• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Winners Meet Here

Well Bleri, I've heard that priority for interviews is given to CNs being current but at the same time KCC needs 2-3 months processing time after DS260 submission... and don't forget other CNs being current since Nov...let's see, I'm in the same boat!

Thank you :)
I know it takes patience...but we're worried about the change we made to the DS by the middle of July...that's why I fear being postponed and delayed :(
I reallyyy hope the update made in July won't affect our interview being scheduled :)

Would it matter if you were delayed a month?

Well Bleri, I've heard that priority for interviews is given to CNs being current but at the same time KCC needs 2-3 months processing time after DS260 submission... and don't forget other CNs being current since Nov...let's see, I'm in the same boat!
Hi Flori,
Thnx for responding!
I was just about to comment to your question too, as I haven't seen many EU CN here :)
Well good luck to you :) and plsss let me know when you get your interview scheduled :D
I'll let you know as soon as I got news

Would it matter if you were delayed a month?
Thnx for responding Britsimon,
Answering your question...well YES it would matter as I live in a different country from the country that I am going to have the interview...so I have quite loadsss of things to organize, that's why I'm asking if the editing of the DS in July affects my interview date.

Thnx for responding Britsimon,
Answering your question...well YES it would matter as I live in a different country from the country that I am going to have the interview...so I have quite loadsss of things to organize, that's why I'm asking if the editing of the DS in July affects my interview date.

OK - well you are normally supposed to interview in the consulate where you live, but maybe you have good reason not to follow the norm. You will have around 6 weeks plus notice of your interview date - so hopefully that will be time enough. As to whether your editing affects your interview date - the generally accepted assumption is no it won't BUT nobody knows for sure. The DS260 is a new process and clearly has some problems still being worked out so it is difficult (actually impossible) to predict with certainty. So - stop worrying yourself - that will not change anything - it is what it is.

Last edited:
OK - well you are normally supposed to interview in the consulate where you live, but maybe you have good reason not to follow the norm. You will have around 6 weeks plus notice of your interview date - so hopefully that will be time enough. As yo whether your editing affects your interview date - the generally accepted assumption is no it won't BUT nobody knows for sure. The DS260 is a new process and clearly has some problems still being worked out so it is difficult (actually impossible) to predict with certainty. So - stop worrying yourself - that will not change anything - it is what it is.
Thank you for responding! Yes you are right...worrying doesn't change anything :)
I'm happy I found this forum as I got so much info in here! Everybody seems so helpful! I will definitely keep everybody posted regarding the progress of my case ;)

Thank you for responding! Yes you are right...worrying doesn't change anything :)
I'm happy I found this forum as I got so much info in here! Everybody seems so helpful! I will definitely keep everybody posted regarding the progress of my case ;)

Please do let us know what happens - it is only by sharing the collective information that this forum provides so much value....

Hi Flori,
Thnx for responding!
I was just about to comment to your question too, as I haven't seen many EU CN here :)
Well good luck to you :) and plsss let me know when you get your interview scheduled :D
I'll let you know as soon as I got news
Sure we'll stay in touch. You will probably get 2nl this month because your CN is 300 lower than mine and you have submitted forms not as late as me. Good luck.

Hi guys,
My case nr is EU00061xx
I submitted the DS260 on 20th of July, but THEN I requested KCC to unlock it. They unlocked it on 25th of September so I corrected the DS260 and resubmitted it on 7th of Octobre.
Does anyone know if this should cause us any delay...being that our DS was unlocked and updated nearly 1 months after the first submission??

When do you think will get 2NL.??????
how long should I wait for the notification before calling them?
Thanks a lot everyone

Hi guys,
My case nr is EU00061xx
I submitted the DS260 on 20th of July, but THEN I requested KCC to unlock it. They unlocked it on 25th of September so I corrected the DS260 and resubmitted it on 7th of Octobre.
Does anyone know if this should cause us any delay...being that our DS was unlocked and updated nearly 1 months after the first submission??

When do you think will get 2NL.??????
how long should I wait for the notification before calling them?
Thanks a lot everyone

This exact question has been discussed in the last few posts. Go back to page 72 and read from there.....

it's not exact question like page 72 (diferent CN,period of submited and resubmitet,...)

do you think that interview will be in December ????

it's not exact question like page 72 (diferent CN,period of submited and resubmitet,...)

do you think that interview will be in December ????

OK - I see - yes that is a totally different question then! :confused:

Strangely though my same answer from 1445 applies.

"As to whether your editing affects your interview date - the generally accepted assumption is no it won't BUT nobody knows for sure. The DS260 is a new process and clearly has some problems still being worked out so it is difficult (actually impossible) to predict with certainty."

Hi guys,

If I change my passport do I need to update it in DS260 or is it fine to do that during the interview? Usually my country does not allow its citizens to keep old passports but mine has an active visa in it so I will get to keep it for the interview ( they will punch holes in it though to make it invalid)

I expect (hope) to get a date after a week or so and do not want to request KCC to unlock the form at the same time and delay things.

Hi guys,

If I change my passport do I need to update it in DS260 or is it fine to do that during the interview? Usually my country does not allow its citizens to keep old passports but mine has an active visa in it so I will get to keep it for the interview ( they will punch holes in it though to make it invalid)

I expect (hope) to get a date after a week or so and do not want to request KCC to unlock the form at the same time and delay things.

No need to unlock the DS form for that. Just go with both the old and new passports.

DS260 question. The list of occupations is quite limited. If I work in a finance/accounting department of a manufacturing company, do I choose "business", or do I choose "other" and then specify? What do you think.
Thank you,

please guys share us your interview experience here. here is one example i read somewhere else:
HERE IS ONE SUCCESSFULLY STORY FOR DV INTERVIEW THIS MONTH!Arica

VIA Ndubiz Mwafasi Isaac

This is how it went..
Arrived at embassy 6.40am. The gates had been opened n there was a long queue. Was told to go straight on coz i was with my baby. Was checked at gate 1 then gate 2.
Then proceeded in where was asked for 2nl then was given a number n told to wait
Waited 10 mins then my number was called to window 5. Here was asked to produce original n copies of pp, bc, police cert, form ds260 confirmation, kcse cert. Was asked if av bn to us..i said no. If av ever bn married..i said no. Was then told to pay at cashier then wait.
Waited like 30 mins then was called at counter 8. Here my finger prints were taken then told to wait.
Waited about 15 mins then was called at counter 10. This is where i met a male co who welcomed me with a smile.

Co: welcome
Me: (smiling) thank you
Co: waves at my son then tels me to raise my hand n swear. He then takes my fingerprints again
Co: who r u going to stay with in us
Me: my uncle
Co: so n so?(mentions name)
Me: yes
Co: wen did u clear high school
Me: answer
Co: where do u work currently
Co: u work as a
Co: how long have u worked there
Co: do u have sole custody of ur son
Me: yes
Co: how old is he
Co then type things then after a moment..
Co: sorry how long did u say u have worked at...
Co: congratulations u have been granted visa

DS260 question. The list of occupations is quite limited. If I work in a finance/accounting department of a manufacturing company, do I choose "business", or do I choose "other" and then specify? What do you think.
Thank you,

Don't get too hung up on that - it doesn't affect your application - so just choose something close.

Are we meant to take our DS-260 submission confirmation page or if the form was unlocked for the purpose of correction, rather a resubmission page to our visa interview ?