• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Selectees from Ghana

big ups F-Lan where ever you are. Citizen k, how is NJ? How is work overthere treating you?

I'm great oo.. NJ is really a nice place to live and work if u're the laid back type. I live in Somerset and it's really quiet and peaceful here. U just have to own a car to get along, otherwise hmmm. Time is everything here that's why some of us don't contribute as often as we wld like to. But overall there are opportunities if u willing to take the long route. There's no easy route to success. Don't expect miracles here cos there's none. You have to work really hard to make it trust me. Good luck to everyone on this forum.

I'm great oo.. NJ is really a nice place to live and work if u're the laid back type. I live in Somerset and it's really quiet and peaceful here. U just have to own a car to get along, otherwise hmmm. Time is everything here that's why some of us don't contribute as often as we wld like to. But overall there are opportunities if u willing to take the long route. There's no easy route to success. Don't expect miracles here cos there's none. You have to work really hard to make it trust me. Good luck to everyone on this forum.
hard work and smart work is the key to success irrespective of one's resident. Believe it or not, there ARE miracle everywhere as long as you believe. it is like you asking there are miracles in GH but no miracles in USA!

Last edited:
I thought Citizen K was saying something like, "don't espect the land of milk and honey, you need to work for it".. For those who think all you need is a green card and you can get rich easily, like some seem to. Nothing about Ghana.

Smh isn't it strange how you try to say one thing and ppl completely put it in a different context?? If u wana believe in miracles and expect manna to fall from the sky once u enter USA that's your business. But don't misinterpret what I say.. Simple !!
i am sorry if you think i have misrepresented you. what I meant to say is that hard work and smart work is all that is needed to be successful whether in Ghana, Usa or anywhere.

Hello everyone, I have a job that keeps me busy from Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm and I am the only employee on this job. What can I do to follow up my paper work easily? i.e compiling the documentations required for my interview easily as some documents may require that I travel to other cities different from where I am working e.g the police cert, medicals etc. Thanks for any advice.

Last edited:
Hello everyone, I have a job that keeps me busy from Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm and I am the only employee on this job. What can I do to follow up my paper work easily? i.e compiling the documentations required for my interview easily as some documents may require that I travel to other cities different from where I am working e.g the police cert, medicals etc. Thanks for any advice.
where is your work place? if your work is close to the police hq then try go there during break time although they will surely be on break too but you will meet someone here who might help u . i think one of the medical centers have a vip service on weekends but i am not 100% sure.

Last edited:
Hello everyone, I have a job that keeps me busy from Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm and I am the only employee on this job. What can I do to follow up my paper work easily? i.e compiling the documentations required for my interview easily as some documents may require that I travel to other cities different from where I am working e.g the police cert. Thanks for any advice.
İ am sure you take sick leave when you fall sick, or dont you? İ appreciate your committment for work but remember this chance might not come again.
Holy Trinity works on saturday. but for police cert & interview since there is no proxy issue here, you have to get time for it.

thanks for your response my man, i really enjoyed every comment you made on this platform will love to hear more from you when you get time. We all hope to join you soon.

İ am sure you take sick leave when you fall sick, or dont you? İ appreciate your committment for work but remember this chance might not come again.
Holy Trinity works on saturday. but for police cert & interview since there is no proxy issue here, you have to get time for it.
hehehehehe. masa some people do not go on sick leave ooo and some like me are workaholic :). truly speaking this chance might not come again so Nester Mike, make way:D

If a US visa is really important to you, then you ought to treat it with an EXTREME SENSE OF URGENCY it deserves. There is always a way...

aiguo, does the rescheduled appoinment from the embassy has a resemblance with that of kcc? And was it communicated through email?

aiguo, does the rescheduled appoinment from the embassy has a resemblance with that of kcc? And was it communicated through email?
just an email then you will be told to show this email at the check point. i think the check point have a record sheet of those who are scheduled which they will cross check.

guys i missed ma appointment and am struggling to get a reschedule, so please be careful with ur appointments incase u are scheduled by kcc, i didnt recieve the nofication mail from kcc and that was all i knew by then, so when i coinsidentally saw ma 2nl on the esc ma date was passed. if i was aware abt this forum earlier this shdnt have happend to me. citizen k also didnt recieve a notification mail ba he made it bcos he knew abt the process. all the best to all forum members, those who await their 2nl pls relly on the esc more than ur emails. thnks

what happens if you miss your interview date?..is it over then?
what should you see if ur application is current?
what will you see at the ESC when you are scheduled for interview.?

İ sent an email to KCC 2 days ago and Just got this email from them.

An interview for this case has
been scheduled at the
American Consulate/
Embassy of Accra on May 12,
2015. You will receive a
notification letter by email
within the next 7-10 days,
from noreply@state.gov.
Once you receive the letter,
you will be able to log into
http://
www.dvlottery.state.gov to