• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Winners Meet Here

Let me get something clear about the holes theory. About Ethiopia for example, as Britsiom explained, the holes caused by Ethiopia are
1080 per ten thousand. Are these holes distributed all along up to the end ie upto the highest case number say AF86xxx for African DV 2015. Please
expound.

Let me get something clear about the holes theory. About Ethiopia for example, as Britsiom explained, the holes caused by Ethiopia are
1080 per ten thousand. Are these holes distributed all along up to the end ie upto the highest case number say AF86xxx for African DV 2015. Please
expound.

After a country is limited in the draw, then yes, the holes created by that country will be constant for the remainder of the numbers, statistically at least.

Hello Britsiom

My Case number is AS11xxx , kindly advise if this is safe or not ? any expected date for the interview ?

Hello everyone,
i do have a worry, the person who is to receive me in the US changed her address do I have to unlock the DS260 and change it there or can I make the adjustments on the day of interview? (submitted ds260 on 15/8/14, 2NL not yet received). thank you

Hello everyone,
i do have a worry, the person who is to receive me in the US changed her address do I have to unlock the DS260 and change it there or can I make the adjustments on the day of interview? (submitted ds260 on 15/8/14, 2NL not yet received). thank you

No need to unlock the DS-260 form. Address change can be made at the time of interview.

Hi,

Could someone please help me by answering the following questions?

- I lived in several European countries, have got police certificates from each of those places but they are more than 6 months old. Shall I get new ones for the interview, even though i'm not living there anymore?
- Once in the US: How long does it take until we receive all the papers and can travel again?
- How much time can you spend outside of the US as a green card holder?

Thanks so much!! :)

hi
one of our friends had interview last 3days and unfortunately has been rejected.
he says officer has told him your job is ambiguous to him!!!
i had heard in these situation they ask for a 9question letter including for ex. CV, travel history, job description,....
it looks a bit strange to me
do they reject for such reason or may be there is sth behind that we don't know.
appreciate for any opinion
thx.

Hi,

Could someone please help me by answering the following questions?

- I lived in several European countries, have got police certificates from each of those places but they are more than 6 months old. Shall I get new ones for the interview, even though i'm not living there anymore?
- Once in the US: How long does it take until we receive all the papers and can travel again?
- How much time can you spend outside of the US as a green card holder?

Thanks so much!! :)
for the police clearance cert, if it has expire then you have to get a new one since you can't send expired police certificate during your interview.
when you arrive at the port of entry on the land of the united states, your entry stamp is valid for a year which serves as your green card enabling you to leave anytime you wanna leave and return.
as a cardholder, you can not stay outside the US for more than 6 month

Summary DV 2015 CEAC data
Region Cases Family Members ISSUED REFUSED AP READY TRANSFER
AF 39266 6258 1563 129 190 4362 14
EU 21958 6974 1896 76 396 4599 7
AS 11470 3583 1112 25 496 1946 4
SA 1841 500 217 16 28 239 0
OC 2111 386 140 36 13 197 0
Totals 76646 17701 4928 282 1123 11343 25
Note - cases column does not include derivatives whereas the other columns do -
but the derivative data is not available for cases not scheduled.
Data extracted and published by BritSimonSays.com - go there for DV lottery info
BritSimonSays.com

According to the above summary (DV 2015 CEAC data) the case numbers plus the family members ( 76646 + 17701 = 94,347) do not add up to 125k
which was the total number for dv 2015 selectees. Please help me understand. What does it imply by ready and transfer. Basically what is the average % of the people who
do not apply for visa ie never respond annually.

for the police clearance cert, if it has expire then you have to get a new one since you can't send expired police certificate during your interview.
when you arrive at the port of entry on the land of the united states, your entry stamp is valid for a year which serves as your green card enabling you to leave anytime you wanna leave and return.

Thank you!!

hi
one of our friends had interview last 3days and unfortunately has been rejected.
i had heard in these situation they ask for a 9question letter including for ex. CV, travel history, job description,....
do they reject for such reason or may be there is sth behind that we don't know.
thx.

From your avatar I assume you are from Iran. What you haven't said is, if your friend had a high school diploma, or relied on the job experience for his qualification. If the latter, then only certain jobs qualify and it is very difficult to get approval. Regardless of the job qualification, it is always good to have a copy of your CV, job description and supporting documents that can show you have the right qualifications and are not at risk of becoming a public charge. Cash in the bank is good, but the officer knows it will run out and would want to see you can get a job. Foreign travel history, specially in EU and US will help with your FBI check, so it is best to take your old passports with visa stamps.

From your avatar I assume you are from Iran. What you haven't said is, if your friend had a high school diploma, or relied on the job experience for his qualification. If the latter, then only certain jobs qualify and it is very difficult to get approval. Regardless of the job qualification, it is always good to have a copy of your CV, job description and supporting documents that can show you have the right qualifications and are not at risk of becoming a public charge. Cash in the bank is good, but the officer knows it will run out and would want to see you can get a job. Foreign travel history, specially in EU and US will help with your FBI check, so it is best to take your old passports with visa stamps.

thx for your reply
yes i'm from iran
well he says he has had diploma and 10 years of experience in a car painting factory.
actually he is a member of our persian forum which is for dv-selectees
and i just have these info. that he has shared.
so, u mean we should prepare our cv, travel history,..... and take them to embassy as well.
well ofcourse i have Msc degree and 15 years job experience but should prepare the docs u mentioned with myself just in case.
thx alot for sharing your opinion

hi
thx.
thx for your reply
yes i'm from iran
well he says he has had diploma and 10 years of experience in a car painting factory.
actually he is a member of our persian forum which is for dv-selectees
and i just have these info. that he has shared.
so, u mean we should prepare our cv, travel history,..... and take them to embassy as well.
well ofcourse i have Msc degree and 15 years job experience but should prepare the docs u mentioned with myself just in case.
thx alot for sharing your opinion

There is more to the story you are not being told. He either needed to qualify on education OR work experience. His work experience would not have qualified him as it sounds like it was at the wrong level. I suspect his education was not up to the standard, or perhaps he failed to meet the public charge requirements (which is another reason the current job might be mentioned).

Summary DV 2015 CEAC data
Region Cases Family Members ISSUED REFUSED AP READY TRANSFER
AF 39266 6258 1563 129 190 4362 14
EU 21958 6974 1896 76 396 4599 7
AS 11470 3583 1112 25 496 1946 4
SA 1841 500 217 16 28 239 0
OC 2111 386 140 36 13 197 0
Totals 76646 17701 4928 282 1123 11343 25
Note - cases column does not include derivatives whereas the other columns do -
but the derivative data is not available for cases not scheduled.
Data extracted and published by BritSimonSays.com - go there for DV lottery info
BritSimonSays.com

According to the above summary (DV 2015 CEAC data) the case numbers plus the family members ( 76646 + 17701 = 94,347) do not add up to 125k
which was the total number for dv 2015 selectees. Please help me understand. What does it imply by ready and transfer. Basically what is the average % of the people who
do not apply for visa ie never respond annually.

On the cases that are scheduled for interview, we have the family numbers. However, for those cases "at NVC" etc we only know there is a case - we don't yet have the family. So if you look at the total number of cases (76646) all the 125k will be on those cases (we might be missing a few cases but not many).

Ready is a scheduled case that is not yet reporting a status . It might mean that case was not yet interviewed, or the interview happened but the case did not update. We also see some embassies that leave the case at READY status when in fact the case is on AP, or fail to update the derivatives when the principal case has already been decided.

Transfer is when a case is moving from one embassy to another.

About non responses - we don't have an accurate % for that. The data last year wasn't as comprehensive as this year. We only saw cases that were scheduled in CEAC and that meant all those that responded but never went current were not visible to us. That not current section must have been significant because the cutoffs were in place way below the max numbers (AF max number was 116k, only 81100 current. AS max number was around 23k, only 13350 current. EU max case was 56k only 40150 current and so on. However, from those that got current we had about 78k people in the CEAC data I think it is likely that the not current cases would have been another 15 to 20k. So - I "assume" that non responses are probably around 25% globally.

The last sentence is incorrct, the time period is 12 months. The rest of my family just returned to the US after an 11 month absence with no problem.
Look for official USCIS pages on this, not those of lawyers trying to scare you into giving them business!