• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Winners Meet Here

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone ever heard of the medicals being valid only for a month prior the interview? Meaning that if I go for a medical 8 weeks before the interview they would expire before that. That is not contradicting the general six month validity it is more like a different limitation. I was told that since there is a blood test involved I cannot have the medical more than four weeks in advance which sounded strange.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Everyone,

Has anyone ever heard of the medicals being valid only for a month prior the interview? Meaning that if I go for a medical 8 weeks before the interview they would expire before that. That is not contradicting the general six month validity it is more like a different limitation. I was told that since there is a blood test involved I cannot have the medical more than four weeks in advance which sounded strange.

Thanks in advance.

That is sort of BS, sort of not. It varies by country and while some doctors are happy to schedule early, others want to see your 2NL to make sure you are doing it at the right time. The medical itself is supposed to be valid for way after the interview to allow the initial entry.

Thanks a lot Britsimon.

The idea is that I want to do the medicals in October. I was current in October but I still do not have the 2nd NL. I believe it will happen in December since I submitted my forms mid June. I live abroad and I will travel home soon for a short visit. I want to avoid having to rush and do them right before the interview. I had someone call the clinic and they said medicals are only valid for 30 days prior the interview but it is my call if I want to have them now. So I guess I can do them now and then again in December if needs be. Does that make sense? Has anyone heard of someone having to redo their medicals if they did them couple of months earlier?

P.S. I will travel for the US a week after the interview if everything is all right so I am not worried about the validity of the visa.

Thanks a lot Britsimon.

The idea is that I want to do the medicals in October. I was current in October but I still do not have the 2nd NL. I believe it will happen in December since I submitted my forms mid June. I live abroad and I will travel home soon for a short visit. I want to avoid having to rush and do them right before the interview. I had someone call the clinic and they said medicals are only valid for 30 days prior the interview but it is my call if I want to have them now. So I guess I can do them now and then again in December if needs be. Does that make sense? Has anyone heard of someone having to redo their medicals if they did them couple of months earlier?

P.S. I will travel for the US a week after the interview if everything is all right so I am not worried about the validity of the visa.

So I think the game of "telephone"/"chinese whispers" is going on. What would make sense is that the clinic would say that appointments are normally made within the 30 day period before the interview. What makes no sense is the medical becoming invalid after 30 days. The medical has to be valid for the interview of course but it also needs to be valid for the initial entry - so I cannot believe the medical expires after 30 days. Reconfirm it - but I very much doubt you will have a problem.

Mind you, the amount of time you have to enter after the visa is granted might well reduce - so instead of the "normal" 6 months you might end up having a visa expiry window - probably down to 4 months. Is that ok? Your call.

With many call to KCC for 2sl order for 15th ,any body have positive to get 2sl on this weekend?
Thanks for comment.

That is a good summary. From Step 5 onward the process is very different for aos. So - it would be best to stop aos people reading right there as a relatively small percentage of people doing aos.

For your own case, yes, travelling out of the US can affect you at certain points during your aos process. Depending on what sort of visa you have you might be best to delay your DS260 submission. I suggest you start logging in to the DV2015 AOS thread here, and ask Sm1smom for clarity about that (with some more detail about what visa you are on currently).

As you have rightly understood, there is no rush to submit the DS260. Your number does indeed mean you have to wait until May-ish - so your latest submission of the DS260 will probably be around Jan of next year - plenty of time to wait and get more info on how the process works.

Hi Britsimon. Wonderful work and keep going. Spouse double trouble! Never mind that i have participate since 2000.Thinks gc a bad idea. Am thinking of going if-and i pray so, all goes well i am planning of going alone and facilitating her way( a must for principal to go first right?) return to be with kids, she goes, makes up her mind then kids and i follow. Too much resources down but what to do?

Hello people,
I still need help/advice, i have asked this before but am now making it more specific;
My wife and I adopted a child without any legal documents, the mother of the kid happens to be our relative but the father is unknown. The mother requested us to take up the child as our own and bring him up in a family setting. We took up this child and the child's documents like birth certificate, baptism card, passport, etc are in our names as parents. The Immunization card however is in the mother's name. When applying for DV, we included this child but now we are wondering how to go about this situation during interviews. We have three biological children and this child perfectly fits in as our 3rd born hence a total of 4kids. Kindly advise us on how to prepare for interviews. If we remain silent and they ask for DNA wont it affect us negatively? If we choose to disclose, how do we go about the documents above which are in our names as parents? Many Thanks.

Hello people,
I still need help/advice, i have asked this before but am now making it more specific;
My wife and I adopted a child without any legal documents, the mother of the kid happens to be our relative but the father is unknown. The mother requested us to take up the child as our own and bring him up in a family setting. We took up this child and the child's documents like birth certificate, baptism card, passport, etc are in our names as parents. The Immunization card however is in the mother's name. When applying for DV, we included this child but now we are wondering how to go about this situation during interviews. We have three biological children and this child perfectly fits in as our 3rd born hence a total of 4kids. Kindly advise us on how to prepare for interviews. If we remain silent and they ask for DNA wont it affect us negatively? If we choose to disclose, how do we go about the documents above which are in our names as parents? Many Thanks.
This will pose a challenge especially if the co(the guy interviewing you) asks the child if your his or her parents then she/he says no you will be disqualified from ever entering the us coz it will look like child trafficking.
Best thing to do is adopt the child legaly according to the laws of your country and he/she is to young to say anything and all other documents have your last name i dont think they will ask for immunization card.
but the medicals am not sure if they will ask..........
but if you have a high cn best start the adoption process now......just in case the real dad shows up.

This will pose a challenge especially if the co(the guy interviewing you) asks the child if your his or her parents then she/he says no you will be disqualified from ever entering the us coz it will look like child trafficking.
Best thing to do is adopt the child legaly according to the laws of your country and he/she is to young to say anything and all other documents have your last name i dont think they will ask for immunization card.
but the medicals am not sure if they will ask..........
but if you have a high cn best start the adoption process now......just in case the real dad shows up.
Thanks for the advice, the child is 6years and has no idea we are not the real parents.

Hello people,
Expedite the child's legal adoption and gather all documents showing a track record of you guys being his parents, so that the official date of adoption is not seen as suspicious.

Thanks a lot Britsimon.

i think its best to wait for your 2nl since their is a high chance they will ask for it.i think what they meant since the 2nl is sent 6 to 4 weeks from the interview date then the duration at which the medicals are valid until you go for your interview.then their is a small chance that your interview might be pushed to January depending on when you submitted your form and if you asked them to reopen it.

Why would the CO ask a child if the people he/she is with are his/her parents?

You cannot adopt a child that (according to the paperwork mentioned) is already your child.

I must point out that attending an immigration interview with forged documents is extremely serious and would end badly.

Hello people,

Mom, what's your advice in this circumstance?

Like we told you before, I honestly do not think there will be an issue with the CO. You included the child on your eDV application, documents proving your relationship with the child (such as B/C and passport) are in your name. Now of course there is the issue of the immunization card which is in the birth mother's name. I expect the nurse in charge of registration to question why the last name on the immunization card is different from that on your 2NL and the child's passport, and that can easily be explained by you telling the truth - which is the child is adopted hence the immunization card was issued with the birth mother's name. I don't expect the nurse or the doctor to request to see adoption papers. You just need to check and cross check that the medical records that will be sent back to the embassy is listed with your last name, and one of the ways you can do that is to confirm the the child's form is filled with your last name.

I see no reason why the CO would request for a DNA test! Not unless you and the rest of your family are used to treating the child different from the way you treat your biological kids. One of the things they do at the interview is to quietly observe how family members are relating to one another while waiting to be called up to meet the CO. The people that often fail this observation test are those with some kind of arranged marriages or those trying to claim a child that was not previously listed, and if the CO suspects a couple with a child is behaving in an odd way, then they request for a DNA. I see no reason why a DNA test would be requested in your case.

Like we told you before, I honestly do not think there will be an issue with the CO. You included the child on your eDV application, documents proving your relationship with the child (such as B/C and passport) are in your name. Now of course there is the issue of the immunization card which is in the birth mother's name. I expect the nurse in charge of registration to question why the last name on the immunization card is different from that on your 2NL and the child's passport, and that can easily be explained by you telling the truth - which is the child is adopted hence the immunization card was issued with the birth mother's name. I don't expect the nurse or the doctor to request to see adoption papers. You just need to check and cross check that the medical records that will be sent back to the embassy is listed with your last name, and one of the ways you can do that is to confirm the the child's form is filled with your last name.

I see no reason why the CO would request for a DNA test! Not unless you and the rest of your family are used to treating the child different from the way you treat your biological kids. One of the things they do at the interview is to quietly observe how family members are relating to one another while waiting to be called up to meet the CO. The people that often fail this observation test are those with some kind of arranged marriages or those trying to claim a child that was not previously listed, and if the CO suspects a couple with a child is behaving in an odd way, then they request for a DNA. I see no reason why a DNA test would be requested in your case.
i think when doing the medicals it will come up considering the fact that he will be presenting a document with a biological mother so if at all the guys doing the medical observe that the mother is not the real mother during medicals they can include this in the report which is usually sealed and presented to the co without you knowing whats inside it.
in other words the immunization card will create problems. but at the end of the day do your own research carefully and be honest and have legal documents because anything can happen .it has ever happened to someone before where the father of the child heard that the mother was going and he went to the embassy to report that the kid was going without his knowledge and the woman's visa was cancelled so trend wisely and carefully.

The legal documents all show them as parents. It's not the job of the doctor to ask for custody documentation.
Also, do you personally know the woman whose visa was cancelled you talk about? Or was it something you heard from someone who claimed to have heard it? Because it sounds contrary to procedure to cancel her visa; if you had said they just cancelled the kid's visa, that would be more believable.

it has ever happened to someone before where the father of the child heard that the mother was going and he went to the embassy to report that the kid was going without his knowledge and the woman's visa was cancelled so trend wisely and carefully.

Is this a story you heard of or you personally know of the woman this happened to?