• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Egyptians meet here

Yea i know California is friendly with immigrants especially Mexicans i guess
but i meant cost of living to the minimum wage i calculated that few month ago and didn't seem good
u pay 20 grand a year on average and with 8$/H or even 10 that isn't good u gonna need 2 jobs to pay for that and when would u study ?
i mean ofc there's federal loans or somethinv like that but i prefer not to buy a service or good till u afford it
for the address can You quote the answer again,sorry
Edit : the address you receive GC at, you write it DS260
what do people do if they don't know anyone in the US
thank for help

You can always use a mail forwarding address there are few out there not sure if i can list them here ? if so Mods please remove this ?

Aramex shop and ship, MyUS, DHL they all can provide you with a mailing address that can then forward any letters/ boxes to you in Egypt. I'm sure there are others around that i do not know off.

hope that helps :)

what about scholarships? can foreigner student get scholarship to continue his study ?

Sure you're eligible, if your grades are very good. A girl from my class at high school got a sport scholarship to a good college so sport is also an option if you're good at that.

Nope I am not good at sport and I was talking about postgraduate studies! you still in high school?

No I'm not haha. My school friend is still there, 20-something years later.

Postgrad - same considerations. If your undergrad grades are very good you stand a chance. Many colleges offer funded PhDs with teaching/research assistant jobs as part of the package.

No I'm not haha. My school friend is still there, 20-something years later.

Postgrad - same considerations. If your undergrad grades are very good you stand a chance. Many colleges offer funded PhDs with teaching/research assistant jobs as part of the package.
By very good you mean First class honor?

You can always use a mail forwarding address there are few out there not sure if i can list them here ? if so Mods please remove this ?

Aramex shop and ship, MyUS, DHL they all can provide you with a mailing address that can then forward any letters/ boxes to you in Egypt. I'm sure there are others around that i do not know off.

hope that helps :)

You can't typically use a mail forwarding address for the DS260 - it needs to be a "real" address.

All kinds of immigrants, not just Mexicans! Many Asians (both east and subcontinent)! Many Africans!
Yeah it's expensive but anywhere as a student will be ...
I stand corrected but I think state colleges are well less than $20k a year for instate residents.
Yea sure but mostly u got to pay taxes for about one year to get in statr tution differ from state to state
i don't have any problem with sleeping 5H a day to study and work
whatever maybe i'll get the chance later
ty for help
since when r u in US Anyway?

You can't typically use a mail forwarding address for the DS260 - it needs to be a "real" address.
So whats do u do if u can't rent a temporary mailbox or know anyone in us?
Rent a room at craiglist and give the address at the airport?
will the interviewer accept?

Guys - who is/was processing in Abu Dhabi ??? i need to know which translator is approved by US embassy in Abu Dhabi.... please help

I have translated all my doc in 3 ministries in Cairo..I have sent some one to do them all, then certify them from ministry of foreign affairs in Smouha near Zahran mall or San Stefano. But now need to translate the army exemption cert., so after i know that office Nadory & nahas in 71 Sultan Hussein st, i'm thining to translate it there. Yes you need to make police certificate once you get scheduled, so it will be within the validity. I choose Dr. Amr cause its closer to my home in Gleem.

Sam - did you certify the military certificate from ministry of foreign affairs? (as you mentioned in San Stefano)

@megoman yes my interview was in Cairo
But the translator office said They don't attest it at the ministry of foreign affairs.

@H.KABBANI - so should i assume that i will not be asked to provide any attestation for the military record ? to be honest, the idea of missing any single detail in my documents is freaking me out !

Thanks for the details man