• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Egyptians meet here

So you dunt think either they gonna ask for a 2nd visit for taking our fingerprint ( i mean does this technical error disables them taking the finger prints at the time of my interview or even the decision thatof the afficer to gant me visa will be delayed . Am sorry to ask so but the embassy is 230 KM AWAY FORM my cits thts why need to have some sort of predictions how am i affected

So you dunt think either they gonna ask for a 2nd visit for taking our fingerprint ( i mean does this technical error disables them taking the finger prints at the time of my interview or even the decision thatof the afficer to gant me visa will be delayed . Am sorry to ask so but the embassy is 230 KM AWAY FORM my cits thts why need to have some sort of predictions how am i affected
Ahmad I don't think there is a problem in Cairo Embassy on taking finger prints, no one mention it.

Just got thyis email from american embassy. Thought it would be of use to share with you guys. Good luck
Kindly note that you will bring your documents at the time of the interview. Translation and authentication are not mandatory for the documents. Please find the required documents below:

1. Applicant’s passport

2. Original of applicant’s education certificate + Copy

Regards,

Consular Section

U.S. Embassy, Cairo

MO

Thanks man for sharing this with us..... i have a question regarding the High school degree. I have re-issued a transcripts certificate from the Minister of Education but without a photo, is this the one ? do you think it would be acceptable

The problem seems to be with centralizing the biometric data, not with individual embassies being able to capture it.

Thanks man for sharing this with us..... i have a question regarding the High school degree. I have re-issued a transcripts certificate from the Minister of Education but without a photo, is this the one ? do you think it would be acceptable
I have this transcripts with me but she asked about the original certificate that I have it when I go to the university which luckily I have it with me.

You mean the arabic large certifcate which was at our file during university & we had it after we were graduated ( the one with a big table with all subjects written insude with a photograph on it ) ??? The english one wasnt enough??
Did you have to translate the arabic one??

Sheri
I have this transcripts with me but she asked about the original certificate that I have it when I go to the university which luckily I have it with me.
i think i ve lost the original arabic certifcate can you issue anothrr one!? Is the English transcript not enough?

Sheri

i think i ve lost the original arabic certifcate can you issue anothrr one!? Is the English transcript not enough?
I have it with me yes the arabic one with photo on it. my school didn't give me english version, after I gave her the new one she asked about the certificate I said to her they burn it as they do every 5 or more years she asked so how you enter the university? I told her with this and I gave her the arabic old certificate and she answered that's the one.

I don't know If I didn't have it what will be the situation, Luckily in the last moment I decided to take it with me. Remember she "the egyptian officer" has no right to decline or refuse she checks only your documents and tell the Consul and he has the final decision.

I have it with me yes the arabic one with photo on it. my school didn't give me english version, after I gave her the new one she asked about the certificate I said to her they burn it as they do every 5 or more years she asked so how you enter the university? I told her with this and I gave her the arabic old certificate and she answered that's the one.

I don't know If I didn't have it what will be the situation, Luckily in the last moment I decided to take it with me. Remember she "the egyptian officer" has no right to decline or refuse she checks only your documents and tell the Consul and he has the final decision.
I have met with this silly Egyptian lady and asked me about the original Thanaweya 3amma which have my photo, but i had been graduated from the university from 19 years and i haven't taken it from my university, therefore i have applied for one from ministry of education , stamped, translated, notarized in ministry of foreign affairs as well. When this silly lady checked my documents, she was very ridiculous and talking by mean way that how i don't have the original one !! i told her lost in the university and she kept laughing and said first time to hear that..then she asked me about my University certificate, then i gave her my Faculty of Engineering certificate then she kept silent. I really controlled myself from shouting to her about her attitude but i controlled my self of course cause i was in the US embassy....but the American officer was more than nice..smiling, and just asked few questions in 30 sec..that's it.

I have met with this silly Egyptian lady and asked me about the original Thanaweya 3amma which have my photo, but i had been graduated from the university from 19 years and i haven't taken it from my university, therefore i have applied for one from ministry of education , stamped, translated, notarized in ministry of foreign affairs as well. When this silly lady checked my documents, she was very ridiculous and talking by mean way that how i don't have the original one !! i told her lost in the university and she kept laughing and said first time to hear that..then she asked me about my University certificate, then i gave her my Faculty of Engineering certificate then she kept silent. I really controlled myself from shouting to her about her attitude but i controlled my self of course cause i was in the US embassy....but the American officer was more than nice..smiling, and just asked few questions in 30 sec..that's it.

Sheesh.

Sam. Am in same situation. I lost the original certifcate but i have the one from ministry of education in addition i have a master degree in radiology. You think this will not affect my visa ?? As this lady might tell me that my documents are missing. I wonder why they dunt consider the english one issued from ministry of education as a subtitute Its still issued from ministry of education and its still original!!!

Sam. Am in same situation. I lost the original certifcate but i have the one from ministry of education in addition i have a master degree in radiology. You think this will not affect my visa ?? As this lady might tell me that my documents are missing. I wonder why they dunt consider the english one issued from ministry of education as a subtitute Its still issued from ministry of education and its still original!!!

Tell her that you lost it in the university and show her the one you got plus your university certificate. That's more than enough...don't worry. Don't forget the military certificate as well no matter if u r exempted or not.

Thank you so much... Much much appreciated man :):)
I love the way people here help each other :):)
You are welcome Ahmed, We are from the same city..Alex....Pls don't hesitate to ask for any thing i might help, getting the visa is not the end...still long but systematic way after landing......I have landed already in California from one month and did a lot of procedures of moving in...When you are done..ask me for anything. I can give you my landing experience as well....

The same here with attitude from the rude Egyptian officer and the decent american officer.

Did you also have to "control yourself from shouting to her" and only have that control because you were in the US embassy?
I think I'm a calm guy in these situations and I was knowing they are rude before I go so I was prepared and knowing she doesn't hold the final decision, by the way when I was waiting for my number she was loud on the microphone talking to the interviewed man and she told him wash your hands and come for the finger prints and we all was hearing LOL