• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Selectees from Ghana

yes sir i do agree but then what do u think i can do to get this issue settle.
There are two things you can do::
1. You can follow this link to visit a local USCIS office.
https://www.uscis.gov/news/fact-sheets/your-guide-infopass

2. Call USCIS Customer Service at 1-800-375-5283 or 1-800-767-1833 (for hearing
impaired).
To get forms, visit the USCIS website or call the USCIS Forms Line at
1-800-870-3676

If you gonna call, make sure you have your case number ready. Sometimes they do request the principal applicant speaks with them.
My wife's resident card delayed too so we had to call them and they told us to expect it within two weeks. Just contact them and let them know what's going on.
You will be fine.

Please if a DV winner gives birth either BEFORE the interview or AFTER the interview, what will be the state of the child with regards to the child also getting a green card? Will the child be allowed to travel with the parents to the US? I am asking this question because the details of the unborn child couldn’t be added to the names of derivatives in the first application.
Please help…..thank you.

Please if a DV winner gives birth either BEFORE the interview or AFTER the interview, what will be the state of the child with regards to the child also getting a green card? Will the child be allowed to travel with the parents to the US? I am asking this question because the details of the unborn child couldn’t be added to the names of derivatives in the first application.
Please help…..thank you.

If a selectee gives birth before the interview has been scheduled, contact KCC and request for your DS-260 form to be unlocked so that you can add the baby's information to your DS-260 form and to submit a separate form for the baby.

If the selectee gives birth after the interview has been scheduled and before the interview takes place, contact your applicable embassy for guidance/for them to unlock the DS 260 form for the baby's information to be added as above.

If the selectee gives birth after the interview has taken place, the child is supposed to be allowed to travel to the US with the parents, the child's GC will be processed at the POE. However, it's not unusual for some airlines to refuse to carry the baby, because they're not aware the baby doesn't need a visa in such a situation. So it's always a good idea to contact the embassy and request a letter of transportation to be presented to the airlines in such a situation.

If they baby was had prior to the interview and you did not add the baby at the time of your interview, you have an entirely different problem on your hands.

If a selectee gives birth before the interview has been scheduled, contact KCC and request for your DS-260 form to be unlocked so that you can add the baby's information to your DS-260 form and to submit a separate form for the baby.

If the selectee gives birth after the interview has been scheduled and before the interview takes place, contact your applicable embassy for guidance/for them to unlock the DS 260 form for the baby's information to be added as above.

If the selectee gives birth after the interview has taken place, the child is supposed to be allowed to travel to the US with the parents, the child's GC will be processed at the POE. However, it's not unusual for some airlines to refuse to carry the baby, because they're not aware the baby doesn't need a visa in such a situation. So it's always a good idea to contact the embassy and request a letter of transportation to be presented to the airlines in such a situation.

If they baby was had prior to the interview and you did not add the baby at the time of your interview, you have an entirely different problem on your hands.

Wow....thanks so much for the explanation. It's much clearer now.

Can someone help me, I got E8 in Maths, C5 in English,D7 in Science ,B2 in Social,E8 in Econs,D7 in lit,B3 both in Gov't and History. cAN THIS HELP ME GET MY dvlottery visa without being denied that visa?
Am I good to go through the interview without any problem?

And If I had selected some universities courses but do not have the degree now, can I still use my WASSCE results and add my transcript to it?or use my WASSCE ONLY?

Can someone help me, I got E8 in Maths, C5 in English,D7 in Science ,B2 in Social,E8 in Econs,D7 in lit,B3 both in Gov't and History. cAN THIS HELP ME GET MY dvlottery visa without being denied that visa?
Am I good to go through the interview without any problem?
I feel only F9 is fail, once you did not fail in any major subject, I think you are good to go.

And If I had selected some universities courses but do not have the degree now, can I still use my WASSCE results and add my transcript to it?or use my WASSCE ONLY?
Go with any document you have, (transcript, school ID, introductory letter from department, etc). that is what I did last year. I went with everything I had. some were rejected but most important is I had the visa

@ Papagiel, once you got your wassce cert, you are good to go! But it will be prudent as Thowa said to add any relevant documents that can prove that you are in the university.eg admission letter, transcripts and even ur students id.

With regards to your grades, it should not have been a problem since at least you didnt fail in any of the subjects but in dealing with the embassy in Ghana, everything is possible. So just prepare very well for the interview but also be prepared for anything.
Good luck bro.

A friend's account..
We went early but our interview was very late,it started around 12:30. De first person was called n he was denied,de second person were couple n they were ask to bring enough proof,the third person was also denied, the Fourth person who happen to be a lady was also denied,I was called and this was my interview experience.
Co: we are sorry for the delay,raise your and swear to tell the truth

Me: no problem,I promise to tell the truth

CO: Are u married
ME: xxx

CO: Do u have kids
ME:xxx

CO: which year did u complete school

CO:which subject did u perform most

CO:what did u get in that subject

CO:who taught u the subject

CO:tell me samtin about him

CO:tell me about English

CO:how was you wassce examination

CO:tell me about science

CO:which subject do u like best

CO:tell me about the subject

CO:have u joined any club in shs

CO:which role did u play

CO:why were u given that position

CO:eek:kay am going to issue you a visa.......

A friend's account..
We went early but our interview was very late,it started around 12:30. De first person was called n he was denied,de second person were couple n they were ask to bring enough proof,the third person was also denied, the Fourth person who happen to be a lady was also denied,I was called and this was my interview experience.
Co: we are sorry for the delay,raise your and swear to tell the truth

Me: no problem,I promise to tell the truth

CO: Are u married

CO: Do u have kids

CO: which year did u complete school

CO:which subject did u perform most

CO:what did u get in that subject

CO:who taught u the subject

CO:tell me samtin about him

CO:tell me about English

CO:how was you wassce examination

CO:tell me about science

CO:which subject do u like best

CO:tell me about the subject

CO:have u joined any club in shs

CO:which role did u play

CO:why were u given that position

CO:eek:kay am going to issue you a visa.......

Whew, congrats to your friend...must have been a bit nervous after all those denials. Did your friend happen to hear what the reasons for the denials were?

Not really. I guess they were so disappointed that they couldnt wait to explain things to the others. It was only the other couples who were asked to bring better and further particulars

Not selected this year. I blew up my 2015 chance. But hope all the guys who made it to the states are enjoying their stay? Thowa I see you