• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Oceania winners

Oh my wordy lordy! I went to bed late last night and thought "hmm maybe I'll check out the forum quickly before I go to sleep" - As you can imagine I spent most of the night hyperventilating (with excitement)!
Absolutely heart broken for the people that didn't make it through! I'd resigned myself to the 'not happening' column based on the previous bulletin so I feel your feels (not that that is any consolation!). :(

Well... I guess I'd better get my act together! Thank you to everyone that has posted in this forum, you've quelled every anxiety I've had during this long wait and in the words of Delta Goodrem "All I know is I'm lost without you"!

Perfect, thanks Emily. I will surely visit them. Can't get this wrong in an 8 day trip. I need that number to apply for any jobs online

As @SusieQQQ said, be super careful who you give your SSN to. I've been advising potential employers that I am a lawful permanent resident in conversations I've been having, and that's been sufficient for met to get through to the next stages.

And yes, it's worth going into the SSA. If nothing else, it's an anthropological feast of American bureaucracy and people watching. My husband and I spent the two hours watching people, analysing which window moved the fastest. It even got to the point where I said to my husband, 'We'll be at the window in under the minute' and, when he asked me how I knew, I said 'Well, that window there is for people like who who don't have a SSN. Everytime that lady in the window gets up and goes to the printer, it means she's finished processing on the computer and is finishing off'. Sure enough, 30 seconds later we were at the window.

Enjoy!

Ladies & gents ,congrats to everyone who has gone current, for those who have had their interview and got the green light to go - Do you get cold feet thinking about the daunting task of starting all over again?? Or is it just me? I suppose applicable to people with family not the single ones. I am aware of the opportunity US offers . Just a bit scary to leave a settled life and go out in the job market again . Would be keen to hear some views
My interview is tomorrow and im sooooo excited but anxious of the thought of starting again!

Although I am single and have no real ties here, I am a photographer who has my own business here in Melbourne so the thought of starting from scratch and most likely having to do a completely different job until im settled is extremely daunting!

So you are not alone there!! However this is a once in a lifetime opportunity and I am sure the universe makes everything happen for a reason.

I moved to London in 2006 and within months was settled and calling it hone. And thank goodness we have Google! Your new best friend Good luck

Hi there!
can someone help me with some questions regarding the DV-2015 application,
Im case no. 2015OC000019xx and Im freaking!
I have no idea what I'm doing!
Help!!!
Tess

Hi there!
can someone help me with some questions regarding the DV-2015 application,
Im case no. 2015OC000019xx and Im freaking!
I have no idea what I'm doing!
Help!!!
Tess

Unfortunately, if your number is 1490 or higher you've missed out on the 2015 lottery.

The odds are good for Oceania so try your luck for DV2017.

FINALLY...SYD consulate have made August numbers READY!! Not long to go now!
Yes! Just got the email from the consulate giving me the document checklist, medical booked for this Thursday and flights to Sydney sorted for aug 4th. Very excited

Can anyone tell me if they release more numbers in Sept or is August the cut off?
Unfortunately that's it I'm afraid.
The September numbers have been released as 1490 I believe. And in Octover that start again at 0 for the DV2016 winners

Good luck to everyone who has interviews this week! Mine is tomorrow. Might see some of you there :)

Good luck tomorrow Lisa D.

I think I am first up (my interview is at 8am). My plan is as follows:

1. Interview, get approved, go window shopping until I have to catch a plane back to Melbourne because I plan on moving with only 5 suitcases
or
2. Interview, get declined because I forgot to add my second middle name to the initial entry, go crazy shopping with all the money I have been saving for the move.

Both fun options! (although Option 1 is obviously my preference)

Nothing to do now except get a good night's sleep.

If it makes you feel any better @miani24, I didn't have my second middle name on the original DV entry and they didn't mention it at interview. I was the derivative but still... in the grand scheme of things, it's a reasonably minor error.

Not sure if I saw anyone from this forum this morning but I got approved!!! Super excited!

It was looking good for most applicants this morning. For those interviewing in August make sure you take a copy of your full DS260 form (even though it's not on the checklist). The systems were down today and having a copy of the form helped with the process.

USA here I come!