• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Winners Meet Here

I just called KCC, they told me that they just finish processing my forms.... That they might on not schedule me for January, depending on availability... At least I know that I'm one step forward

I was current on October, forms sent on the 06/15/2014... This step took 22 weeks!

It seem that KCC made at each month a group ( by example from 15th up 15th next month) then process the form that received on this period!
When you call them, if your form was not in the current group ,you hear is under process!
I hope receive my 2SL in this month,submit form 17 June.

Last edited:
It seem that KCC made at each month a group ( by example from 15th up 15th next month) then process the form that received on this period!
When you call them, if your form was not in the current group ,you hear is under process!
I hope receive my 2SL in this month,submit form 17 June.

Yes, they schedule once a month. If you miss the monthly scheduling you go into the next month. (This has been mentioned quite a few times.)

kindly provide the link whereby one can get the previous years cut off numbers( at the end of every fiscal year) for all region

Is it important to know at my visa interview when I am planning to go and live in the USA ? I have no relatives in the USA and hardly know anyone so the chances are that I may not make any decision till I have the actual visa so the honest answer at the time of the interview may be, it may be point A or point B, still have not decided. The answer to a popular question in relation to my future employment would be any job at the start just to get on my feet and then move on and find something else. I know that from the immigration point of view, the CO may want to hear more specific answers, anything that you could suggest or give advice on ? I will have the proof of funds, which should not be an issue but should that be coupled with more specific answers ?
Hi Hypochondriac,
I was in the same boat like you're right now I don't have friends (that I can put that as support), so when we had our interview the CO asks us where are you planing to live in US? We says Dallas, ans she said do have friend there? We said no but we have a verbal confirmation from my emplyer for the transfert (which is true), and that was it, never being ask when we're going or our detailed plan, I agreed briitsimon on he suggestion about the saving you have to have a good savings if you're going to US without support, in our case we made a nice summary of all our assets and savings and retirement accounts..., and that was not questions at all asked about our Financial support. I hope that's helps.
Good luck

Nothing here, I'm checking ones every hour... I think that I've developed OCD with this lottery...
everybody is doing the same. You are not the only one who contracted OCD.
But note that they are working only at office hours, which is between 7:30am and 10:00pm EST (GMT-5). Once the day is over, expect the on the coming day, not the next hour.

Note To All: All postings related to how to "work the system" will be deleted and the members responsible for such posts will be banned from the forum!

The grass is always greener on the other side in the USA but what if you end up in a desert ? I bide my time and ready for anything. There are some advantages and disadvantages living in the USA. The downside is the expensive health care system, lack of employment rights and social security. Is it safe to download music illegally in the USA ? Let's drift away from the serious side and focus on some entertainment. Do the internet providers excessively watch what you download on the internet in the USA ? I have seen some examples of court cases online..

The question is, if they catch 1 in 100 people (or whatever the number is), do YOU want to be the one who gets caught, when a criminal conviction could result in you being stripped of your green card?

By the way what you see as downside - I won't defend healthcare - but what you call "lack of employment rights" is what other people call "labor market flexibility" and is one of the reasons the US always responds and bounces back so quickly. Case in point right now US growth and labour market doing well vs Europe in the doldrums. Similar for social security which - gasp- requires you to have lived and contributed for 5 years rather than just getting free handouts (which are not free because other taxpayers have to pay for them) as soon as you arrive.

gf1z4zql4nnmtk293n88.jpg

I'm waiting to catch the 2SL !