 separately from the I-765.

Form I-131 is filed by those wishing to apply for an Advanced Parole card - the card enables someone with a pending AOS petition to be admitted back into the US if the person travels out after submitting their I-485 and the AOS petition will not be considered abandoned.

Spend some time going over the AOS spreadsheet, if you haven't already, to get a better understanding of the AOS process. The link to the spreadsheet is on the first post on page 1 of this Thread.

I mailed $330 DV fee and looks like it got there on last Thursday. Spreadsheet says it may takes 2-4 weeks, so I'm still waiting. Does it still take 2-4 weeks?
And I just want to make sure will I get receipt via email? Or they mail it to our address? Thank you!

I mailed $330 DV fee and looks like it got there on last Thursday. Spreadsheet says it may takes 2-4 weeks, so I'm still waiting. Does it still take 2-4 weeks?
And I just want to make sure will I get receipt via email? Or they mail it to our address? Thank you!

Did you read the instruction about including a self addressed stamped envelope on the payment receipt? Did you include it with your payment?

Did you read the instruction about including a self addressed stamped envelope on the payment receipt? Did you include it with your payment?

Oh my god. How stupid I am... I didn't... I read that but I don't know why I forgot... Maybe I didn't read it carefully... Should I call them and should I mail them my envelop? Or I'm over? I can't get receipt anymore?

Oh my god. How stupid I am... I didn't... I read that but I don't know why I forgot... Maybe I didn't read it carefully... Should I call them and should I mail them my envelop? Or I'm over? I can't get receipt anymore?

No, it's not over, and no, don't mail out the envelope separately now. Email KCC, it will probably take a while, they will however eventually email the receipt to you in this case.