• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

i believe curricular practical training is NOT unauthorized employment.
With new, endorsed I-20 with CPT authorization, electronically authorized by USCIS through SEVIS, complying with any restrictions on employment as stipulated in the endorsement. Hopefully unauthorized employment is NOT the underlying reason for the refusal in this case, due to potential complications mentioned earlier.

Hello everyone,

Here's a little interesting story about my case. After getting no clear answer during my InfoPass appointment on Sep 21st I totally gave up on the case and prepared to apply for GC through my employer. However, I received a phone call from the supervisor who was working on my case on Sep 28th who invited me for an interview on Sep 29th. The interview was very fun. We joked and laughed for about 15 minutes. The only original documents that she checked were my passport, driver's license and my H1B docs. She asked a couple of questions about my job and went over the usual series of questions about criminal activities, etc. At the end of the interview she told me that she's still waiting for my clearance and if she gets it by 4:30PM Sep 30th she can approve my case. She said she would call me to give me a birthday gift if she received it (today is my birthday).

I received a phone call at 3:50PM - just 40 minutes before the deadline - and the officer told me that she's approved the case and I should receive the green card in about 3-4 weeks and if I don't receive it by then I should get an InfoPass. I immediately checked my status online but it was still showing the "we received your fingerprint fees..." message. I checked again in 10 minutes at which point it was updated and said on such and such date we ordered card production.

I want to thank everyone on this forum who helped me go through this process. Especially mom and britsmon who gave detailed explanation of every step of the way. I will update the timeline when I receive the green card, but I guess this will be my last post here.

Best wishes to those of us who couldn't get their green cards and congrats to everyone who is a permanent resident now. Today is my birthday and the day that I became a permanent resident in the US. This calls for a wild party. I'm off to go out and have a blast.

Cheers,
Armin

Wow. That is cool.

The last day of the fiscal year is as appropriate a time to thank and give a big round of applause to @Sm1smom, @Britsimon in particular, and to everyone. Thanks for seeing the 2015 cohort through.
Please know that you have my eternal gratitude!

Oh yeah ...... [making the Dr. Evil laugh] ...... you're forever indebted to me.

Just kidding, truly glad to have been of help to you and the rest of the gang. ;) Your success stories makes my days!

Congratulations everyone received the GC and so sorry for those who couldn't finish it as we all were hope and expect. wish a good luck. Bless you all.

Got my Card Yesterday in the mail!!! And my wife got her Passport stamped! She's coming next week! I want to thank all of you for helping and assisting me throughout this whole process. It was long, stressful but we made it. May God bless y'all. All the best. Merci Beaucoup :) :) :)

Would you please write a short explanation of the process for the FTJ part. The forms used, how you filed the form, how they FO and the embassy got things worked out. This type of case happens rarely, but your successful experience may help others.

Hi all, as I understand the health Insurrance is required for GC holder, what is your advise for us as a family? now zero income and found job without health benefits and the future income will be around $3,200 totally for both of us and have 2 children. Some people say Obama care and some say medicate Insurrance which provides by the state. What do you think or in your opinion? I am thinking to stoped go to the school. Is it ok after they got copy from my GC? Thanks

Hello

I am green card lottery winner for 2015. I did my interview and USCIS denied my file becuase I forget to list my ex fiance in my I 485. I recieve letter state that I can file motion to reopen within 33 day. My question is : can I file motion after that end of Fiscal year.

Hello

I am green card lottery winner for 2015. I did my interview and USCIS denied my file becuase I forget to list my ex fiance in my I 485. I recieve letter state that I can file motion to reopen within 33 day. My question is : can I file motion after that end of Fiscal year.
Unfortunately any motion after September 30, 2015 can by law not result in DV-2015 visa to be issued for you and/or your ex fiancé.

Hello

I'm sorry about your denial, although I must confess I find it weird and unbelievable that your case was denied for failure to list an 'ex-fiancé'. A fiancé isn't entitled to immigration benefits to start with, so not quite sure how failure to list such a person could lead to the denial.

Anyway, because the 2015 FY is over, a motion to appeal cannot be successfully filed in your case anymore regardless of the reason for the denial.

I'm sorry about your denial, although I must confess I find it weird and unbelievable that your case was denied for failure to list an 'ex-fiancé'. A fiancé isn't entitled to immigration benefits to start with, so not quite sure how failure to list such a person could lead to the denial.

Anyway, because the 2015 FY is over, a motion to appeal cannot be successfully filed in your case anymore regardless of the reason for the denial.
Possibly the "ex-fiancé" turned out to be an "ex-wife", with the two of them still being married to each other... :)

Possibly the "ex-fiancé" turned out to be an "ex-wife", with the two of them still being married to each other... :)

Well then, he should simply say 'ex-wife', which would mean he needed to present a divorce certificate if indeed it's a case of ex-wife - and even at that, one cannot be denied for not listing an ex-wife on the I-485 like he said. And if indeed he's still married but claimed he's single, then the denial would make sense.

Hello guys,
Missed our conversation with you all and wish you all the best, I want to ask you about the SSN ;
In first week of September 2015 after we received our green cards, we went to the SSN administration officer to apply for the SSN card for all of us, after 2 weeks I received mine and my wife's one, my children is yet didn't come and now more than 2 month.
I go there every 10 days and said the homeland security didn't approve the children yet, any advice from your experience.
I'm not sure where I have to post this question and hope I didn't make any confusion for any one of you.
Bless you all

I go there every 10 days and said the homeland security didn't approve the children yet, any advice from your experience.
I'm not sure where I have to post this question and hope I didn't make any confusion for any one of you.
Bless you all

I've never heard of that as a reason, but if the children have got green cards then that surely that is all they need as evidence of "approval"? Have you shown them the green cards for the children?