• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

@Mikey Mike - it is hard to explain to someone who has not been (or is not currently going) through the process of DV application or "the move" itself. They do not necessarily share your intrepidation or your excitement, nor fully understand what you are going through. It is a real emotional roller coaster. @miani24 - Impressed - one question at interview. Can anyone beat this, haha.

Try zero questions. There have been OCers who haven't been asked a single question. We got two from memory: one about why we wanted to go and the second one was clarifying all my names.

Try
Try zero questions. There have been OCers who haven't been asked a single question. We got two from memory: one about why we wanted to go and the second one was clarifying all my names.

Try zero interview. We have had some AOS cases go through without an interview...

Hi All, finally all paperwork is done for our Interview on August 4! Just a quick question about the interview fee. We will be paying with cash so is it the listed AUD amount on the embassy website $429 , or the current market exchange rate?

Hi All, finally all paperwork is done for our Interview on August 4! Just a quick question about the interview fee. We will be paying with cash so is it the listed AUD amount on the embassy website $429 , or the current market exchange rate?
I had my interview on Tuesday and was wondering the same thing, so took $500 in cash however they only charged $429. I was chatting to the guy as he put the transaction through and he said they update their official exchange rate every few months and the fee is based on that, not on the market exchange rate of the day.

Just got an email saying my visa is issued (and the CEAC says the same :D). I should be working but I am way too excited!
OMG I just got the email too and checked CEAC - visa issued!! Aaahhh so excited! :) You were right Britsimon and Emily W! You are both saints, seriously. Miani24, I know exactly how you feel, I'm at work physically but mentally I'm already in Denver setting up my new life...

Haha I am very excited about getting the actual visa. I think it should be arriving tomorrow (I'll know by using the Express Post tracking tomorrow morning). I put down my office as the delivery address and actually am meant to have tomorrow off but no way, I've already told my boss I'll be coming in. I'm not waiting the whole weekend to see my visa!

You get the visa and you get the yellow envelope you take with you at POE. It's brilliant and makes it all very real.

You get the visa and you get the yellow envelope you take with you at POE. It's brilliant and makes it all very real.

Just a reminder that - no matter how tempting it is to see what's inside - that you're supposed to leave the yellow envelope SEALED. POE staff open this up.

Hi guys! I just wanted to check now that my number is current do I just need to keep checking the CEAC 'DS260 Application page' and wait for an email? I can't seem to access the 'Check my visa application status' page with my case number... I'm sorry I'm sure this has been covered previously but I just couldn't uncover it in previous pages. Thanks!

Hi guys! I just wanted to check now that my number is current do I just need to keep checking the CEAC 'DS260 Application page' and wait for an email? I can't seem to access the 'Check my visa application status' page with my case number... I'm sorry I'm sure this has been covered previously but I just couldn't uncover it in previous pages. Thanks!
I had trouble on the CEAC website checking the status as well, until I omitted the zeros. My case number of 2015OC00001XXX didn't work but when I put in 2015OC1XXX it did work. Maybe try that?

If all you're looking out for is details of your interview you check this through the ESC page (https://www.dvlottery.state.gov/ESC/) using your original confirmation number.

Any email you receive would simply point you to that web page anyway.

Very exciting seeing all the OC 2015s go through.

For those with kids, we had to see the (Aus) school principal yesterday ... (been a long time since I have been in a Principal's office, and not by choice, lol). Asking for a letter for Aus immigration proof of absence - just for a week off - so we could defect to the US to go for our POE was kind of ironic, especially when the Principal wasn't smiling at first. But after discussing the big picture and that we will take a while to organize things etc, and we would be around for some time to come it all ended sort of well, if a little bit open-ended and uncertain.

Regarding POE we felt a bit sheepish finding the quickest and shortest route, Honolulu, when we really wanted to get to the mainland US, but I guess it is just plain practical, and from a number of above OC accounts the Customs and Border guys seem not to mind.

Given that it was snowing a few days ago and the kids went ice-skating in the main street (country NSW), and then built a lop-sided snowman, we can't wait to get to the beach in HI in a couple of weeks.

I don't think there will be any OCers there in Honolulu for the week of Aug 4th - but if there are (or any ghosts reading this) - please yell out or PM me so we can meet up.

I didn't realise that you had to do this to take kids out of school for a week outside school holidays? Is this a legal requirement from Aus immigration? What years are the kids? This is good to know!

Honolulu will be a lovely POE this time of year away from the chilly weather! That is our plan if we end up doing a POE in the timeframe after the interview prior to the big move. Just depends on how everything goes.

Where are you staying in Honolulu @martinskypemartin?

I didn't realise that you had to do this to take kids out of school for a week outside school holidays? Is this a legal requirement from Aus immigration? What years are the kids? This is good to know!

I've never heard of this either. My brother took his kids on a vacation during school semester and he didn't do any of this. Maybe it's different per state.

@guestgulkan @eskimokisses Apparently it is law now (refer to NSW Dept Education School Attendance Policy PD20050259) - also I believe the dual purpose origin is that it had ties to preventing one or other parent taking off with a kid overseas without other parent consent, in disputed issues etc etc. The school said they can record unexplained absenses as truency on the kids files (or worse if suspectd), and that doesn't look good when you are in high school (older daugher) and soon trying to get into a good uni / college course, so we thought we would get the letter.

The Principal can say lawfully no and can inform immigration. There is even an official rejection letter you can receive with the bad news. (Why would they say no, unless it is clandestine ???).

That said, if you as a family are all going together, you are not the suspicious types, and I would not expect any Qs either. Note also that our school is private and tend to stick to "protocol", so we dont want to cause anymore friction than is required.

Anyway - just flash that RED and BLUE DV visa and say SEE Y'AAALLL LATER :D

Everyone, I have a question regarding the yellow envelope and the individual medical summary - We did not get a copy of the summary medical sheet (the one with the photo and the check boxes signing of the med vaccinations etc). I believe there is a copy in the yellow envelope .. open it .. no don't open it ... open it ... no don't open it ... (AAAHHH) - We will need a copy for the kids at school in the USA. Sure we have bits and pieces in the local records, but some was completed for the kids during the US nominated doctor review pre-interview. Any advice here? Did everone else get copies of their suummary sheets or not? Don't suppose the CBP officer is going to let us photocopy one from the yellow envelope at the POE !

Everyone, I have a question regarding the yellow envelope and the individual medical summary - We did not get a copy of the summary medical sheet (the one with the photo and the check boxes signing of the med vaccinations etc). I believe there is a copy in the yellow envelope .. open it .. no don't open it ... open it ... no don't open it ... (AAAHHH) - We will need a copy for the kids at school in the USA. Sure we have bits and pieces in the local records, but some was completed for the kids during the US nominated doctor review pre-interview. Any advice here? Did everone else get copies of their suummary sheets or not? Don't suppose the CBP officer is going to let us photocopy one from the yellow envelope at the POE !
I got a copy made for me by Medibank Health Solutions here in Melbourne and placed into a separate envelope. I would seriously not open the yellow envelope. Get in contact with your panelist physician to see if they have copies.

What???? You're actually contemplating opening the yellow envelope??? It really should be a no brainer!