• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Selectees from Ghana

Pls hw do i write to the embassy to enquire about my interview. Becos is now 5 month since i sent my details

Yours was a DV2016 case - correct? It sounds like you left it too late to provide the details they needed. DV2016 is now closed and no visas can be issued for DV2016.

My friend is a winner and his is 2017 we send d information details on 20th August 2016 till now

Ahhh I see - this is another case. By sending the details - I assume you mean submitting the DS260. Because of the late submission there has been a delay. Assuming he is current, he might get scheduled for interview in March, or possibly April. February interviews we scheduled for people who had submitted up to late July.

Actually, it is an unconsummated proxy marriage that is not considered valid for immigration purpose. A proxy marriage that gets consummated after the proxy ceremony is considered valid and eligible for an IV

9FAM 40.1 N1.3 (p.2):
http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/86920.pdf
1.So if u are denied based on date of birth, where would the CO circle .
2. A change in the day and month of birth, and a change in the year of of birth, which among these is serious.

Actually, it is an unconsummated proxy marriage that is not considered valid for immigration purpose. A proxy marriage that gets consummated after the proxy ceremony is considered valid and eligible for an IV

9FAM 40.1 N1.3 (p.2):
http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/86920.pdf
2. A change in the day and month of birth, and a change in the year of of birth, which among these is more serious.

2. A change in the day and month of birth, and a change in the year of of birth, which among these is more serious.

So what is the correlation between my 2015 post regarding proxy marriage and your D.O.B inquiry? I’m trying to understand why that post is quoted.

Have you been denied due to wrong D.O.B selection? Where the CO circles or whic is more serious is immaterial IMO. We know the COs is Ghana do not hesitate in issuing a denial once there’s some form of discrepancy between the eDV registration information and the information on the DS260 form and/or supporting documents.

2. A change in the day and month of birth, and a change in the year of of birth, which among these is serious.

What? The CO doesn't have to "circle" anything.
as for 2, they are all equally serious, they all mean that you cannot match your application to your birth certificate/passport, and all have been used in the past as attempts to circumvent the entry rules.

So what is the correlation between my 2015 post regarding proxy marriage and your D.O.B inquiry? I’m trying to understand why that post is quoted.

Have you been denied due to wrong D.O.B selection? Where the CO circles or whic is more serious is immaterial IMO. We know the COs is Ghana do not hesitate in issuing a denial once there’s some form of discrepancy between the eDV registration information and the information on the DS260 form and/or supporting documents.[/QUOTE
I have not been refused based on date of birth but I saw a denial letter and the CO has circled "misrepresentation of material fact."
But the lady said she doesn't understand it and I don't know whether it refers date of birth or what??
Beside i personally wanted to know the different between "misrepresentation of material facts and refusal to follow rules and regulations "