• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 Egyptians meet here

I think I'm a calm guy in these situations and I was knowing they are rude before I go so I was prepared and knowing she doesn't hold the final decision, by the way when I was waiting for my number she was loud on the microphone talking to the interviewed man and she told him wash your hands and come for the finger prints and we all was hearing LOL

Ok, so at least you don't accuse other people of being rude while being rude yourself, unlike some others :D

But actually in many embassies you overhear conversations between COs and interviewees - not just Cairo - that is why they all have a separate room or two for if they need proper privacy for interviews.

After the visa is approved at the embassy, is there a way to checkup on the Ready/Issued status online!? I tried the Case Number (2015*) in CEACStatTracker/Status but it told me the number is not right. I wasn't given another Case Number, or is there another page to check at, or none at all?

After the visa is approved at the embassy, is there a way to checkup on the Ready/Issued status online!? I tried the Case Number (2015*) in CEACStatTracker/Status but it told me the number is not right. I wasn't given another Case Number, or is there another page to check at, or none at all?
Erase the excess zeros like that 2015AF15XXX

I'm from Egypt I've won the dv lottery first letter with CN 2015AF29XXX Is there a chance to have an interview ?
August bulletin was Egypt 28,700

I'm from Egypt I've won the dv lottery first letter with CN 2015AF29XXX Is there a chance to have an interview ?
August bulletin was Egypt 28,700
Hope so, I think you have a chance if your are low 29XXX, although Britsimon thinks Egypt may become exhausted in September.

what do u mean by exhausted in September ?
I mean they may have no visa left in Sep

Not exactly what I mean. What I mean is there is a good chance that there is no further VB increase for Egypt in September. It is NOT for sure at all - simply based on an old estimate I did that suggested the country limit of 7% could be hit by ~28500 - so since the number increased to slightly above that number it is a possibility that there would be no further increase. This is what they did last year, whereas in years where the region has gone current Egypt would have been able to be "unlimited".

THe reality is - no one knows for sure - and the only time we will know is when the VB is published in July - about 3.5 weeks from now. So - good luck to all.

Not exactly what I mean. What I mean is there is a good chance that there is no further VB increase for Egypt in September. It is NOT for sure at all - simply based on an old estimate I did that suggested the country limit of 7% could be hit by ~28500 - so since the number increased to slightly above that number it is a possibility that there would be no further increase. This is what they did last year, whereas in years where the region has gone current Egypt would have been able to be "unlimited".

THe reality is - no one knows for sure - and the only time we will know is when the VB is published in July - about 3.5 weeks from now. So - good luck to all.
Dear Mr.Britsimon
this mean there is a hope
when i calculated the number of visas released by Cairo embassy 2400 at January (20900) by rate of 111 per 1000 it means it means it may release a number of visas last year Cairo embassy
this is right?

Dear Mr.Britsimon
this mean there is a hope
when i calculated the number of visas released by Cairo embassy 2400 at January (20900) by rate of 111 per 1000 it means it means it may release a number of visas last year Cairo embassy
this is right?

In about 3 weeks we will know for sure....

Were you informed that your visa was approved sheri1983?? What is your status. ?? Its too long since 31/5 specially that this was before the technical error

Were you informed that your visa was approved sheri1983?? What is your status. ?? Its too long since 31/5 specially that this was before the technical error
Yes it was approved and I have a friend who was approved from 26-5 and still waiting, I don't know what is happening at cairo Embassy no updates and me and her still Ready