• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

Hi Guys
Does anybody know whether not having an Afghanistan police certificate will be a disadvantage at the Interview? I stayed there for 3 years and don't want to go back there there to get it. I see on the reciprocity page it says Afghan police certs are unavailable, but am wondering if not having it will be an issue...

Otherwise thanks guys for starting this thread, very informative..

Please dont even mention that you where in Afghanistan for that long period of time as it entails you to get the Police Certificate AT ALL COSTS. Please be very careful with what you do put on those forms.
Otherwise if you have been in a foreign land for a period of time exceeding more than 12 months YOU MUST GET THAT POLICE CERTIFICATE......Lest you kiss the American Dream Goodbye.
Hi Guys
Does anybody know whether not having an Afghanistan police certificate will be a disadvantage at the Interview? I stayed there for 3 years and don't want to go back there there to get it. I see on the reciprocity page it says Afghan police certs are unavailable, but am wondering if not having it will be an issue...

Hi Guys

If the reciprocity page says a the police cert is unavailable for the country it means they will have no expectation of you providing it. It is as simple as that.

Please dont even mention that you where in Afghanistan for that long period of time as it entails you to get the Police Certificate AT ALL COSTS. Please be very careful with what you do put on those forms.
Otherwise if you have been in a foreign land for a period of time exceeding more than 12 months YOU MUST GET THAT POLICE CERTIFICATE......Lest you kiss the American Dream Goodbye.

Arnold, that is a terribly bad answer on a couple of levels.

First of all, lying about not being in Afghanistan (or anywhere else) is very likely to get someone denied and possibly banned from the USA for the immigration fraud. Don't lie in the immigration process. Period.

Secondly, if you had read the OP post correctly you would see that the OP had correctly read the reciprocity page that says in black and white that the police cert is unavailable so saying he can kiss his American dream goodbye is alarmist and inaccurate.

Please Arnold, your advice is normally sound. Be careful....

BAD, BAD, BAD, BAD, TERRIBLE advice.
The way to kiss the American dream goodbye is to lie on an immigration application. That gets you a permanent ban on entry to the US.
If the reciprocity page states he can't get a police certificate then he won't need to show one.

Arnold,
The back-ground check will surely find out that hes been in afganistan.
So if he lies about it! Than its good bye the american dream.

Waiting game:
So how do you expect the visa bulletin to look like for AF?
October bulletin DVAF000001 to Dvaf00010000
November bulletin DV dvaf00010001 to dvaf00016000

Waiting game:
So how do you expect the visa bulletin to look like for AF?
October bulletin DVAF000001 to Dvaf00010000
November bulletin DV dvaf00010001 to dvaf00016000

The bulletins never have a minimum, only a cutoff. November will not "start" above the October cutoff because anyone current for October who did not interview for whatever reason can still interview in November (or the rest of the fiscal year for that matter), etc.

If the reciprocity page says a the police cert is unavailable for the country it means they will have no expectation of you providing it. It is as simple as that.

Arnold, that is a terribly bad answer on a couple of levels.

First of all, lying about not being in Afghanistan (or anywhere else) is very likely to get someone denied and possibly banned from the USA for the immigration fraud. Don't lie in the immigration process. Period.

Secondly, if you had read the OP post correctly you would see that the OP had correctly read the reciprocity page that says in black and white that the police cert is unavailable so saying he can kiss his American dream goodbye is alarmist and inaccurate.

Please Arnold, your advice is normally sound. Be careful....

Thanks for the helpful reply Britsimon, that's what i figured out. I was just wondering if that will automatically get me on AP or cause any delay because i can still go to Afghanistan to get a police clearance, but only of it is an absolute must, that being a war zone...

Arnold you cant lie about having visited a county, my passport is full of the green Afghan visas and Kabul Airport stamps, and the period in Kabul is also a big part of my employment history ....

Thanks for the helpful reply Britsimon, that's what i figured out. I was just wondering if that will automatically get me on AP or cause any delay because i can still go to Afghanistan to get a police clearance, but only of it is an absolute must, that being a war zone...

Arnold you cant lie about having visited a county, my passport is full of the green Afghan visas and Kabul Airport stamps, and the period in Kabul is also a big part of my employment history ....
Indeed no need to lie...a simple background check could easily uncover this.

According to the dvselectee website, no police cert exists. Not even for someone in the country, so you can't go and get it. So stop stressing about that.

Now the fact tha you spent time there may increase your chances of having AP, but again, there is nothing you can do to influence that, so you just have t wait and see.

Having or not having the PCC is not what's likely to get you put on AP, in this particular case, the fact that you've spent a considerable amount of time there is what is likely to get you on AP. A PCC will not clear their suspicion of what you were doing in Afghan, only their own checks will clear this. Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do about this. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying anyone who has been to Afghan automatically gets put on AP, but the possibilities are a lot higher, so be prepared for that is all I'm saying.

Having or not having the PCC is not what's likely to get you put on AP, in this particular case, the fact that you've spent a considerable amount of time there is what is likely to get you on AP. A PCC will not clear their suspicion of what you were doing in Afghan, only their own checks will clear this. Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do about this. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying anyone who has been to Afghan automatically gets put on AP, but the possibilities are a lot higher, so be prepared for that is all I'm saying.

Thanks all, this is really helpful. I will just have to wait and find out then. I'll let you guys know how it worked out.

Thanks all, this is really helpful. I will just have to wait and find out then. I'll let you guys know how it worked out.
By the way visiting certain countries can cause alarm bells to go all over the place...Iraq, Syria, Somalia, Yemen just to mention but a few.

By the way visiting certain countries can cause alarm bells to go all over the place...Iraq, Syria, Somalia, Yemen just to mention but a few.

And trying to hide the fact will set off even louder alarm bells and get you denied...

Pray that all may be well.My case is very very low

Yeah all will be well, but there is a lot of work to be done before the interview and there is no much time now. Read thoroughly the experiences of the 2014 team on a separate thread and be fully prepared.