• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

And the post after that from mom reminded me this was an AOS thread not a CP one, which is what I was referring to....

Ah, sorry, missed that one. OK then, so I guess that brings me back to my initial questions...

1. My number just became current for October. I am still yet to receive my 2NL - should I be worried? I want to get my medical exam booked in - should I be waiting to receive my 2NL or go ahead and get it done anyway?

2. Also, just to confirm, we should not be mailing anything to the Chicago Lockbox until October 2016, correct? Any thing earlier and we take the risk of them not accepting it.

So my number just became current for October. I am still yet to receive my 2NL - should I be worried? I want to get my medical exam booked in - should I be waiting to receive my 2NL or go ahead and get it done?

Also, just to confirm, we should not be mailing anything to the Chicago Lockbox until October 2016, correct? Any thing earlier and we take the risk of them not accepting it.

Actually, I just read this old response from SuzieQQQ:

"Start gathering paperwork if you expect an early interviews, but the 2NLs won't go out until 1-2 weeks after the visa bulletin showing your number to be current has been published. For October interviews, this will be the bulletin published around 10 August.
Don't do the medical until you have your interview date though - most doctors won't do them without the 2NL anyway."

This made me feel a little better... so now that October numbers are published, we should be expecting the 2NL via email, correct?

And based on that response, does the 2NL provide us with an interview date?

You are mixing CP information (the statement from Susie) with your AoS case....

Ah, sorry, missed that one. OK then, so I guess that brings me back to my initial questions...

1. My number just became current for October. I am still yet to receive my 2NL - should I be worried? I want to get my medical exam booked in - should I be waiting to receive my 2NL or go ahead and get it done anyway?

2. Also, just to confirm, we should not be mailing anything to the Chicago Lockbox until October 2016, correct? Any thing earlier and we take the risk of them not accepting it.

I realized that - my apologies. That still leaves me with my two questions though.

I thought I answered your questions back in July, well the first one at least?

It's been two months now since I submit my DS260 and I still have not received a 2NL back via email - should I be worried? My case number should become current in the first batch (OCxxxx1xx) - should I go ahead and start gathering all my paperwork and have my medical, or should I wait for my 2NL before I invest time and $ into this? Thank you!

- No need to be worried.
- You don't need the 2NL to start the background process. With such a low CN, no reason to delay on gathering the required paper work.

- You don't need the 2NL to book or get the medical exam done.

- It's your call whether or not to take advantage of the early filing memo.

Hello, I had my medical exam on Monday. Doctor didn't ask anything about 2NL; he just examined me and checked my vaccination history/document, and drew my blood to do some tests. I am expecting to be called today so they will let me know whether I need any shots. Then they will complete my paperwork.

Also my number is up now on the visa bulletin. I still haven't received 2NL. Maybe that will be sent sometime this month. I hope...

Mom,

I am still following your wonderful explanations here. I have not yet received the 2NL like is the case for most 2016 AOS. But I read on the forum here, it is like we have to contact KCC if we expect to receive a 2NL from them. Is this the correct position? The only thing I have done so far is to fill and send DS 260. I have not yet paid DV administrative fee as my number is low expected to be in visa bulletin in Apr or June next year. Do I have to pay DV fee now? Getting a bit confused and will review the spreadsheet also one more time.

Thank you,

New bulletin posted - October 2016 eligibility:

AFRICA 9,100
Except:
Egypt: 8,000
Ethiopia: 8,000

ASIA 2,800
Except:
Nepal: 2,400

EUROPE 9,150
NORTH AMERICA (BAHAMAS) 2
OCEANIA 275
SOUTH AMERICA,
and the CARIBBEAN 475
bludragon
Thanks for the bulletin. I wanted to make an estimate. It looks like I'll be current in November. Thanks again.

Susie
And the post after that from mom reminded me this was an AOS thread not a CP one, which is what I was referring to....
SusieQQQ
I did the unabridged certificate in S.A. They say it'll take 2-8 weeks, They'll send my sister an sms when it's there.

Mom,

I am still following your wonderful explanations here. I have not yet received the 2NL like is the case for most 2016 AOS. But I read on the forum here, it is like we have to contact KCC if we expect to receive a 2NL from them. Is this the correct position? The only thing I have done so far is to fill and send DS 260. I have not yet paid DV administrative fee as my number is low expected to be in visa bulletin in Apr or June next year. Do I have to pay DV fee now? Getting a bit confused and will review the spreadsheet also one more time.

Thank you,

No, you did not read from this forum that people needed to contact KCC in order to get their 2NL. You're probably confusing what you've read on the 2015 Thread about people contacting KCC to get their case files sent to their FOs. 2NLs and KCC case files are different issues.

If your number is expected to become current Apr - June, I wouldn't call that low, that is mid-range.

Do spend some time reviewing the AOS spreadsheet as planned, it should clear up whatever confusion you're having.

Hi,
I am the winner of DV-2016 with case number AS0006xxx. I am currently in US with F-1 visa. Because of work pressure I can not live US for purpose of interview. Therefore, I am going to apply for adjustment of status inside US (using form I-485 ).
My question is that is there any deference between a somebody who do interview in US embassy and a person who apply for adjustment of status in US?
I hear that adjustment of status is more difficult (I don't know why). Is there any anybody be aware of the adjustment of status proc?

Hi,
I am the winner of DV-2016 with case number AS0006xxx. I am currently in US with F-1 visa. Because of work pressure I can not live US for purpose of interview. Therefore, I am going to apply for adjustment of status inside US (using form I-485 ).
My question is that is there any deference between a somebody who do interview in US embassy and a person who apply for adjustment of status in US?
I hear that adjustment of status is more difficult (I don't know why). Is there any anybody be aware of the adjustment of status proc?

The answers to your questions can be found on the AOS spreadsheet:

https://goo.gl/Tm5Ncp

Hm, you should talk to some of our friends on other threads ;)
SusieQQQ
I tried SAUSA thread and I didn't get anything. I said to myself my faith in God always works for me why must I abandon it now?only because of unabridged certificate. NO! I believe is gonna be here in 8 weeks.

Well who am I to argue with your faith...just,if 8 weeks go by and no certificate, you'd be better off going after DHA than praying.

Hello my friends, hope everybody is doing great. Here is a shortlist of what I was thinking to put together for my AOS for F-1 single student in a short format. Of course not everybody has similar situation but just wanted to double check with you all and see if anything is missing. We can make it complete and use as a shortlist reference for people with similar situation. Or can make multiple lists for different cases. any ideas suggestions?

- G-1145
- AOS fee (checks)
- Cover letter
- DV lottery selection letter
- 260 submission confirmation (no 2NL yet)
- Copy of DV administrative fee
- 2*2 photographs
- USCIS memorandum on early filing (if decided to file early)
- Related Visa Bulletin
- current and expired passports
- copy of I94
- copy of US VISA
- copy of all I20's
- Enrollment verification from school
- Highschool and university degrees (copy of original + certified translation is enough?)
- copy of SSN card
- employment letter
- Birth certificate certified translation
- Affidavit of support:
**** I-134
**** employment letter of supporter
**** w-2 and tax return documents (1 year)
**** Bank statement (is four months enough or longer periods needed?)
- My own tax returns, pay stubs, and w-2's (mine is last two years)
- I-485
- G-325A
- I-693
- I-765
- I-131

Thanks.

Hello my friends, hope everybody is doing great. Here is a shortlist of what I was thinking to put together for my AOS for F-1 single student in a short format. Of course not everybody has similar situation but just wanted to double check with you all and see if anything is missing. We can make it complete and use as a shortlist reference for people with similar situation. Or can make multiple lists for different cases. any ideas suggestions?

- G-1145
- AOS fee (checks)
- Cover letter
- DV lottery selection letter
- 260 submission confirmation (no 2NL yet)
- Copy of DV administrative fee
- 2*2 photographs
- USCIS memorandum on early filing (if decided to file early)
- Related Visa Bulletin
- current and expired passports
- copy of I94
- copy of US VISA
- copy of all I20's
- Enrollment verification from school
- Highschool and university degrees (copy of original + certified translation is enough?)
- copy of SSN card
- employment letter
- Birth certificate certified translation
- Affidavit of support:
**** I-134
**** employment letter of supporter
**** w-2 and tax return documents (1 year)
**** Bank statement (is four months enough or longer periods needed?)
- My own tax returns, pay stubs, and w-2's (mine is last two years)
- I-485
- G-325A
- I-693
- I-765
- I-131

Thanks.

You know there is already an excellent list in the spreadsheet that Mom has linked from the first post of this thread? It has worked for hundreds, perhaps thousands of AoSers - you should take a look at it.