• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 AOS Only

Mom
Thank you very much for the clarification. I and my wife don't know how to proceed with this and there are lot of people who are eager to advice here and with a wrong information. I've been following you guys when I was still at home in South Africa about 3 years now. Please bear with me.

Mom
Thank you very much for the clarification. I and my wife don't know how to proceed with this and there are lot of people who are eager to advice here and with a wrong information. I've been following you guys when I was still at home in South Africa about 3 years now. Please bear with me.

Have you gone through the AOS spreadsheet?

Mom
I have gone through the spreadsheet and is makinga lot of sense. It was going to be very confusing without the spradsheet. Thank you for putting it altogether. I'll ask only questions that need clarification. My wife always asking all these questions hence I'm coming to you almkst everyday. Thanks again for your help.

Mom
I have gone through the spreadsheet and is makinga lot of sense. It was going to be very confusing without the spradsheet. Thank you for putting it altogether. I'll ask only questions that need clarification. My wife always asking all these questions hence I'm coming to you almkst everyday. Thanks again for your help.

No problem. That's what we're here for, to provide assistance and make the process clearer, so keep asking :)

Thanks mom,
Is it ok for me to get a new document translated from my country and that way I can send the original.

Yep, not a bad idea. One thing though, the person doing the translation should include a signed certification note. Check the following link for the USCIS suggested format:

http://www.uscis.gov/forms/forms-and-fees/general-tips-assembling-applications-mailing

As a matter of fact, if you can find anyone in the US who can equally do the translation for you, that will also be fine. The translator doesn't have to be a professional, anyone highly knowledgeable in both English and your language will do, as long as they include the signed certification.

Mom,

Tell us what next after filing DS - 260. Is there anything, I mean correspondence or some form feedback we can expect to get from KCC or we go to the local USCIS offices to know when our interview is scheduled?
On the same token, given that effective filing of 1 - 485 should only be undertaken once our numbers become current, what are some of these documents needed for an interview by USCIS?

At what point are we expected to get Medical exams done, and finger prints taken considering that our number will become current in April or June next year?

Thank you.

Mom,

Tell us what next after filing DS - 260. Is there anything, I mean correspondence or some form feedback we can expect to get from KCC or we go to the local USCIS offices to know when our interview is scheduled?
On the same token, given that effective filing of 1 - 485 should only be undertaken once our numbers become current, what are some of these documents needed for an interview by USCIS?

At what point are we expected to get Medical exams done, and finger prints taken considering that our number will become current in April or June next year?

Thank you.

R.E.A.D. T.H.E. S.P.R.E.A.D.S.H.E.E.T!! The steps are well documented on it!

Hi Mom in DS 260 previous US travel section I was able to fill all my travel history except the current one. It needs a duration which I cant ad number of days because I have not left US. So do I ignore the last arrival to US? Also in my online I94 travel history my first arrival to US (in 2009) is not recorded, do I need to worry about it?

Just spoke to my immigration lawyer today (I got approved my H-1B last week) and he said that if we go AOS (and we will) we don't have to file the DS-260, but directly the I-485 (when we arrive in October in US).
It sounds weird to me: what do you think?

Thank you in advance, Gio

Just spoke to my immigration lawyer today (I got approved my H-1B last week) and he said that if we go AOS (and we will) we don't have to file the DS-260, but directly the I-485 (when we arrive in October in US).

Congratulations on your H-1B approval.

Regarding the comment/instruction from your immigration attorney, well it's obvious to me, from his suggestion about filing I-485 right away when you arrive in October that he/she is completely clueless regarding DV AOS. Your CN is EU181xx, it's not going to become current before 2016, which makes filing in October 2015 impossible, unless you want to risk a denial.

Of course you can either go by what your immigration attorney is telling you or go by what we've told you so far. Your case, your call!

Hi Mom in DS 260 previous US travel section I was able to fill all my travel history except the current one. It needs a duration which I cant ad number of days because I have not left US. So do I ignore the last arrival to US? Also in my online I94 travel history my first arrival to US (in 2009) is not recorded, do I need to worry about it?

Unfortunately when the DS-260 form was designed, not much thought was given to DV AOSers, a lot of people are having the same problem you've described above. It's okay to leave the current entry information out, but fill out the rest of the form as best as you can.

Unfortunately when the DS-260 form was designed, not much thought was given to DV AOSers, a lot of people are having the same problem you've described above. It's okay to leave the current entry information out, but fill out the rest of the form as best as you can.
OK thanks Mom, now the next question (lots of questions) Then in DS 260 current work section it asks my research (I work at Massachusetts Institute of Technology as a postdoctoral associate and research I do involve working with viruses will this be a subject to further inspection). In another word working in a leading tech college would have a negative impact on AOS?

That is exactly why we say to stay away from lawyers for DV cases. Yours told you two things as you are reporting here. Both are wrong - and he will be charging someone for those nuggets of incorrect advice. Awesome.

OK thanks Mom, now the next question (lots of questions) Then in DS 260 current work section it asks my research (I work at Massachusetts Institute of Technology as a postdoctoral associate and research I do involve working with viruses will this be a subject to further inspection). In another word working in a leading tech college would have a negative impact on AOS?

I doubt it would.

Mom
Hope you're doing well. I just want to ask about the employment documents that in the AOS package in the spreadsheet. Must we sens both for myself and my wife or only my wife as a pricipal applicant. I just want to be prepared. Thank you.

Mom
Hope you're doing well. I just want to ask about the employment documents that in the AOS package in the spreadsheet. Must we sens both for myself and my wife or only my wife as a pricipal applicant. I just want to be prepared. Thank you.

Employment documents are only listed under the PA on the spreadsheet. Please take a close look to ensure you understand who is required to send what.

Hello everyone!

I won the lottery, with CN EU0024XXX, if I choose AOS, will USCIS have plenty of time to process my application before Sept. 30, 2016?.
I guess it'll become current by March/April 2016.

Hello everyone!

I won the lottery, with CN EU0024XXX, if I choose AOS, will USCIS have plenty of time to process my application before Sept. 30, 2016?.
I guess it'll become current by March/April 2016.
I'm asking this because my field office processing time for I-485 now is as of March 31, June 25 2014 (Kendall, FL)