• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

Yes, you can.
Thank you Mom
I have another question can we go ahead and fill DS 260? I'm sorry for lot of questions and when do we pay the money for adjustment of status? I mean to ask the first step, must I start with USCIS or must I start with DS 260? You'll correct me if I'm wrong, when I open my wife's page I see the letter that she won and the KCC give her a link for selectees that direct her to DS-260, the question is must she fill DS-260 first or must she start applying for AOS? Please bear with me.

Last edited:
Thank you Mom
I have another question can we go ahead and fill DS 260? I'm sorry for lot of questions and when do we pay the money for adjustment of status? I mean to ask the first step, must I start with USCIS or must I start with DS 260? You'll correct me if I'm wrong, when I open my wife's page I see the letter that she won and the KCC give her a link for selectees that direct her to DS-260, the question is must she fill DS-260 first or must she start applying for AOS? Please bear with me.

Go through the AOS spreadsheet, it's got the answer to most, if not all of your current questions.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...xHaFFtdVI4Y01oTFc3ZnZlb1E&usp=drive_web#gid=5

If you have further questions after going through the spreadsheet, feel free to post them here.

Sm1smom,

my wife is in Asia region. She filed her F2 in the beginning of January 2015 (don't remember the date). The USCIS did send her a notification that her application has been received but it is still pending up until now. It is kind of rare, typically it should be done within 2 months. And now her H4 should be on progress as well. Once we file our i-485 then it will again overlap the process. Will this be Ok?

Thank you.

Okay, so with an AS2xxx CN, you could possibly become current in Oct or Nov, and the earliest you can file your DV based AOS is Oct (1st month of the new FY). The fact that she received the NOA even if the COS petition hasn't been approved is a good one, if that gets approved by the time she submits her AOS (even after the submission), that's equally good. It's only if it gets denied that there may be problem as the time between when she graduated and when the H4 petition got submitted could be deemed as her having been out of status. So you might want to follow up with USCIS on the COS petition to start with, request to speak with a level 2 officer if you're not getting any useful response from the front line rep who will initially answer your call.

Other than what I've raised above, having multiple over lapping petition typically isn't a big deal. Once the AOS petition gets approved, all other NIV petitions in the system will be automatically denied by USCIS as they're now deemed irrelevant.

The spreadsheet is an eye opener. Before I embark on filling in DS 260, I would to know if it is possible for Valid G4 Visa holder to be able leave US and return without problems during the processing period of the Visa before Green card is issued. For example, if I am posted to work overseas during this period what are the things to know, or not to do, avoid.

Thank you again.

The spreadsheet is an eye opener. Before I embark on filling in DS 260, I would to know if it is possible for Valid G4 Visa holder to be able leave US and return without problems during the processing period of the Visa before Green card is issued. For example, if I am posted to work overseas during this period what are the things to know, or not to do, avoid.

Thank you again.

A G4 visa is not a dual intent visa, therefore if you leave the U.S. after submitting your I-485 package without having an approved AP card on hand, you would be deemed to have abandoned your AOS petition. You would need to have an approved AP card on hand before leaving if you wish to complete the process.

Go through the AOS spreadsheet, it's got the answer to most, if not all of your current questions. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...xHaFFtdVI4Y01oTFc3ZnZlb1E&usp=drive_web#gid=5 If you have further questions after going through the spreadsheet, feel free to post them here.
Thank you Mom I have another question can we go ahead and fill DS 260? I'm sorry for lot of questions and when do we pay the money for adjustment of status? I mean to ask the first step, must I start with USCIS or must I start with DS 260? You'll correct me if I'm wrong, when I open my wife's page I see the letter that she won and the KCC give her a link for selectees that direct her to DS-260, the question is must she fill DS-260 first or must she start applying for AOS? Please bear with me.
Thank you Mom I have another question can we go ahead and fill DS 260? I'm sorry for lot of questions and when do we pay the money for adjustment of status? I mean to ask the first step, must I start with USCIS or must I start with DS 260? You'll correct me if I'm wrong, when I open my wife's page I see the letter that she won and the KCC give her a link for selectees that direct her to DS-260, the question is must she fill DS-260 first or must she start applying for AOS? Please bear with me.

Mom

Thank you for the spread sheet it has answered a lot of questions for us . One more what is included in the AOS package. What we need to put together?

Okay, so with an AS2xxx CN, you could possibly become current in Oct or Nov, and the earliest you can file your DV based AOS is Oct (1st month of the new FY). The fact that she received the NOA even if the COS petition hasn't been approved is a good one, if that gets approved by the time she submits her AOS (even after the submission), that's equally good. It's only if it gets denied that there may be problem as the time between when she graduated and when the H4 petition got submitted could be deemed as her having been out of status. So you might want to follow up with USCIS on the COS petition to start with, request to speak with a level 2 officer if you're not getting any useful response from the front line rep who will initially answer your call.

Other than what I've raised above, having multiple over lapping petition typically isn't a big deal. Once the AOS petition gets approved, all other NIV petitions in the system will be automatically denied by USCIS as they're now deemed irrelevant.

Sm1smom,

thank you very much, I really appreciate your prompt reply. Happy mother's day!

Thank you again. This is tricky for me. The job I do will not permit me to wait for the PA card to be issued. I am thinking of not filing AOS with my wife, because I will most likely move to do work abroad. When out there, on what type of visa will I visit my family who are permanent resident in the US once they get GC?

Assuming you're not from Egypt or Ethiopia, that number could possibly become current anywhere between April and June, which means filing can be done between February and April.
hi mom am from Uganda with a friend who has AF55*** what can u say about his number

Thank you again. This is tricky for me. The job I do will not permit me to wait for the PA card to be issued. I am thinking of not filing AOS with my wife, because I will most likely move to do work abroad. When out there, on what type of visa will I visit my family who are permanent resident in the US once they get GC?

I suppose if you're getting posted outside of the U.S. that means you'll no longer have your G visa, so you will need a B1/B2 visa. Bear in mind, they may not be too willing to issue you with that once your family become LPR, not saying it's impossible to get but the possibility of a denial is much more higher.

One other thing, I hope your family would have submitted their AOS package and have their NOA before you get posted out. I'm assuming they're here as your derivatives which means once you get posted out, they will no longer have their G visa status. And I'm not really sure how the IO might react to that at the time of their interview.

I think you should have a chat with @Ifitis2be, she's a DV2015 winner previously on a G visa. You may also need to consult an immigration lawyer for exploratory discussions (not necessarily to file your AOS case)

Mom
When do you think we can do our interview CN 1***6. We just need to prepare for it on time.

The way you've posted your CN makes it impossible for me or anyone to hazard a guess regarding your case. You need to indicate the region and the first 2 numbers after the last zero, then X out the rest of the numbers after the second digit, so you need to post the CN like this: AS13xx or AS13xxx assuming your number is within the range of AS1300 or AS13000.