• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Selectees from Ghana

No, it is a Caribbean country that would not be of little significance to the big countries but...it does not matter. I qualify for Canada, which is way better than going to America. If I win or not it does not matter right now when I would have read all those things one have to deal with. No offense!

The question was because the system sounded similar to what an Albanian person - who was denied - described.

No offense taken! Different strokes for different folks ...I can see why Canada appeals to many people, and yes it's much easier to get in there, but ther are also many people who have their own valid reasons for not wanting to go there!

Am really scared now. So does it mean those of us who are holding only high school certificates are not safe? We even have to face the second world war(Nov/Dec) in order to get the necessary passes. Want to know if someone could not make the necessary passes at school but had to rewrite the papers again in order to get the passes can be denied on the basses that he did not make it the first time at school?

It's different for each country.

this whole dv process is something ooo. i dnt realy know if i shd proceed in case am selected

Did you enter yourself?
Are all the details on the entry form correct?
Do you meet the high school requirement?
If so no problem.
The process is actually quite simple, certainly the simplest way to immigrate to any country. It only gets complicated when people use agents, don't read the instructions properly, or don't check eligibility properly.

Did you enter yourself?
Are all the details on the entry form correct?
Do you meet the high school requirement?
If so no problem.
The process is actually quite simple, certainly the simplest way to immigrate to any country. It only gets complicated when people use agents, don't read the instructions properly, or don't check eligibility properly.
i entered it my self. for myself and ny husband and i must say it was easy. the information i provided is correct. my only problem is the way pple are refused in,ghana. the other problem is with my high sch cert, i did nt pass the secondary sch one but wrote nov/dec and passed all so i will use the nov dec one becos i failed the the one i wrote in sch. i dnt know whether dis will be a problem shd i be selected. i realy wish i will be selected but after reading the messages here am a bit discouraged

Want clarification. My wife who is the principal applicant failed in her sssce final waec exams but wrote in the nov/dec exams and passesd all after 10yrs of trying. Can she be denied on the bases that she failed at school?

@Asomdwee Wura sorry bro. i guess i have to give up now because i happen to have the same problem with the name odder arrangement and it might surly end

this actually suck @Asomdwee Wura sorry buddy. i guess i have to give up now because i happen to have the same problem with the name order arrangement thing, moreover i don't have one of my names on my school certificates it only appears on my birth cert. and passport and i might surly end refused too. thinking about the monetary aspect ahead; paused.... am at a cross road, a bit skeptical i haven't done my medicals yet and and my interview is on 26th may. ive given up everything just to pursue this dream but it looks like i have made a mistake which of cause i may soon live to regret, worried about my family and future .Wish i met you guys before even thinking of making my first submission. thanks for being a family
man you still can give it a try but if u are certain you want to abudant th case thn pls inform th embassy through mail. Bcos applicants on waitlist cld be fix in that slot

GOD WILLING! COME TUESDAY MAY 5TH I WILL BE A WINNER!!!
Sm1smom be ready for me! I want to literally hire you to guide me.

From what am we are learning here, it means when your name is sandra akonor on school cert and passport and birth certificate name is sandra Amponsah akonor, when selected is it going to affect me. Please educate me on this

Last edited:
From what am we are learning here, it means when your name is sandra akonor on school cert and passport and birth certificate name is sandra Amponsah akonor, when selected is it going to affect me. Please educate me on this

School certificate is not an official identification so doesn't matter. It's not clear to me from how you wrote that if your passport and birth certificate are different from each other?

birth certificate is primary document, passport is secondary. both documents must have same name.

If birth certificate and entry name is the same - no problem.
If passport name is the same - no problem.
If passport name is different, surely the person can get a new passport using the birth certificate for correct name - some hassle, but no problem for US as names will all be the same.
If entry name different from birth certificate and passport - there is the problem.

Sorry if im sounding like a doom prophet. Unless a miracle happens, this case is a complete denial. Im sorry

Ok i get you. Den lets hope she used what was on the birth cert and passport.

If the passport leaves out the middle name she can surely use the birth certificate to get a corrected version to present. So the key thing actually is that the entry matches the name on the birth certificate.