• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

Another poster who randomly said that Blondie should check her eligibility because she married her boyfriend after he won the lottery. Thing was, Blondie was responding to another poster about a totally different issue. So it was this random turn in conversation. It really was strange!

Oh. Yes I guess that happ
Another poster who randomly said that Blondie should check her eligibility because she married her boyfriend after he won the lottery. Thing was, Blondie was responding to another poster about a totally different issue. So it was this random turn in conversation. It really was strange!
Yeah I see what you mean. I guess people think of stuff and post without thinking. But careless comments can sure upset your day.

So... a friend of mine in Colorado has offered me a job in my industry . If I get a letter stating as much from her does anyone know if that helps my chances? Im hoping so. I am really getting hopeful now.

A job offer letter can certainly help your case in regard to the public charge requirements - so yes - take it along.

I reckon that just might seal the deal! Good on you Deb, you good thing. That's what I love about the OCers is their ingenuity and determination. I reckoln if you go into the interview confident and with all relevant documentation, it would be harder for them to say no than it is to say yes.

Blondie, what the heck happened in that other thread where you were lectured on your eligibility? Terribly random. o_O

Haha... no idea. It was very strange and out of nowhere. It didn't bother me too much :) More so annoying as he was hijacking the thread with nonsense!
Mom set him straight though! :p

Obviously this forum is the best place for information on the lottery process and some of the hurdles we all face, but I thought I'd throw in a sneaky plug for my blog again.

Every few months I throw open the floor to my readers to see what they want to know, and answer questions they might pose. I've done that again today, right here.

There have been questions about the lottery process itself, questions about different elements of relocating and getting set up here, questions about lifestyle and other differences between here and Australia, and plenty more.

So I’d love to hear from you all – leave me a comment and I’ll try to answer them all!
Missed the day but loads of questions about re-locating, is it possible to have another day like this ?

I have been spending a lot of time on the City Data Forum trying to work out the best place to live. Here is one of my threads...

http://www.city-data.com/forum/general-u-s/2213835-aussie-family-moving-usa-where-live.html

Crawf, I know you lived in Denver for a while and now you are in Maine. What's Colorado really like? We did 30 States when we went on a big road trip but didn't go to Colorado. We were all set to move there and now I'm a little worried about the elevation and having trouble adjusting. Also it's arid with not many trees?? Not sure if you are still reading but I would really appreciate your opinion.

Honestly, I didn't really notice the elevation except for when I was exercising, because obviously breathing heavily in thinner air will mean it takes longer to catch your breath. I think it took me two weeks of running a mile a day to acclimatize, and after that it wasn't much of an issue breathing-wise.

You might notice your skin being drier, which gave me a couple of minor nosebleeds (due to dry nasal passage walls, I guess), and you might get drunk a little quicker due to the altitude, but it really wasn't that big of a factor that I noticed.

Colorado is absolutely beautiful country, by the way. I thought Denver was a great place too: not so big as to be intimidating, all the creature comforts of a modern city but with plenty of personality and different neighborhoods, a fantastic beer scene, and of course there's outdoor activities everywhere for miles around. The hiking is great, and obviously there's a ton of skiing (which I don't do) and other snow sports. Obviously it depends on your situation family-wise and whatever, but as a young single professional I'd absolutely endorse the Mile High City.

And that's not to mention the weather: Denver gets 300 days of sunshine a year. When I got back there in November last year, right before I moved to Maine, it was cold as hell, but the weather was still gorgeous. Blue skies for miles. I'd truly love to find a job there and move back.

Missed the day but loads of questions about re-locating, is it possible to have another day like this ?

Oh, go right ahead. I'm just collecting questions and answers and will post them all at the end of the week sometime!

@CC1 - Congratulations! You mentioned in your list of order of docs that medical stuff came last. I was wondering what medical documentation did you take? I thought that the visa medical doctor forwarded all the relevant documentation directly to the Sydney consulate? The only docs I have are the vaccines records and chest x-rays that Dr Waks said should be carried with us at POE. Or have I confused things :( TIA!

It depends on where you get your medical. Some countries/places will send your medical results directly to the consulate and others you have to bring yourself. For example, I'm having my medical done today in Melbourne and they have told me that I will have to come back and pick up the documents a few days later when the results are ready. So if your Dr said they were sending the results directly to the consulate, then don't worry about it.

Good luck today Essey.

If you are ok with sharing, can you let us know how it goes in terms of the doctor. There are two in Melbourne and I'd be keen to know which one is more appropriate. I've spoken to Dr Charles and he seems pretty nice but the Medibank one is closer in terms of work.

Good luck today Essey.

If you are ok with sharing, can you let us know how it goes in terms of the doctor. There are two in Melbourne and I'd be keen to know which one is more appropriate. I've spoken to Dr Charles and he seems pretty nice but the Medibank one is closer in terms of work.
Thanks! I will report back for sure! I chose Medibank for the same reason - close to work. It's funny though, because when I booked, they didn't ask me for my case number or if I'd gone current or anything. Not that there's any advantage to having the medical earlier due to the 6 month expiry date, but you could probably book your medical with Medibank before you even get your 2NL if you needed to for some reason. Once again, I don't think there's any need to plan that far ahead though, they were able to book me in within 2 days of me calling them.

The only thing you might want to consider is I'm not sure about the Bridge St clinic, but for Medibank, you have to go down the road to Collins St to get your x-ray done. I've actually been to the x-ray place before, you just rock up and they do you as soon as they can, no need for an appointment. But if you want to try and do it all in the one place, you might want to check whether the other place has on-site X-ray facilities.

And that's why we love Mom. A smackdown administered with Scarlett O'Hara elegance.

ROFL ....... :D:D:D:D

like this?

tumblr_mdsqgwr42t1qakh43o2_r4_250.gif

@CC1 - Congratulations! You mentioned in your list of order of docs that medical stuff came last. I was wondering what medical documentation did you take? I thought that the visa medical doctor forwarded all the relevant documentation directly to the Sydney consulate? The only docs I have are the vaccines records and chest x-rays that Dr Waks said should be carried with us at POE. Or have I confused things :( TIA!

I emailed the SYD Consulate the other day and this is what they responded with. Interesting to see they have included a check list to bring along to interview.

If anyone would like a copy of this email let me know, am happy to share.
Picture 2.png Picture 2.png Picture 3.png Picture 4.png Picture 5.png

Hi OC Ems,

You will actually tick this checklist in the interview process at the consulate so I wouldnt worry too much.

Cool thanks Matt, thought it might be helpful for those with familys and singles to just have a last minute check list in the format that the Consulte wants things. Straight from the horses mouth so to speak.

By the way Congrats once again! Atta boy!!;)