• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 KENYA SELECTEES FORUM

Quick question, someone I know who won the 2015 dv lotto sat for UACE (Uganda's equivalent to high school) but he did not perform so well. He got 3 subsidiary passes as compared to the new requirement of 1 principle pass, 1 subsidiary pass at the US Embassy Nairobi (this is a consul specific requirement). I know for sure performance was never a problem in the past since my brother who had similar results got his green card 5 years ago. What are my friend's chances with grades slightly below the requirement? Is there anyone who's dealt with a similar situation?
No 1. Its good to hear that your friend has completed high school which is a plus
No 2. If your friend combines work experience with completion of high school and work experience
No 3. Tell him to take a gamble,he will not commit a crime..

Simon,

i urgue........ If a case number like 2 or 3 or 4 or 10 delays to send her papers, then the available case number is given a priority. So its first come first serve basis but also following the order of case numbers.

You're confusing two issues, the issue of people returning forms and the issue of scheduling.
They don't schedule interviews for people who have not returned their forms.
For the people who have returned their forms they are scheduled in case number order. Not "first come first served".
If someone is late like your example above, as soon as they have submitted their forms and had them processed they are allotted the next available slot because their case number gives them priority. Even if they submitted long after someone else with a higher case number they are still ahead of them. So it is still not "first come first served".

QUESTION
"Kindly advice whether my family must accompany me for medical & VISA Interview or I will have to book them a separate date for medical / VISA appointment since on my DS 260 I have indicated they will NOT Accompany me but instead will come at later date.

Secondly,as the Principal applicant,should I bring their Travel Passports or any other document and pay their Visa in advance during my Interview or they should themselves bring them and pay during their interview.

REPPLY

United Nations Avenue

Gigiri, Nairobi, Kenya

Tel: 254-20-363-6622

July 21, 2014

Dear Mr. xxxxxx

Thank you for your email.

Please note that a medical examination is required for anyone who wishes to process the visa. Therefore, if your family will process the visa at a later date then they can wait to have the medical examination when they are ready........

I have to point out it is not entirely clear from their answer if they are considering follow to join, or if they are considering that you will do a normal family petition for them once you are a LPR. You did not actually use the term "follow to join" in your query to them - you simply said "come at a later date". I would suggest you email them again and specifically explain that you are seeking to use follow to join and confirm if it is ok.

You're confusing two issues, the issue of people returning forms and the issue of scheduling.
They don't schedule interviews for people who have not returned their forms.
For the people who have returned their forms they are scheduled in case number order. Not "first come first served".
If someone is late like your example above, as soon as they have submitted their forms and had them processed they are allotted the next available slot because their case number gives them priority. Even if they submitted long after someone else with a higher case number they are still ahead of them. So it is still not "first come first served".
SuzieQQQ, a case number like 39*** when is the likely month of interview, approximately!!

I have to point out it is not entirely clear from their answer if they are considering follow to join, or if they are considering that you will do a normal family petition for them once you are a LPR. You did not actually use the term "follow to join" in your query to them - you simply said "come at a later date". I would suggest you email them again and specifically explain that you are seeking to use follow to join and confirm if it is ok.
I get your concern,What I will do is that since my case number is so low 2015AF000004XX,I will wait (approx 2 weeks Next VB) and see whether they will invite the entire family for Interview or the principal alone as per the ds 260.Also consider this under travel .state.gov"My spouse and/or children were going to follow me to the United States after I immigrate. Can they accompany me instead? - Yes, you may change your spouse’s and/or children's status from follow-to-join to accompanying by directly contacting the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where your interview is scheduled. This may be done prior to your immigrant visa interview, and additional forms and documents may need to be provided"

Most fields on the DS-260 are mandatory. You may leave fields marked “Optional” blank. Some fields may also give you the option to select “Does Not Apply.” If a field does not apply to you, you may mark the box next to “Does Not Apply.” All other fields must be completed: the application will not allow you to submit a form with any mandatory fields left blank. In this instance, an error message will be displayed and you will be required to complete the field before continuing with the application. If you do not answer questions that apply, your form may be rejected.

Hi Everyone!

I am new here. I am currently filling in my DS260 and I have a couple of questions:
1. There is a question asking - "Do you have an address in the US where you intend to live" - Can i answer No to this question as i haven't apporached anyone yet about living with them or do i have to get an address for where i will live at this time?

2. The other question asks "do you have documentation to establish that you have receibved vaccinations in accordance with US Law" Can i answer no to this? The only vaccinations I have are for yellow fever and typhoid.

Thanks,

Quick question, someone I know who won the 2015 dv lotto sat for UACE (Uganda's equivalent to high school) but he did not perform so well. He got 3 subsidiary passes as compared to the new requirement of 1 principle pass, 1 subsidiary pass at the US Embassy Nairobi (this is a consul specific requirement). I know for sure performance was never a problem in the past since my brother who had similar results got his green card 5 years ago. What are my friend's chances with grades slightly below the requirement? Is there anyone who's dealt with a similar situation?

No 1. Its good to hear that your friend has completed high school which is a plus
No 2. If your friend combines work experience with completion of high school and work experience
No 3. Tell him to take a gamble,he will not commit a crime..

@Simon,

Your above suggestion is faulty! DV selectees CAN NOT use a combination of HS diploma and work experience to qualify. Absolutely not! It has to be either or.

Yeah, telling someone it's not a crime to give it a shot even if they do not meet the minimum requirement is equally 'not a crime' on its own. All the person will be loosing is their hard earned money, the stress of running up and down gathering the needed documents and months of endless worrying especially for someone with a high CN. Not bad at all, not bad!

@Simon,

Your above suggestion is faulty! DV selectees CAN NOT use a combination of HS diploma and work experience to qualify. Absolutely not! It has to be either or.

Yeah, telling someone it's not a crime to give it a shot even if they do not meet the minimum requirement is equally 'not a crime' on its own. All the person will be loosing is their hard earned money, the stress of running up and down gathering the needed documents and months of endless worrying especially for someone with a high CN. Not bad at all, not bad!

Agree with this.

Also it does not matter what used to be, what matters is what they currently use as the requirement. If he is not eligible, he is not eligible, and that is the end of the story.

I wrote to the Nairobi US Embassy to clarify to me on the same "follow to join" and this how they replied :
Embassy of the United States of America and this was my question

QUESTION
"Kindly advice whether my family must accompany me for medical & VISA Interview or I will have to book them a separate date for medical / VISA appointment since on my DS 260 I have indicated they will NOT Accompany me but instead will come at later date.

Secondly,as the Principal applicant,should I bring their Travel Passports or any other document and pay their Visa in advance during my Interview or they should themselves bring them and pay during their interview.

REPPLY

United Nations Avenue

Gigiri, Nairobi, Kenya

Tel: 254-20-363-6622

July 21, 2014

Dear Mr. xxxxxx

Thank you for your email.

Please note that a medical examination is required for anyone who wishes to process the visa. Therefore, if your family will process the visa at a later date then they can wait to have the medical examination when they are ready........

Again, like I posted earlier, do come back and inform us when your family has been able to successfully process follow-to-join as 2015 DV derivatives.

I have written several messages requesting the UNLOCKING and the firdt being 2 months ago.You must be lucky.What actually did you tell them act that fisrt?

Did they respond to your messages?
Did you include all required information - your full name, date of birth (american style mm-dd-yy) and case number in your emails?