• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

ESTIMATED BURDEN........120MIN,,,THIS MEANS?

It's the US government estimate of how long it will take you to fill in their form. Past experience shows that the time is appropriate for those who are barely literate and have an IQ of 12. For normal people you can probably work on about a quarter if not less of the stated time.

Hi

Seems like I have done a silly mistake on my DS260

On submitted DS260 of mine, my wife and 2 kids under age of 10yrs, I have added NO at below :-

Do you seek to enter the United States for the purpose of performing skilled or unskilled labor but have not yet been certified by the Secretary of Labor?

Is above correct for myself I am a IT consultant and My wife is a housewife.. Please advice...

Thanks..

Regards
DM

How are you...i need your help here..i realized my ds-260 didnt have the questions..DO YOU HAVE ANY OTHER LANGUAGE APART FROM YOUR NATIVE LANGUAGE?? mine i didnt find..could i have been wrong, Kindly let me know.

Secondly......for one who has completed college...what do you fill in the level of education...??

How are you...i need your help here..i realized my ds-260 didnt have the questions..DO YOU HAVE ANY OTHER LANGUAGE APART FROM YOUR NATIVE LANGUAGE?? mine i didnt find..could i have been wrong, Kindly let me know.

Secondly......for one who has completed college...what do you fill in the level of education...??

The above should be under :-
Have you ever served in, been a member of, or been involved with a paramilitary unit, vigilante unit, rebel group, guerrilla group, or insurgent organization?

and above "Interview Location"

This is what I have added in my dsw260 :-
Degree or Diploma: DIPLOMA
I have done BTEC National diploma at the college

Regards
DM

It's the US government estimate of how long it will take you to fill in their form. Past experience shows that the time is appropriate for those who are barely literate and have an IQ of 12. For normal people you can probably work on about a quarter if not less of the stated time.

I never seem to be able to get them done as quick as the estimate Susie - does that mean I am dopey??

;)

Hi

Seems like I have done a silly mistake on my DS260

On submitted DS260 of mine, my wife and 2 kids under age of 10yrs, I have added NO at below :-

Do you seek to enter the United States for the purpose of performing skilled or unskilled labor but have not yet been certified by the Secretary of Labor?

Is above correct for myself I am a IT consultant and My wife is a housewife.. Please advice...

Thanks..

Regards
DM

No it isn't correct, but it is not going to cause you a problem, so don't worry about it.

Another thing that worries me...am a single mom though baby daddy visits but have not included his name on baby's birthcert n pp coz by the time i was delivering he had dissapeared n only came back recently wen baby is big 3.7yrs. Do i still need his consent to travel with baby considering his name doesnth
appear anywea?

Another thing that worries me...am a single mom though baby daddy visits but have not included his name on baby's birthcert n pp coz by the time i was delivering he had dissapeared n only came back recently wen baby is big 3.7yrs. Do i still need his consent to travel with baby considering his name doesnth
appear anywea?

Nope.

I have lost my original High/Secondary School Leaving certificate but recently was able to obtain a duplicate copy from the school, will they accept that .. Thanks

Regards
DM
If you are from Kenya, have KNEC send confidential results to the embassy as soon as possible. I believe some shared on the DV2014 thread how to do this.

appear anywea?
appear anywea?
I thought the birth certificate will always have a section for father's name...I guess it is also possible not to know who the father of the kid is and thus not include the father's name on the birth certificate. If that is possible, then you should be fine

I thought the birth certificate will always have a section for father's name...I guess it is also possible not to know who the father of the kid is and thus not include the father's name on the birth certificate. If that is possible, then you should be fine

Yes that is correct - the child is considered illegitimate but that has no impact on immigration process for the child and means the mother has sole parental rights unless the father goes to court to obtain those rights.

Thanx!
Now i need prayer worrios pleeeease!!!
Have just received notification that my interview with CO is october 08, 2014 at 06.30am in Nairobi!! Now where do i start? Who else has received?
Who knows the education qualifications for dv 2015? ?

Hahahaha.....bro, I did again small mistake, this time will not unlock, I must face CO that way....my mom name went with A instead of O... 'Nimechoka na hii stress ya kila siku yawa !!!
Hehehehe.....dont worry about that, there is no issue there :rolleyes::D

Thanx!
Now i need prayer worrios pleeeease!!!
Have just received notification that my interview with CO is october 08, 2014 at 06.30am in Nairobi!! Now where do i start? Who else has received?
Who knows the education qualifications for dv 2015? ?

JeyJules bwana - I hope you share your interview experience.. straight after the interview do make a note of what Q's they asked you and what doc's they asked for, so you can add the info. on the form.. Thanks in advance.. and I WISH YOU GOOD LUCK.