• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Selectees from Ghana

I'm not saying providing this information was a bad idea. My response has to do with the misleading idea that KCC may be able to make changes to the eDV registration previously submitted - a misleading information we've seen @De Don posted in this forum (and I think is being spread all over Ghana by agents too).

The eDV registration is a Record of Information which KCC cannot change. However, the updated information provided on the DS-form is equally combined as part of the Record and used as need be.

100% agreed. KCC have never ever changed any of the information on the eDV and that is why in years past people also got disqualified for conflicting info in eDV and DS forms, despite false claims by certain people.

Oh ok. But I think you should also know that if KCC was able to use the new email I provided in sending the notification then something must have been tampered with on the edv cos it states clearly that they will send it through the initial email you provided. one software operates all. Mail merge.

Again, this is the misleading information I'm cautioning against. There's no such thing as "tampering" with the information on the eDV registration. There are rules put in place governing how they operate. The information you provided on the eDV registration is an "official record". There are rules in place governing how official records are handled!

Also, there's no such thing as mail merge or one software operating all as far as KCC is concerned. If you're so confident of what you're saying, I challenge you to log into the ESC site with your new email address and try to retrieve your interview letter since you're certain a "mail merge" must have occurred in order for them to send your 2NL to your new email address.

Oh ok. But I think you should also know that if KCC was able to use the new email I provided in sending the notification then something must have been tampered with on the edv cos it states clearly that they will send it through the initial email you provided. one software operates all. Mail merge.

No-one "tampered" with the entry and I would be pretty certain that a copy of the email was sent to the original email as well. From what someone else said in a different thread, it sounds like KCC have started adding the DS260 contact details partly to help people get around agents as the original email is usually the agent when they are involved. It could also be , quite simply, that with the DS now electronic it is also just easier to add the new info to the cases where applicable.

Kcc drop zone was 5th October for the 2nl's. Hoping the next letters to be realized will go further months ahead. as it stands now, the processing is slow due to the electronic forms ds260...we hope for a better tomorrow.

Someone from EU did not get 2nl with 1 october submission date, i don't know how it is possible. At first, i thought as 5 october drop zone too.

CN: AF134XX✔
DS-260 Completed: 05 octobre ✔
Unlock date: 28th-OCT
2nd NL Received:24 February✔
Interview Location : 05 Chemin Cheikh Bachir
Ibrahimi ALGIERS✔
Interview date: April 05, 2015 08:30 AM ✔
Interview result: (NotYet)✔

I agree, just wondering how 1 october not getting but 5 october .. It could differ from one zone to another maybe.

I have explained this many times. AAll cases submitted on one day might start processing at the same time - but they might take different time to process based on the complexities of the case, the countries where the selectee has lived, and so on.

That does not mean KCC changed the email address on your eDV. They simply used the updated information you provided on your DS-260 form. It's important to understand what's going on in order to not provide other people with misleading information.
yes we also change the email address on our eDV and we provided new one on the DS-260 form ,2nl letter was sent to the new email address

yes we also change the email address on our eDV and we provided new one on the DS-260 form ,2nl letter was sent to the new email address

Again, no. You did not "change" the email address on your eDV!!! What you did was provide a new email address on your DS-260 form, that is to say you provided updated information on your DS-260 form by changing/providing a new email address. The email address previously provided on the eDV remains unchanged. You guys need to make sure you're using the correct terms or people might be misled! It is not possible to change the information on the submitted eDV registration form, you can however update your information on the DS form if selected.