• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

Thanks for replying. I knew about the $330 fee from the instructions on the dvselectee.state.gov, I paid the fee as soon as I won and received the receipt in the mail. The relevant paragraph is here travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/diversity-visa/instructions-for-selectees/adjustment.html:

"If USCIS determines that you are eligible to adjust status you will be required to pay a non-refundable diversity visa fee directly to the Department of State. This fee is assessed to cover the cost incurred by the Department in running the DV Program and is separate from any fees you will need to pay USCIS as part of your adjustment application. You must pay the diversity visa fee for yourself and for each member of your immediate family who plans to adjust status with you in the United States. You must complete payment of the Diversity Visa fee before processing your case can continue. Follow the instructions on the Adjustment of status fee payment webpage. Bring the receipt that is mailed back to you to your interview at USCIS. Please include your DV case number on your cashier’s check or postal money order. The address on the receipt form should be used only for fee payment."

The fee is also mentioned on this checklist from the USCIS website - of items to attach to the I-485 uscis.gov/green-card/other-ways-get-green-card/green-card-through-diversity-immigration-visa-program/green-card-through-diversity-immigrant-visa-program

Now that I found out about the DS-260, I'll submit it today. Do I need to wait for some kind of a response before I submit my AOS? Or can I submit it regardless of the DS-260 response? How long does a response to DS-260 usually take?

Thank you

I see. It's usually a good idea to include the 2NL (the response from KCC confirming their awareness of your intention to process AOS) with the AOS package, some IOs have been reported to have requested to see this during the interview. It used to take between 2 weeks to 2 months to get the 2NL. However it seems to be taking a bit longer now, I haven't heard of any DV2016 selectee processing AOS that has heard back to date.

Hello,

As Mom suggested before, using this link: http://travel.state.gov/content/vis...nstructions-for-selectees/adjustment-fee.html
I finally sent my DS-260 fee on July 17 and I received the payment confirmation on July 25. I used priority mail (2 days shipping) and also included a prepaid envelope. It was very fast. I just wanted to update you regarding the process. By the way I added these dates as a NOTE in your DV 2016 AOS timeline excel sheet . As there is no specific column for DS-260 fee sent/receipt date, I added these dates under my name as a note. That way I can keep track of everything.

FYI, I still haven't received any notification regarding online payment or email for 2NL. It really takes long. When I called KCC, I asked about DS-260 payment. I was told there is no such fee but there is a fee for Adjustment of Status (AOS) which is $330. Well, this is the Diversity Lottery Visa Fee (DS-260). Regarding rest of the forms and fees, I was told to communicate with USCIS.

I was told that my number will be on the October bulletin that will come out next week or so. I was also told that after August 15th, I can start processing my papers.

So far, I have read several books (online and hard copies) and checked many forums. I called people in KCC for several times and I talked to several lawyers. I even communicated with the governor/senator. I should admit that, the most correct information you can find so far is given in this forum. The AOS package (excel sheet) is the best and the simliest of all that you can find and it is FREE. First of all, these people speak with the experience and have been helping many people for so long.

Thank you again very much for all your help...

Last edited:
Hello,

As Mom suggested before, using this link: http://travel.state.gov/content/vis...nstructions-for-selectees/adjustment-fee.html
I finally sent my DS-260 fee on July 17 and I received the payment confirmation on July 25. I used priority mail (2 days shipping) and also included a prepaid envelope. It was very fast. I just wanted to update you regarding the process. By the way I added these dates as a NOTE in your DV 2016 AOS timeline excel sheet . As there is no specific column for DS-260 fee sent/receipt date, I added these dates under my name as a note. That way I can keep track of everything.

FYI, I still haven't received any notification regarding online payment or email for 2NL. It really takes long. When I called KCC, I asked about DS-260 payment. I was told there is no such fee but there is a fee for Adjustment of Status (AOS) which is $330. Well, this is the Diversity Lottery Visa Fee (DS-260). Regarding rest of the forms and fees, I was told to communicate with USCIS.

I was told that my number will be on the October bulletin that will come out next week or so. I was also told that after August 15th, I can start processing my papers.

So far, I have read several books (online and hard copies) and checked many forums. I called people in KCC for several times and I talked to several lawyers. I even communicated with the governor/senator. I should admit that, the most correct information you can find so far is given in this forum. The AOS package (excel sheet) is the best and the simliest of all that you can find and it is FREE. First of all, these people speak with the experience and have been helping many people for so long.

Thank you again very much for all your help...

Indeed, there's no such thing as DS-260 fee payment, the response from KCC is correct. You are the one mixing up terms. The $330 fee is the DV administrative fee (or adjustment of status fee as noted on the pay,net form, although that isn't the actual AOS fee itself). DS-260 is a form, and there's no fee associated with submitting that form. Also, there's no online payment involved with the process, so I'm not sure which online payment notification you're expecting.

p.s. Thanks for endorsing the information here after comparing it to the other numerous sources you've been in contact with.

I just submitted the DS-260 and I'm worried that I did something wrong.

I was born in Belarus, but don't have a citizenship there anymore. I was selected for the DV2016 based on the foreign state chargeability of Belarus and I have the birth certificate from there. When I was filling in the DS-260, I was asked for "Country/Region of Birth" and answered Belarus. Then I was asked for "Country/Region of origin (Nationality)" and I put my current country where I have citizenship in. Under "Other Country/Region of Origin (Nationality)" I put Belarus as well.

But then after submitting the form, on the confirmation page it only says "Country/Region of origin (Nationality)" with my current country of citizenship, instead of my birth place Belarus.

Should I be worried that it doesn't say Belarus anywhere on the confirmation page? Is there anything I can and should do to fix this? I will submit my birth certificate from Belarus with my adjustment of status so I think it will be ok but I'm a little worried now that it doesn't say Belarus on the confirmation page.

Thanks for the help.

I just submitted the DS-260 and I'm worried that I did something wrong.

I was born in Belarus, but don't have a citizenship there anymore. I was selected for the DV2016 based on the foreign state chargeability of Belarus and I have the birth certificate from there. When I was filling in the DS-260, I was asked for "Country/Region of Birth" and answered Belarus. Then I was asked for "Country/Region of origin (Nationality)" and I put my current country where I have citizenship in. Under "Other Country/Region of Origin (Nationality)" I put Belarus as well.

But then after submitting the form, on the confirmation page it only says "Country/Region of origin (Nationality)" with my current country of citizenship, instead of my birth place Belarus.

Should I be worried that it doesn't say Belarus anywhere on the confirmation page? Is there anything I can and should do to fix this? I will submit my birth certificate from Belarus with my adjustment of status so I think it will be ok but I'm a little worried now that it doesn't say Belarus on the confirmation page.

Thanks for the help.

No need to be worried, you answered the questions correctly.

I just called the South African Embassy and they say an unabridged certificate can take up to 6 months. They also say, they normally give out a letter that states the applicants has applied for an unabridged certificate and they're still waiting for it and so far that letter is been acceptable at USCIS. Have you ever heard of that?
Mom and Sussie
I call my friend that is working at DHA in Port Elizabeth, S.A. Firstly, she said unabridged certificate takes 2-6 weeks is no longer taking that long. Secondly, she said it's better if I send my family to do it for me in S.A because it will be quicker than the embassy. I'm gonna do it Friday and let's wait and see.

Indeed, there's no such thing as DS-260 fee payment, the response from KCC is correct. You are the one mixing up terms. The $330 fee is the DV administrative fee (or adjustment of status fee as noted on the pay,net form, although that isn't the actual AOS fee itself). DS-260 is a form, and there's no fee associated with submitting that form. Also, there's no online payment involved with the process, so I'm not sure which online payment notification you're expecting.

p.s. Thanks for endorsing the information here after comparing it to the other numerous sources you've been in contact with.

Hello Mom, thank you for your kind message. As we usually submit the form and pay the fee and so on, I called this fee as DS-260 fee. I think it is called as Immigrant Diversity Visa Surcharge Fee. On the travel.state.gov website it is called Diversity Visa Lottery fee and Adjustment of Status (AOS) fee. Please correct me if I am wrong. That was confusing before. After reading everything I now know what it is called (I hope). I didn't mean to confuse you or others.

Regarding online payment: As we get the 2NL we also receive Invoice Identification Number, and with that and the case number, I thought we could make payments online. Maybe that was for another thing that I didn't know about. Maybe it is for the Affidavit of Support fee (AOS). Any how, I am learning new things every day. I appreciate very much your patience and kind help.

Thanks again.

Hello Mom, thank you for your kind message. As we usually submit the form and pay the fee and so on, I called this fee as DS-260 fee. I think it is called as Immigrant Diversity Visa Surcharge Fee. On the travel.state.gov website it is called Diversity Visa Lottery fee and Adjustment of Status (AOS) fee. Please correct me if I am wrong. That was confusing before. After reading everything I now know what it is called (I hope). I didn't mean to confuse you or others.

Regarding online payment: As we get the 2NL we also receive Invoice Identification Number, and with that and the case number, I thought we could make payments online. Maybe that was for another thing that I didn't know about. Maybe it is for the Affidavit of Support fee (AOS). Any how, I am learning new things every day. I appreciate very much your patience and kind help.

Thanks again.

1. To make life easier for everyone lets simply refer to the $330 as the DV administrative fee.

2. Not sure where you came about the information about receiving the 2NL with some Invoice ID Number and some case number. And there's no such thing as making an online payment for filing an affidavit of support either. I honestly would suggest you back off from all the other sources you've been getting information from as the things you're talking about are not applicable to the DV based AOS process.

Hello Mom,

Thank you for your kind response.

As I also said earlier, I really didn't mean the confuse you or anyone. One of the places that I received information from is travel.state.gov such as this link: http://travel.state.gov/content/vis...cess/documents/fees/nvc-fee-payment-faqs.html
This may not even be related to DV Lottery cases, I am not really sure. Regarding online Fee payment: It may not even be related to our case. As far as I know, we don't pay Affidavit of Support Fee (I learned this from your AOS package).

There is also a Fee section though as we sign in ceac.state.gov There are 3 sections (as we see on the attached picture) : Choice of Address and Agent, Fee and IV Application (DS-260). I only used DS-260 . Fee section isn't available to click. I attached a picture here. That was the fee what I meant. Again, I am sorry if I confused any one. I am not doing anything different than your AOS package. Yet, I am still learning. Anything you say is another information that I add to my mind book.

Thank you.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-08-05 at 20.46.42.png
    Screen Shot 2015-08-05 at 20.46.42.png
    231.8 KB · Views: 21
As I also said earlier, I really didn't mean the confuse you or anyone. One of the places that I received information from is travel.state.gov such as this link: http://travel.state.gov/content/vis...cess/documents/fees/nvc-fee-payment-faqs.html
This may not even be related to DV Lottery cases, I am not really sure.

Indeed, NVC has nothing to do with DV. DV cases are handled by KCC.

As for your screenshot, it clearly shows the "fee" as "N/A"....because there is no DS260 fee...

Hello Mom,

Thank you for your kind response.

This may not even be related to DV Lottery cases, I am not really sure. Regarding online Fee payment: It may not even be related to our case. As far as I know, we don't pay Affidavit of Support Fee (I learned this from your AOS package).

There is also a Fee section though as we sign in ceac.state.gov There are 3 sections (as we see on the attached picture) : Choice of Address and Agent, Fee and IV Application (DS-260). I only used DS-260 . Fee section isn't available to click. I attached a picture here. That was the fee what I meant. Again, I am sorry if I confused any one. I am not doing anything different than your AOS package. Yet, I am still learning. Anything you say is another information that I add to my mind book.

Thank you.

I truly believe you had/have no intention of misleading anyone. My concern really was more or less about you as I didn't want you to jeopardize your case with information that's not quite DV related, hence my attempt at addressing your postings one by one. I'm glad to know things are getting clearer for you now.

I truly believe you had/have no intention of misleading anyone. My concern really was more or less about you as I didn't want you to jeopardize your case with information that's not quite DV related, hence my attempt at addressing your postings one by one. I'm glad to know things are getting clearer for you now.

I appreciate it very much. You are very kind. I have followed your suggestions so far and I wouldn't do anything unless I am very sure about. All I have done, until now, is complete the DS-260 and pay the $330 DV administrative fee using the form at this link: http://travel.state.gov/content/vis...nstructions-for-selectees/adjustment-fee.html
I entered my info and printed it out, mailed it to them with a cashier check that I received from my bank. I added my Case number on the check by the way as you suggested previously.
They mailed that paper back to me with a stamp on it, "PAID", also with a date and by ... I hope that is correct.
Next step, I think, is to schedule my medical exam (possibly after I see my number next week or so) and prepare my AOS package according to your excel sheet. I hope all will work out well. If I am not sure about something, I will ask here. You are very helpful. Thank you so much...

Hi Everyone!

Should I pay $330 DV administrative fee for principal applicant only? or should I pay it for per person in the DV application? Thanks.

I appreciate it very much. You are very kind. I have followed your suggestions so far and I wouldn't do anything unless I am very sure about. All I have done, until now, is complete the DS-260 and pay the $330 DV administrative fee using the form at this link: http://travel.state.gov/content/vis...nstructions-for-selectees/adjustment-fee.html
I entered my info and printed it out, mailed it to them with a cashier check that I received from my bank. I added my Case number on the check by the way as you suggested previously.
They mailed that paper back to me with a stamp on it, "PAID", also with a date and by ... I hope that is correct.
Next step, I think, is to schedule my medical exam (possibly after I see my number next week or so) and prepare my AOS package according to your excel sheet. I hope all will work out well. If I am not sure about something, I will ask here. You are very helpful. Thank you so much...

The steps you've taken so far are correct, what you got back is indeed the payment receipt.

If your number is indeed low enough such that its likely to become current in October, I suppose you can go ahead and get your medical exam done now. Of course, nothing wrong with waiting for the VB to be released (which could happen in the next couple of days) just like you already planned before doing the medical exam also.