• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

This is absolutely brilliant! For those of us preparing four sets of documents, this makes things so much easier!

That was my line of thought Emily.
I know Matt said the check list was available at the consulate but for me personally Id prefer it all done before I get on the plane.
Glad it is of help.

Just finished my medical and it all went smoothly although it took a good 2-2 1/2 hours all up. For Emily, who has requested a report back, here's how it went:

- Had to fill out some forms when you first arrive, then you get taken to a separate waiting room
- First I saw the nurse who took my blood, checked height, weight, eyesight etc, then back to the waiting room. The nurse said I had 'nice juicy veins' and she wished everyone's were that easy, so my tip is to drink a heap of water the day before and on the day of your medical as it makes your veins easier to draw blood from.
- Then I got called in to see the doctor, who had never heard of the Diversity Lottery before but knew how to do the medical as I think he was doing them previously for other types of visas. He said he just attended a conference last week on US immigrant medicals as they had just updated all their medical forms. One thing that I got caught out on was the consulate medical instructions say you need three photos, but he said they'd just updated the requirements to four, so I have to go and bring another photo in this week. I just checked and it still says 3 photos on the website, but he said they needed four for the new forms so make sure you bring four! I also noted on the confirmation email they said to just bring one photo, so that's obviously incorrect.
- A lot of the time was just spent filling out a bunch of forms with me that weren't even medical related including what my intended address in the US was, so make sure you bring that too.
- I had emailed my vaccination record over the day before which he had which had a lot of my vaccinations including Hep A and B abd ADT but didn't I did't have my complete record. I decided to not get the immunity blood test prior even though I knew I had had all my tests and the doctor was fine with that because I had some of the records showing I had had all the regular vaccinations throughout school, he trusted I had had the others, such as MMR and Polio for which I had no records. He also said that the flu vaccination didn't matter much, even though I had already got that one and he just asked me whether or not I had had chicken pox, which I had so he marked me off on that one too. So all up, he determined I didn't need any additional vaccinations. I think having at least part of my vaccination history was helpful as he said that some people have nothing and that's usually when they start having to doing vaccinations.
- I then just had to do a bunch of moving my arms and legs, touch toes etc and we were done.
- The total cost of the consultation was $518.76. I queried why this is different to what is on the website and she wouldn't tell me the breakdown other than to say that there are 'other tests' that are included. My receipt doesn't have a breakdown either so who knows.
- The woman at the front counter said that once the tests and x-rays were done that she would call me to pick it all up.
- I then had to take some of the documents and referral to get my X-ray at another place which was not too far away and as the medical includes the X-ray cost and they courier the X-rays and documents to the doctors, that was it!

Last edited:
For those attending medical in Brisbane, this is what you will receive from the Dr's office once you have booked.

Booking Confirmation U.S.A. Visa medical examination

Appointment date & time: _xx/11/2014 at _12.00noon.

Please allow a minimum of 2 hours

Checklist for Appointment

Valid passport(s)

6 Australian sized passport photos.

Case File Number

Intended US address (city, state & postcode)

Vaccination records if possible

Be prepared to provide a sample of urine upon arrival

Costs Involved

Medical Examination including blood test & chest x-ray = $475.00

All applicants must provide full patient details and pay $100 within 24 hours of receiving this information letter. The balance is payable after the consultation.

Vaccinations for Immigration are a requirement by the USA Department of State and are charged per vaccine. Please do not ring the receptionist regarding vaccinations they are unable to provide you with any advice. The doctor will discuss vaccinations and requirements at the time of your examination.

Please return the completed signed credit card authority and patient registration form on receipt of this email.

Your $100 will be forfeited, in the event of non-attendance on the day or failure to provide 24 hours cancellation notice.

BRISBANE MEDICALS HEADS UP

The one and only place that does medicals in BNE will be closed from the 8th Nov - 18th Nov due to the G20 summit.

Hi everyone I have been selected also, 5xx and have an interview in Sydney 23rd December also. Thankyou everyone for your input into this forum and your experiences that are helping many people. Best wishes in your journey. I have my medical in Sydney in 2 weeks. I am moving to Los Angeles to live with my daughter and after 7 years, finally selected. I have 2 questions if anyone is able to advise. I have received my NSW Police Check however, it does not have my maiden name (haven't used the name for 35 years) and I called the NSW police and they said that is what they provide, they check all names and alias but provide the certificate in current name. As I have been an RN I have always had yearly Federal Police Checks and these do have all names listed. Has anyone else found this an issue, I am thinking of also taking my Australian Federal Police/National Check ?

Thanks Essey, that's brilliant. Wheww, for four of us, those medicals will add up (although I'm hopeful the kids' ones will be cheaper as they don't have blood tests or xrays).

Welcome Jaynin. My spreadsheet is kept on my computer at work so will add you to our list tomorrow morning.

Welcome aboard Jaynin.
If it makes you feel better I just turned 51. Its just gettin better n better everyday ;)

Hi everyone I have been selected also, 5xx and have an interview in Sydney 23rd December also. Thankyou everyone for your input into this forum and your experiences that are helping many people. Best wishes in your journey. I have my medical in Sydney in 2 weeks. I am moving to Los Angeles to live with my daughter and after 7 years, finally selected. I have 2 questions if anyone is able to advise. I have received my NSW Police Check however, it does not have my maiden name (haven't used the name for 35 years) and I called the NSW police and they said that is what they provide, they check all names and alias but provide the certificate in current name. As I have been an RN I have always had yearly Federal Police Checks and these do have all names listed. Has anyone else found this an issue, I am thinking of also taking my Australian Federal Police/National Check ?

You hoo........ Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiimon?
Click your heals 3 times Jaynin and Simon, Susie or Mom will usually appear :D

[QUOTI'm="OC_Ewe're post: 2370710, chickens363450"]Welcome aboard Jaynin.
If it makes you feel better I just turned 51. Its just gettin better n better everyday ;)[/QUOTE]
Well Im 54 so we're not all spring xhicken

[QUOTI'm="OC_Ewe're post: 2370710, chickens363450"]Welcome aboard Jaynin.
If it makes you feel better I just turned 51. Its just gettin better n better everyday ;)
Well Im 54 so we're not all spring xhicken[/
QUOTE]

My phone really knows how to mess up a reply . Geez. I was trying to say I'm 54 so we're not all spring chickens

I emailed the SYD Consulate the other day and this is what they responded with. Interesting to see they have included a check list to bring along to interview.

If anyone would like a copy of this email let me know, am happy to share.
View attachment 255 View attachment 255 View attachment 256 View attachment 257 View attachment 258
That would have been very handy if I had got a copy before my interview date, the lady at the Consulate said to me that they hadn't sent them out in error, so hopefully now they are correcting this and everyone will get one, as you say when there is more than one person doing this at the Consulate becomes a nightmare in such little space, thanks for sharing :)

Last edited:
That would have been very handy if I had got a copy before my interview date, the lady at the Consulate said to me that they hadn't sent them out in error, so hopefully now they are correcting this and everyone will get one, as you say when there is more than one person doing this at the Consulate becomes a nightmare in such little space, thanks for sharing :)

No CC1 I emailed them and asked for it. To my knowledge they havent sent any as yet. Heres hoping that will change.

If that is what the NSW police provide - then you are good to go. Take the other check too - I am sure you will have met that requirements.