• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Winners Meet Here

Hello guys, my number is SA 125X. I sent the form on February 10, do you think I will be called for the interview or I sent the form too late to be called?

Hi Britsimon , hope you are doing good

My case was under AP , I just checked case status and finally i found a reply in the embassy website :

( We are pleased to inform you that your immigration case is ready for issuance. You may bring your passport(s) to the Embassy any Sunday or Tuesday at 1:30 p.m., excluding holidays. In most cases, the visa will be ready for pick-up in 4 to 7 days. Embassy staff will provide further details when you drop off your passport(s).

The administrative processing on your file has been completed. However, a visa number may not be available for your file within this month.

Please note: if you do not send your passport immediately, a visa number may not be available for your file within this month.

Please check the Department of State’s current Visa Bulletin at Visa Bulletin for information about visa availability for your visa category. )

WHAT dose it mean "visa number not available within this month" ?

My case was under AP , I just checked case status and finally i found a reply in the embassy website :

( We are pleased to inform you that your immigration case is ready for issuance. You may bring your passport(s) to the Embassy any Sunday or Tuesday at 1:30 p.m., excluding holidays. In most cases, the visa will be ready for pick-up in 4 to 7 days. Embassy staff will provide further details when you drop off your passport(s).

The administrative processing on your file has been completed. However, a visa number may not be available for your file within this month.

Please note: if you do not send your passport immediately, a visa number may not be available for your file within this month.

Please check the Department of State’s current Visa Bulletin at Visa Bulletin for information about visa availability for your visa category. )

Congratulation mradel,

the embassy have limited visa number in each month.
by example is embassy have 500 visa number,and get clearance about 510 case,the extra case 10 case must wait until next month for visa number .
Dont worry ,email to embassy and ask to time for deliverying the passport.

hi guys, am from Liberia, Africa. My wife and son won the DV 2015 and i wasn't part of the original entry but got added since we married after she played. Right now we are really nervous since our number is AF00081XXX, which seem relatively high. Should we still be hopeful? And if so, when di we expect an interview?

Dear Simon,

After interview some case going to AP until become clear,during this period there is two reference for seek the process
1-ceac website
2-embassy web site or send email to emabassy

so this year we saw that the DV case are in NVC( National Visa Center) ,by text at NVC in ceac site.

My question is : is possible to call NVC after interview for following the AP process by NVC immigrant call center?

Dear Simon,

After interview some case going to AP until become clear,during this period there is two reference for seek the process
1-ceac website

so this year we saw that the DV case are in NVC( National Visa Center) ,by text at NVC in ceac site.

My question is : is possible to call NVC after interview for following the AP process by NVC immigrant call center?
Good question
Waiting for Britsimon' answer :)

Dear Simon,

1-ceac website

Forget NVC. They have no part of the DV process. KCC control the process until they send the file to the embassy - you deal with the embassy from then on.

Forget NVC. They have no part of the DV process. KCC control the process until they send the file to the embassy - you deal with the embassy from then on.
Thank a lot,I asked just for when your case transfered from KCC to Embassy ,and you want to unlock the form,KCC say that your case transferred to embassy ,in other hand embassy work with NVC! :confused:
Solved :DV winner don't have NVC number! they have KCC number! ;) oops confused ! but what is the AAXXXXX number in confirmation page ! :confused:

in some nonimmigrant visa ,the person contact NVC for AP detail!
the phone number is: 0016033340700

Last edited:

Congratulation mradel,

the embassy have limited visa number in each month.
by example is embassy have 500 visa number,and get clearance about 510 case,the extra case 10 case must wait until next month for visa number .
Dont worry ,email to embassy and ask to time for deliverying the passport.

Utopias answer is not accurate. The embassy don't have an allocation each month at all. Here is how it works.

When each case is sent to an embassy it is preallocated with a visa - so if approved the embassy can just issue the visa(s) for the case. Then at the end of the month the embassy has to account for the cases it was sent that month - this data then feeds in to the VB process. I don't think the embassy has control of its own allocation - the cases are accounted for individually. However, if the case is on AP the end of month process means the case loses its pre-allocated visa. In that case, once the AP is resolved the embassy has to go back to KCC to get a visa reallocated to the case. This can cause issues - especially during the last months of the process, because the last pre-allocations are made in July - so the AP cases in August and September rely on denials. However, this early on in the process - the re-allocation of a visa to a clearing AP case should not be a problem .

Utopias answer is not accurate. The embassy don't have an allocation each month at all. Here is how it works.

When each case is sent to an embassy it is preallocated with a visa - so if approved the embassy can just issue the visa(s) for the case. Then at the end of the month the embassy has to account for the cases it was sent that month - this data then feeds in to the VB process. I don't think the embassy has control of its own allocation - the cases are accounted for individually. However, if the case is on AP the end of month process means the case loses its pre-allocated visa. In that case, once the AP is resolved the embassy has to go back to KCC to get a visa reallocated to the case. This can cause issues - especially during the last months of the process, because the last pre-allocations are made in July - so the AP cases in August and September rely on denials. However, this early on in the process - the re-allocation of a visa to a clearing AP case should not be a problem .

Yes ,is very accurate :)

Dear All, I am new to this blog please i wish to when i should expect a 2NL my case number is AF395xx and i submitted my ds-260 on 29 dec 2014. pls i also wish to know how the letter of affidavit is and is it obligatory. thanks for your help

Hi. I just opened the ds 260 to add my new spouse. May I also change other information? For example my current address because I moved to his place after we got married? Thank you

Dear all

As my interview getting close is anyone here have a templete for a letter where The company consider transfer me to the US branch ....I want to get this letter to sign from my company , and present it i. The interview .

Thanks in advance

Dear all

As my interview getting close is anyone here have a templete for a letter where The company consider transfer me to the US branch ....I want to get this letter to sign from my company , and present it i. The interview .

Thanks in advance

A letter like that would come from the company - if it is a real offer - you don't have to tell them what to say!

A letter like that would come from the company - if it is a real offer - you don't have to tell them what to say!

I though maybe there will be a type ....wether it is a letter say that will consider to transfer me incase i can offer letter , or a normal offer letter ...anyway i will ask tommorow and see the result

Last edited by a moderator: