• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Egyptians meet here

This is exactly what i am thinking @Sam16XXX .... So now the challenge is to find any Egyptian, who processed abroad (Either in Abu dhabi or anywhere else) ....
I was in your case exactly, i'm living in China, but I didn't want to be interview in China or Hong Kong because its better to be in Cairo as they know our culture, our governmental doc how they look, i didn't want to take the risk of strange people in another embassy to check my case or our documents then they might have doubts in any doc, therfor i scheduled my interview in Cairo and we all travel especially for the interview with my family..and it was more than simple, didn't take 1 min....

I was in your case exactly, i'm living in China, but I didn't want to be interview in China or Hong Kong because its better to be in Cairo as they know our culture, our governmental doc how they look, i didn't want to take the risk of strange people in another embassy to check my case or our documents then they might have doubts in any doc, therfor i scheduled my interview in Cairo and we all travel especially for the interview with my family..and it was more than simple, didn't take 1 min....

I know man , and i was planning to change my interview location, but my employment situation was very complicated, and now i have to deal with it....

@Britsimon i received my passport two weeks ago and they fix the gender mistake however,my visa issued and printed on 14 may 2015 my wife visa and daughter issued and printed on 6 may 2015 but when i checked your report and the site https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx i found
Status Updated Date: 25-May-2015. why there is time gap ?

another question; my daughter's age when we made the medical check was 22 months old she didn't make the TB analysis ,we will travel after couple months her age will be 26 months old,should we make the TB analysis for her before we travel to USA?

@Britsimon i received my passport two weeks ago and they fix the gender mistake however,my visa issued and printed on 14 may 2015 my wife visa and daughter issued and printed on 6 may 2015 but when i checked your report and the site https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx i found
Status Updated Date: 25-May-2015. why there is time gap ?

another question; my daughter's age when we made the medical check was 22 months old she didn't make the TB analysis ,we will travel after couple months her age will be 26 months old,should we make the TB analysis for her before we travel to USA?

For part 1 I have no idea why the gap.

For part 2, no - don't bother with that UNLESS they tell you to (which I doubt).

@Britsimon for part 1

my wife visa printed on 6 may 2015, the website issued date was 6 may 2015. now the website read issued on 25 may 2015.
my daughter visa printed on 6 may 2015 ,the website issued date was 6 may 2015 .now the website read issued date on 17 may 2015.
my visa printed on 14 may 2015 ,the website issued date was 14 may 2015. now the website read issued date on 17 may 2015.

@Britsimon for part 1

my wife visa printed on 6 may 2015, the website issued date was 6 may 2015. now the website read issued on 25 may 2015.
my daughter visa printed on 6 may 2015 ,the website issued date was 6 may 2015 .now the website read issued date on 17 may 2015.
my visa printed on 14 may 2015 ,the website issued date was 14 may 2015. now the website read issued date on 17 may 2015.

Why do you care what the website says? You have your visas, it is the expiry date printed on them that is the only important date you need to worry about.

Hi guys just wanted to double check about something. Do we need to file a petition file ( sponsor) wih his bank details and stamped apllocation or just write the adress of someone in USA. Cuz some slelectee told me tht they have a sponsor. And i thought egyptian selectee are eexcempted from providing a sponsor. Please let me know ASAP specsilly who had their interview thanks everyone

Hi guys just wanted to double check about something. Do we need to file a petition file ( sponsor) wih his bank details and stamped apllocation or just write the adress of someone in USA. Cuz some slelectee told me tht they have a sponsor. And i thought egyptian selectee are eexcempted from providing a sponsor. Please let me know ASAP specsilly who had their interview thanks everyone

There is no formal "exemption" for Egyptians over this - but generally the I134 is not requested in Cairo. You would be wise to prepare some information on your finances and be prepared to explain how you will survive upon entering USA (such as a family member helping you etc).

There is no formal "exemption" for Egyptians over this - but generally the I134 is not requested in Cairo. You would be wise to prepare some information on your finances and be prepared to explain how you will survive upon entering USA (such as a family member helping you etc).
I was preparing many bank statements but they didn't ask for anything, the officer can realize if the applicant is able to support himself or not from his case documents.

Britsmon As a dv and computer programming expert do you think that the reported technical issue on travel state .gov might affect my interview after 10 days ??