• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV-2015 winners from Asia with CN 10,000+

New data analysed with BritSimon June 12 data

View attachment 541

I noticed your Nepal number of visas issued is higher than the visas issued. You are counting family members on issued cases, which would mean that if one family member on a case were refused, on AP, ready etc your analysis would count them as issued. For Nepal that is only a small issue (you overstate by around 25), but you doing the same thing for the Iranian AP cases. That skews things a bit since there are 127 people on AP where the principal is in another status. For example, there are 97 AP cases where the principal is already issued.

I think overall the trends for AP processing you highlight are probably correct, but you are missing quite a significant percentage of AP cases, and overstating the issued numbers.

Further, talking about the AP trends, from your numbers it almost looks like there are two levels of Iranian AP - those that resolve in a couple of months and those that take 4 to 5 months. That is an interesting finding - as it could suggest two types of AP - perhaps based on which risk factors they have and what type of checks are required as a consequence.

It tells me to fill out myDS-260 form and i did and got my confirmation but my case is not current yet i am hopping sept will bring me the luck and my question is since i live in Syria and due to the war issue organizing my documents will take longer than the usual time so I thought that knowing what documents I need when they inform me about my interview would help me to process them early . Have not read about the documents in the instructions

It tells me to fill out myDS-260 form and i did and got my confirmation but my case is not current yet i am hopping sept will bring me the luck and my question is since i live in Syria and due to the war issue organizing my documents will take longer than the usual time so I thought that knowing what documents I need when they inform me about my interview would help me to process them early . Have not read about the documents in the instructions
Hi! I'm Syrian too. Where will you have your interview?
Of course, the major issue for us now is to become current in the first place. Good luck!

i live in Syria and due to the war issue organizing my documents will take longer than the usual time so I thought that knowing what documents I need when they inform me about my interview would help me to process them early . Have not read about the documents in the instructions

Well - that suggests you have not read the instructions properly, which has the potential to cause you other problems too, especially if you are only interviewing in September and don't have time to waste. Did you see the link from your first selection letter? Did you follow the link, and all the pages that you can through that, including the country specific information? I can't really see how you missed the documents if you read the link and I worry that you missed something else important.

Hi! I'm Syrian too. Where will you have your interview?
Of course, the major issue for us now is to become current in the first place. Good luck!
My interview will be in Amman.Yes the main issue is if we ever get current and as you know we are at a big risk now with high case numbers for ROA.. We need a big push. Wish you best of luck as well

Ok I read the part regarding preparing supporting-documents. Being single with no previous marriages and also being the only son for my family I only need ..
Required DV Qualifying Education From my university
Birth Certificates
Military Records
Police Records
It tells me nothing about the health certificat and when to pay my fees and from reading some posts I am guessing these will be required when I am scheduled for an interview
Am I right regarding the documents

when I log in to my DS260
Summary Information

Before we can process your Diversity Visa application, each applicant in your case must complete Form DS-260, the Online Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application. To access the online form, click on the link to the right of an applicant's name below, under the "IV Application" heading.

If a person in your family is not listed below, click the “Add Applicant” button to add him or her. Derivative applicants for the DV program include spouses or children under the age of 21 who meet the requirements of U.S. immigration law. Filling out an application does not guarantee that an individual will qualify as a derivative in your case. This can only be decided by a consular officer at your visa interview.

If you have any questions, please contact the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) by email (kccdv@state.gov) or by phone (Public Inquiry Phone Number 606-526-7500 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. EDT Monday – Friday).

I have the cou form filled out with confirmation letter and it tells me that it was completed ..the only thing i am asking about the civil documents as it shows as NA also the fees

when I log in to my DS260
Summary Information

Before we can process your Diversity Visa application, each applicant in your case must complete Form DS-260, the Online Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application. To access the online form, click on the link to the right of an applicant's name below, under the "IV Application" heading.

If a person in your family is not listed below, click the “Add Applicant” button to add him or her. Derivative applicants for the DV program include spouses or children under the age of 21 who meet the requirements of U.S. immigration law. Filling out an application does not guarantee that an individual will qualify as a derivative in your case. This can only be decided by a consular officer at your visa interview.

If you have any questions, please contact the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) by email (kccdv@state.gov) or by phone (Public Inquiry Phone Number 606-526-7500 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. EDT Monday – Friday).

I have the cou form filled out with confirmation letter and it tells me that it was completed ..the only thing i am asking about the civil documents as it shows as NA also the fees
Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application Confirmation
Thank You
Your Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application (DS-260) was sent to the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC) for review.

Next Steps
All Diversity Visa applicants must:

1. Obtain required supporting civil documents.
  2. Obtain photographs that meet the Department of State’s visa requirements.
  3. Review the information specific to the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General where your visa interview will occur.

You do not need to submit any documentation to the Kentucky Consular Center. The KCC will review your application and will notify you if any of the information you have provided is insufficient or incomplete. Your DS-260 application will be kept on file with KCC until a visa number is available for you and your case can be scheduled. When your case is scheduled, the KCC will send you an email message directing you to log into the Entrant Status Check (ESC) website for further instructions.

If you would like to change your interview location, you must contact the Kentucky Consular Center by sending an e-mail to (KCCDV@state.gov) before your interview is scheduled. Your e-mail must include your name and case number, and must clearly indicate where you would like to be interviewed. Please note that once you have an appointment, you must contact the consular section where you have been scheduled in order to request a change. It may not be possible to change the location of your interview after you have been scheduled.
Click to review requirements

Ok I read the part regarding preparing supporting-documents. Being single with no previous marriages and also being the only son for my family I only need ..
Required DV Qualifying Education From my university
Birth Certificates
Military Records
Police Records
It tells me nothing about the health certificat and when to pay my fees and from reading some posts I am guessing these will be required when I am scheduled for an interview
Am I right regarding the documents

Your interview letter should have the information about scheduling the medical. Fees are paid at the embassy on day of interview.
Your list of documents looks right. Did you follow the "reciprocity by country" link to see if there is any info specific to Syria you need to be aware of?

Any hope still for AS10000+? Please don't answer "Wait and See" ;-)
If you are hoping for @Britsimon 's answer, one of the other expressions I learnt from the admiral is "the ship has sailed".
"Wait and see" comment is the "money for an old robe". By asking the ubiquitous question you are "pulling a leg" of the captain who "abandoned" the ship, and you are likely get a "wet fish" in your "spotty face".