• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2016 Administrative Processing Cases

ok got it. went briefly over the link with I-601 instruction and do believe this is the one I need to file. in general it states that CIMT should not apply however one of the exceptions (if was not imprisoned for 6 months or more) qualifies me I believe. Also my refusal form states 'you are eligible to apply for waiver..."

I'm sorry to keep bursting your bubbles, but I believe you're reading that paragraph in isolation. First the instruction clearly states who may use that form to apply for a visa waiver - K or V immigrant petitioner, of which you're none.

It further states (just so anyone with a K or V immigrant visa petition who has been found inadmissible doesn't think they automatically qualify to file the waiver) such a petitioner must:

With the application, you must establish one of the following:

1. You are inadmissible only because of your participation in prostitution, including having procured others for prostitution or having received the proceeds of prostitution, but you have been rehabilitated and your admission to the United States will not be contrary to the national welfare, safety, or security;

2. At least 15 years have passed since the activity or event that makes you inadmissible, you have been rehabilitated, and your admission to the United States will not be contrary to the national welfare, safety, or security;

3. Your qualifying U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident relative (spouse, son, daughter, parent), or K visa petitioner would experience extreme hardship if you were denied admission; or

4. You are an approved VAWA self-petitioner.

But if you insist on filing the waiver, good luck to you. Although I suggest you google cases that filed such a waiver and see the approval rate.

I don't get it, it states ""If you are an applicant for an immigrant...." I think immigrant part was one of the criteria.
Anyways I will just take your advice and not apply

I don't get it, it states ""If you are an applicant for an immigrant...." I think immigrant part was one of the criteria.
Anyways I will just take your advice and not apply

When it says "immigrant", it's referring to a K or V visa immigrant, because a T NIV petitioner who has been found inadmissible is also eligible to use the I-601 waiver form - it's not intended to be a blanket phrase applicable to all immigrant petitioners inherently found inadmissible.

And I honestly would rather you don't go by my "advice" if you're convinced otherwise of the possibility of a successful waiver application in your case. I'm not advising anything - but basically sharing what I know of with regards DV petition denials and the waiver process.

I am tempted to apply even though I will not make it in time but who knows perhaps I will get lucky again and win lottery in the future.
The only thing holding me back is if some goofball will deny me and it will complicate my "normal" US travels which I conduct on regular basis. I guess I need to consult a lawyer.
Hopefully the official IV CIMT refusal, however considered unjustified, will not result in Visa Waiver Entry related complications for you going forward. Here is what I found on CIMT & Visa Waiver/ESTA http://www.usvisalawyers.co.uk/article13.htm or http://hub.unlock.org.uk/knowledgebase/travelling-to-the-usa-the-esta-form-and-moral-turpitude/ There is additional information on the web you may want to review, i.e. http://www.usvisalawyers.co.uk/article7.htm (Waivers of Ineligibility, Paragraph A & B). It probably would make sense to consult with an experienced immigration attorney in order to avoid potential complications with Homeland Security, who have access to your information, down the road. Best of luck!

Last edited:
this is very heart breaking. but the best answer u have is that u know the decision. i dont know much about waiver but i support u t make a submission. well if its late i dont think the lottery is stopping this yr. keep the dream. some of us we are also on AP and we are waiting their decision. Alem are u reading this. Prayers!!

@bblo Sorry to hear about your denial. Do you hold any other nationality other than being Canadian or any specific field of education and degree?

@bblo Sorry to hear about your denial. Do you hold any other nationality other than being Canadian or any specific field of education and degree?
Yep, I was born in Poland and this is why I was able to apply. As to my education I hold a post secondary certificate of Electrical engineering

For all those who feel sorry for me - no need. It is not like I had to have it. My life in Canada is not that bad, for all those that really need it I truly wish you all get it :)

I was hoping to see more issuances than denials these days, bblo God still has a greater plan for you dear!!!
Jos let's keep hoping

Hi Dears ! We (my husband ,my child and me) conducted our interview on may 9 in Ethiopia ,every thing was well but my husband s medical was not reached on time due to the doctors asked him for further analysis and we put on AP .After 2 months my husband's result was sent to embassy on June 20 .then on July 9 our status on CEAC ,AP changed in to issued .Today, thanks to God and his mother st. merry we have got an email that notifies it is ready for pic up in the DHL service
Thank you very much all of you specially Britsimion,Sm1smom,SusieQQQ who helped us. God bless your life thank you again. and I wish for other AP Good Luck!!

Hi Dears ! We (my husband ,my child and me) conducted our interview on may 9 in Ethiopia ,every thing was well but my husband s medical was not reached on time due to the doctors asked him for further analysis and we put on AP .After 2 months my husband's result was sent to embassy on June 20 .then on July 9 our status on CEAC ,AP changed in to issued .Today, thanks to God and his mother st. merry we have got an email that notifies it is ready for pic up in the DHL service
Thank you very much all of you specially Britsimion,Sm1smom,SusieQQQ who helped us. God bless your life thank you again. and I wish for other AP Good Luck!!

Congratulations!!!

does " the status update date changes " give any clue? as it have been changed 2 times in a week but in the same AP status

Congratulations !! All the best for your new life in the US.

do they call u first then the status changes to issued,or it's the other way around???!

or there is no role at all????!!

Hello All,

I am happy to tell you that after being in AP for 110 days I was cleared and received my Passport Today.
Wish you all good luck and keep faith.
My story below.

im a DV-2016 winer from Morocco i passed the interview on March 24th all went good and the CO told me "your visa approved" and i will receive my passport within 10 days, but after 5 days i received a call from the US consulate and told me that i have to provide a new contact person address in US and the one i provided when i filled out DS-260 is not accepted ( i think the reason of refusing the address is that one week before my interview a friend provided the same address as we are both going to be hosted by the same person).

whenever i contact them they tell me "your case is still under administrative processing and we will contact you once the process is over".

when i check my status on their web site it says "issued" since I passed the interview.

Hello All,

I am happy to tell you that after being in AP for 110 days I was cleared and received my Passport Today.
Wish you all good luck and keep faith.
My story below.

im a DV-2016 winer from Morocco i passed the interview on March 24th all went good and the CO told me "your visa approved" and i will receive my passport within 10 days, but after 5 days i received a call from the US consulate and told me that i have to provide a new contact person address in US and the one i provided when i filled out DS-260 is not accepted ( i think the reason of refusing the address is that one week before my interview a friend provided the same address as we are both going to be hosted by the same person).

whenever i contact them they tell me "your case is still under administrative processing and we will contact you once the process is over".

when i check my status on their web site it says "issued" since I passed the interview.

Great news.