• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

Congrats Toni! The interview portion sounds like it was over in less than a minute! Awesome stuff!
Just wondering, did you bring along any of your expired passports and did they specifically ask to look at them? I've been searching high and low for mine with no joy so far.
Yes I did take my old passports but they didn't ask for them. One tip for people going to the Auckland Consulate make sure you take cash to pay the fee.

Great idea Aim, I've changed the list to have both yours and EMS'. If everyone else can PM theirs or post their interview date here (so I don't have to trawl back through the thread), that would be super.

Class of OC2015

OC-ers confirmed to be US bound!

Tonis - 1x

OC-ers gone current
Josh2014 - 4X - November?
Ozimattskey - 6x - October
AimLK Husband - 7X - November (interview 25th Nov)
CC1 - 1xx - October
ECM - 2xx - October
Stephenau - 2xx - October
HaydenS - 3xx - October
Essey - 4xx - November
OC_EMS - 4xx - November (interview 25th Nov)
SuicideBlonde - 4xx - November

OC-ers waiting to go current
nzangeleyes - 5xx
Aussiegemma - 6xx
IndieLollie - 6xx
Lolly7757 - 6xx
Kiwione - 6xx
AimLK - 7xx
Deb7A - 7xx
Trifurcate - 8xx
CBDK - 9xx
EmilyW - 9xx
Zshep - 9xx
nycsteph - 13xx
Guestgulkan - 14xx
Japanaus - 14xx
Connectedspace - 15xx
Aussiecatherine - 16xx
Saltwaterlily - 163x
Kellie - 17xx
MrKiwi - 18xx
hopefulinnz - 19xx
AussieInLDN - 21xx
Codyf21 - 21xx
Abbie - 22xx

Great idea Aim, I've changed the list to have both yours and EMS'. If everyone else can PM theirs or post their interview date here (so I don't have to trawl back through the thread), that would be super.

Class of OC2015

Tonis - 1x

OC-ers gone current
CC1 - 1xx - October
ECM - 2xx - October
HaydenS - 3xx - October
Essey - 4xx - November

nzangeleyes - 5xx
Aussiegemma - 6xx
IndieLollie - 6xx
Lolly7757 - 6xx
Kiwione - 6xx
AimLK - 7xx
Deb7A - 7xx
Trifurcate - 8xx
CBDK - 9xx
EmilyW - 9xx
Zshep - 9xx
nycsteph - 13xx
Guestgulkan - 14xx
Japanaus - 14xx
Connectedspace - 15xx
Aussiecatherine - 16xx
Saltwaterlily - 163x
Kellie - 17xx
MrKiwi - 18xx
hopefulinnz - 19xx
AussieInLDN - 21xx
Codyf21 - 21xx
Abbie - 22xx

So only 2 out of the OC-ers gone current have received their 2NLs? Seems like a fair bit of backlog, and that's just the folks on this forum.

Ozimattskey - 6x - October (interview 28th October Sydney)
CC1 - 1xx - October (interview 'end of October'- 28th?)
ECM - 2xx - October (interview 21th October Sydney)

Because I can't keep off this forum, I went back and found these ones for you to update EmilyW :p

Last edited:

Class of OC2015

Tonis - 1x

OC-ers gone current
CC1 - 1xx - October
ECM - 2xx - October
HaydenS - 3xx - October
Essey - 4xx - November

nzangeleyes - 5xx
Aussiegemma - 6xx
IndieLollie - 6xx
Lolly7757 - 6xx
Kiwione - 6xx
AimLK - 7xx
Deb7A - 7xx
Trifurcate - 8xx
CBDK - 9xx
EmilyW - 9xx
Zshep - 9xx
nycsteph - 13xx
Guestgulkan - 14xx
Japanaus - 14xx
Connectedspace - 15xx
Aussiecatherine - 16xx
Saltwaterlily - 163x
Kellie - 17xx
MrKiwi - 18xx
hopefulinnz - 19xx
AussieInLDN - 21xx
Codyf21 - 21xx
Abbie - 22xx

Why not create a Google spreadsheet and put all these information on it and share the link? It will be easier on the eyes, all the information remains in the same place and updating, sorting, or filtering for use can be done effortlessly. Future OC DV selectees will also be able to easily access the information for use.

Good idea Sm1smom, I'll set one up now and share the link in a few minutes.

Edited to add: file set up in Dropbox. Let me know if there are any issues viewing the document or any changes I need to make. I've populated it on what I know so PM me to update your case and I'll make the changes within 12 hours (or so, depending on my work schedule).

I've added the link to my signature as well for quick reference.

Last edited:
Ozimattskey - 6x - October (interview 28th October Sydney)
CC1 - 1xx - October (interview 'end of October'- 28th?)
ECM - 2xx - October (interview 21th October Sydney)

Because I can't keep off this forum, I went back and found these ones for you to update EmilyW :p
Hi cc1 here my interview is 21 October sydney:)

There are more. I'm just too lazy to trawl back through the thread to find them.
CC1 Oct 21 in Sydney, we did our medical on Friday $ 1500.00 for three people, we had done all our vaccinations only had to get our flu shots done there, I didn't realise we needed them but you do, if you have a chance to get them done at your local GP I think it would be cheaper for you, all went well but took most part of the day considering you have to leave the doctors office to get bloods and X-rays done. Also there is new paperwork for the Medical that the consular requires and you now need 6 photos not 3, just a heads up for the Sydney people:)

Ok, finally back to earth now so will share my experience. The Auckland consulate sent me the medical forms a couple of weeks before our interview so we made our appointment soon after. They told me it would take 3 days to get the results through to the consulate so made the appointment for 29Sept. Medical was very easy, all our vaccinations had already been done so just went through our medical history, blood test, chest xray and urine sample. As our appointment was 8.30am we booked into the Mecure hotel straight across the road from the consulate. The day of the interview we were up early, showered dressed and had breakfast by 8.15. At 8.20 we headed up to the 3rd floor where the consulate was located. There were 4 other people waiting to go through security. We had to turn our phones off and left my handbag in a locker. We were directed to window 5 where they were already going through our paperwork. We had dropped the originals and copies off on the previous Monday, as they had previously advised. We were then directed to the window to pay the $792.00 and then asked to take a seat in the interview area. Most of the interviews before us were people wanting non immigrants visa's and didn't notice any other DV applicants. All the interviews were quick and all but one were successful. It was finally our turn, the CO asked us if we were excited..... we bother said "Hell yes". He then said I wish every application was this well prepared, so felt rather chuffed with myself. When then had to do our finger prints and swear our details are correct to the best of our knowledge. Once that was done he asked what we intended to do over there and they told us everything was done. We both looked at each other in shock that the interview was over...........we expected a few more questions. We left the office picked up our bags and headed back to he hotel. It was still only 10am so we packed our bags and checked out of the hotel. We feel very relieved that the process is over and can now make further plans for our move to Normal in Jan 2015.
Congrats

CC1 Oct 21 in Sydney, we did our medical on Friday $ 1500.00 for three people, we had done all our vaccinations only had to get our flu shots done there, I didn't realise we needed them but you do, if you have a chance to get them done at your local GP I think it would be cheaper for you, all went well but took most part of the day considering you have to leave the doctors office to get bloods and X-rays done. Also there is new paperwork for the Medical that the consular requires and you now need 6 photos not 3, just a heads up for the Sydney people:)

Thanks for the heads up CC.
I was told flu shots are only required in the flu season so they wont apply to all folk doing their medical.

Thanks for the heads up CC.
I was told flu shots are only required in the flu season so they wont apply to all folk doing their medical.

The instructions on the 'DVselectee' website for the Sydney consulate specify the flu season period. I forget the period, but says from 'month A' to 'month B', so if you're interviewed during that period you need to have your flu shot. Obviously the flu season period will be a bit different in every country.

The instructions on the 'DVselectee' website for the Sydney consulate specify the flu season period. I forget the period, but says from 'month A' to 'month B', so if you're interviewed during that period you need to have your flu shot. Obviously the flu season period will be a bit different in every country.

Correct Essey!
Im pretty sure the receptionist told me it was our flu season (as in our winter). I think once Oct has passed we are clear of needing the flu shot. I was under the impression with medical in Mid Nov I wouldnt require the shot. Im dead against them but hey, if its needed, its needed

I've just had a thought about our ds260 forms.. We were married after selection so filled in a form each but haven't provided our marriage certificate as there was nowhere to attach it/it didn't specify in the instructions.
Did we need to email this to KCC or just take it to interview ?

When I emailed a while ago they said

"In general –

• If your family circumstances have changed after you entered the lottery, for example, if you have very recently gotten married or had a child, you will need to add your new family members to your case when you and your family fill out your DS-260 application forms. (“Family member” refers to a spouse and/or unmarried children who had not reached age 21 before you entered the lottery"

Last edited: