• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

You can call them if you like - and last year we were very successful in getting the numbers prior to the publishing. You call them, and ask if the numbers for the next VB are available. Sometimes they ask your details (name, DOB, Case Number), and sometimes they just give the numbers. I would be willing to bet the numbers are already ready, but as I don't have a DV2015 number - I don't phone...

I tried calling KCC. After the long recorded message the lady on the other end asked for my CN, DOB and name. Then when I asked for the cut-off numbers for December she said those would only be released on the 15th. Maybe I should've pressed her a bit harder 'cause I'm sure it'll be out before then. Maybe others will have better luck, or maybe I should just learn a bit more patience.

I tried calling KCC. After the long recorded message the lady on the other end asked for my CN, DOB and name. Then when I asked for the cut-off numbers for December she said those would only be released on the 15th. Maybe I should've pressed her a bit harder 'cause I'm sure it'll be out before then. Maybe others will have better luck, or maybe I should just learn a bit more patience.

OK - for the long message - press zero to bypass it.

The "numbers are released on the 15th" line is all you will get from some, others are more forthcoming. If you get a nice one, be sure to post here and ideally ask if she can give you other regions numbers. Again, some will, some won't.

Hi all,

Just stumbled across this forum/thread. Definitely the best resource I've found so far on Diversity Visa 2015! Everything else including the official info is pretty hard to wade through. So thanks to you all...

My case number is 2015OC10XX and I submitted my DS260 in June.

Based in Sydney (but am originally from Auckland and am expecting to interview there).

Really keen to get to the states ASAP... so fingers crossed!

Look forward to sharing/hearing more.

Hi all,

Just stumbled across this forum/thread. Definitely the best resource I've found so far on Diversity Visa 2015! Everything else including the official info is pretty hard to wade through. So thanks to you all...

My case number is 2015OC10XX and I submitted my DS260 in June.

Based in Sydney (but am originally from Auckland and am expecting to interview there).

Really keen to get to the states ASAP... so fingers crossed!

Look forward to sharing/hearing more.

Welcome fellow feathered friend!:)

hey peeps! nice to find you all:)

my CN is 2015OC14## - do you reckon it'll hit 1500 this year?

why is this process so unnecessarily stressful? it's just soooo american! but hey that's why we're here right;)

cheers guys!

why is this process so unnecessarily stressful? it's just soooo american! but hey that's why we're here right;)

cheers guys!

Uh, maybe a step back and some context. So unnecessarily stressful? I challenge you to find me an immigrant visa option in any country that is easier and less stressful than a DV visa...

Uh, maybe a step back and some context. So unnecessarily stressful? I challenge you to find me an immigrant visa option in any country that is easier and less stressful than a DV visa...

Apologies SusieQQQ, no harm intended.

Perhaps I should've phrased it "lengthy and draining because there is still a chance I will be sitting here next september with nothing after supposedly 'winning'"

cheers guys!

Looks like you will just have to wait and see with a number like that for this year. My suggestion is you re-enter the 2016 lottery whilst it is currently open in case you end up in the position I was in last year with a very high CN which missed out on selection. Luckily I'd re-entered and got a much better number for this year. Give yourself the best chance possible!

And didn't 2013 go current?

2014 was a bit of a Barry Crocker.

Below: Barry's face when he saw the September 2014 VB.

barry-crocker-300x0.jpg

Damn straight!
AND I might add it is about the quickest to issue. Some poor buggers wait YEARS on a list and thats just to get processed and interviewed.

Apologies SusieQQQ, no harm intended.

Perhaps I should've phrased it "lengthy and draining because there is still a chance I will be sitting here next september with nothing after supposedly 'winning'"

Well, if it's any consolation you're in a better position than me. And I'm afraid all I've come up with after months of numerology and entail-reading is 'maybe I'll be current, likely not.' It's like being a kid with a lollypop held just out of reach.

Yes indeed - better than I expected!
Same here, I thought with December a increase of less than 100 as its typical been a slow month probably due to embassy closures over Christmas period. I am off in just over 2 weeks to Chicago and Miami on the good old Visa Waiver, hopefully for the last time on that visa!!!