• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

1. You can simply use your school's main address (not necessarily listing all the different house address over your 4 year period) for address 1 and your home address for address 2 (doesn't have to be listed 4 times).

2. The August bulletin under the advanced notification section will actually have the current numbers for October. However for those current in October, my suggestion is to not use the 2 months early filing provision because October is the first month of the new FY and there's a high probability of the package being returned or initially accepted and the petition gets denied later on. Your observation about people having an August acceptance for an October current CN is correct, filing 2 months early is allowed, but I wouldn't encourage it for the first month of the FY.
Thanks a bunch Sm1smom!

Mom,

Thank you for your great help and taking us through this treacherous journey of DV lottery. We started filing DS 260 and it was hell. Please help clarify with the following:
1. We don't know date of birth for our parents. Is it OK to answer as such?
2. We don't remember exact date of one entry into US because old passport with stamp is not visible, so only sure about the month we entered.
3. We have social security numbers already. Spouse would like to opt out of social security tax. Is that possible?
4. Selectee already has EAD issued while on G4. What implications does it have in AOS process.
5. What forms required to fill for AOS G4 ' GC?
Thanks

Hi!

1. I submitted my DS-260 few days ago. I was wondering how long does it take to get it approved by KCC?

2. Also, my case number is AS1xxx which I believe it's a good CN according to previous visa bulletin and it should be current in Oct. You’ve already suggested not to send the package early, so what’s the best time for sending that if they call my CN in Oct?

Hi!

1. I submitted my DS-260 few days ago. I was wondering how long does it take to get it approved by KCC?

2. Also, my case number is AS1xxx which I believe it's a good CN according to previous visa bulletin and it should be current in Oct. You’ve already suggested not to send the package early, so what’s the best time for sending that if they call my CN in Oct?

1. Could take 2-3 months before you get a response from KCC. Remember, they're still processing DV2015 selectees.
2. Better to send it by courier last couple of days in September, such that it arrives first day/week of October. Whatever you do, I suggest you ensure it isn't received/delivered before Oct 1st.

Mom,

Thank you for your great help and taking us through this treacherous journey of DV lottery. We started filing DS 260 and it was hell. Please help clarify with the following:
1. We don't know date of birth for our parents. Is it OK to answer as such?
2. We don't remember exact date of one entry into US because old passport with stamp is not visible, so only sure about the month we entered.
3. We have social security numbers already. Spouse would like to opt out of social security tax. Is that possible?
4. Selectee already has EAD issued while on G4. What implications does it have in AOS process.
5. What forms required to fill for AOS G4 ' GC?
Thanks

1. Yes, it's okay
2. Enter the month
3. Social security tax is not optional
4. None, selectee continues using the EAD card for employment for as long as they're still on G4.
5. List of forms listed on the spreadsheet, you may opt out of filing the I-765 since you already have an EAD card, and the I-131 if you don't plan on traveling out during the AOS process. In addition to what's listed on the spreadsheet, you also need to submit I-566 and I-508 which I believe I've mentioned before.

Thanks you are making life easy. The question about security arose because the spouse of Selectee is employed with international organization and he is already part of his organization pension scheme. So we are not sure how that works.
The other thing is our academic certificates which are in English are foreign. Is it required for it to be evaluated or just notorized?

Thanks you are making life easy. The question about security arose because the spouse of Selectee is employed with international organization and he is already part of his organization pension scheme. So we are not sure how that works.
The other thing is our academic certificates which are in English are foreign. Is it required for it to be evaluated or just notorized?

Being a part of an organization's pension scheme isn't a ground for opting out of the U.S. social security tax/system. It's not like an optional plan available through an employer.

As long as the certificates are in English, they're fine as is. No evaluation or motorization required.

Mom
Thank you very much for your help.We fill the DS-260 application. A quick question! Is the confirmation e-mail for DS-260 a 2NL or there's another e-mail coming? Thank you for your help.

Mom
Thank you very much for your help.We fill the DS-260 application. A quick question! Is the confirmation e-mail for DS-260 a 2NL or there's another e-mail coming? Thank you for your help.

The submission confirmation is not the 2NL, although you should still safely keep a copy for your records. The actual 2NL as pertain to AOSers will be sent by KCC in a couple of weeks.

1. Could take 2-3 months before you get a response from KCC. Remember, they're still processing DV2015 selectees.
2. Better to send it by courier last couple of days in September, such that it arrives first day/week of October. Whatever you do, I suggest you ensure it isn't received/delivered before Oct 1st.
Hi mom, what is mean of AOS?

Hi mom, what is mean of AOS?

On this Thread, it mainly refers to Adjustment of Status - this is the process by which people already in the U.S. can apply for their GC. Sometimes, it could also mean Affidavit of Support, it just depend upon the context in which it is used.

Hello,

I am a DV lottery winner with case number AS12xx and want to do AOS. I am on J-1 visa right now. I appreciate your kindness for answering my questions.

1- I have read all instructions in USCIS website. Do I need to file form I-134 with other documents like W2 and tax return papers with my application? I have not seen any thing in the website that a lottery winner needs to file this form for his wife and children.
2- Do we need to submit DS-260 form? I have not seen any instruction in USCIS website that we need to do that.
3- When filling out the I-485 form for my children, do I need to fill out part 6 in the form and entering my name and signature as a parent or filling part 5 is enough?
4- In part 2 of I-485 for application type, is it ok to select section "h" and enter as a lottery winner and the case number?
5- Do we need to enter our membership in scientific organizations in part 3?

Thank you.

Hello,

I am a DV lottery winner with case number AS12xx and want to do AOS. I am on J-1 visa right now. I appreciate your kindness for answering my questions.

1- I have read all instructions in USCIS website. Do I need to file form I-134 with other documents like W2 and tax return papers with my application? I have not seen any thing in the website that a lottery winner needs to file this form for his wife and children.
2- Do we need to submit DS-260 form? I have not seen any instruction in USCIS website that we need to do that.
3- When filling out the I-485 form for my children, do I need to fill out part 6 in the form and entering my name and signature as a parent or filling part 5 is enough?
4- In part 2 of I-485 for application type, is it ok to select section "h" and enter as a lottery winner and the case number?
5- Do we need to enter our membership in scientific organizations in part 3?

Thank you.

1. USCIS website doesn't have a list of all that's required to be included with any petition, the interview letter wouldn't contain that information either. The onus is on the petitioner to submit any and all documents that may assist with their petition.
2. Yes as per the instruction on your selectees notification letter
3. Yes, if they're under 14
4. The instruction is to select 'H' for the main selectee and type 'DV Lottery Winner. Selectee Notification Letter Attached' (or something similar along that line). For all other derivatives, select 'B'
5. I would say yes, others may be of a different opinion.

Anyway, before you go any further, I suggest you go through the AOS spreadsheet we've put together here, it will definitely answer most of your questions and give you a better understanding of the process:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...xHaFFtdVI4Y01oTFc3ZnZlb1E&usp=drive_web#gid=5

Mom
I want your advice on this one. Please bear with me. Can we pay for everything once our number is out or can we start paying for things like DS-260 as soon as possible. It looks like I'm the only one asking dumb questions here. I can't help the excitement.

Mom
I want your advice on this one. Please bear with me. Can we pay for everything once our number is out or can we start paying for things like DS-260 as soon as possible. It looks like I'm the only one asking dumb questions here. I can't help the excitement.

No, you're not asking dumb questions, you're seeking clarification on things that do not appear clear to you. No payment is required for filing out or submitting DS-260, so if you haven't started that process you need to get cracking.

Regarding the $330 DV processing fee, it is better to make the payment before your number becomes current as you need to get back the payment receipt early enough in order to include it with your I-485 package. The only caveat to paying early is with regards to those with very high CNs that may not become current. If the CN is low enough, that payment can be made right away. The rest of the payment (the actual AOS fee) will be made when your CN becomes current and you send out your I-485 package.

Mom
This is probably a dumb question, Do I have to send the original translated birth certificate or just a copy of the translated document with the copy of the original birth certificate will be fine. Mine and my wives translated birth certificates were all stamped and certified by the foreign ministry of my country in 2009 when we came to USA, but I hate to give away the original copy of the translated document.

Again, not a dumb question. Technically, the original translated B/C with a copy of the foreign language B/C is required to be sent with the package. However, if you're able to make a very clear copy of the translated version, such that there's hardly any difference between the copy and the original (yes, there are some copy machines that can do that), then you can send the copy.

Alternatively, you can scan the original translated copy, then print it out and use the printed copy (this is what I do with some documents that require an original version which I'm reluctant to part with for whatever reason).