• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

A big thank you to Sm1smom, Britsmon.. and everyone else.. I received my welcome letter.. and online it says card was mailed... this forum really helps, keep up the great work guys, your selfless efforts are greatly appreciated for generations to come!! super excited!!

I had my interview on September 23th! My interview went pretty good and the officer was very nice to me. When he was about to approved me, the system wouldn't let him and the screen displayed something like "this case has not been requested at your field office". So he called KCC right away and they said that since I applied for follow to join my case was sent in my home country's embassy... The officer told them that he needed them to take care of it so he can approve me. They told him to give them until 7:30am the following day. So I went home a bit disappointed. The next day at 7:45am I received a call from the officer telling me it was all good and that I am approved!. He told me to come over because he needed to give me some documents I forgot there and my approval notice too. When I went there he gave me back my originals and my approval notice. Then he emailed my home country embassy to let them know I've been approved and that they should interview my wife as soon as possible so she can get her visa before the FY end. The embassy already have her package so I hope they'll call her on Monday and interview her too.

"On September 24, 2015, we registered your permanent resident status and mailed you a Welcome Notice .Your new permanent resident card should arrive by November 23, 2015, after this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later." this is what I'm seeing when I check my status. What is ADIT??? What should I do?

I had my interview on September 23th! My interview went pretty good and the officer was very nice to me. When he was about to approved me, the system wouldn't let him and the screen displayed something like "this case has not been requested at your field office". So he called KCC right away and they said that since I applied for follow to join my case was sent in my home country's embassy... The officer told them that he needed them to take care of it so he can approve me. They told him to give them until 7:30am the following day. So I went home a bit disappointed. The next day at 7:45am I received a call from the officer telling me it was all good and that I am approved!. He told me to come over because he needed to give me some documents I forgot there and my approval notice too. When I went there he gave me back my originals and my approval notice. Then he emailed my home country embassy to let them know I've been approved and that they should interview my wife as soon as possible so she can get her visa before the FY end. The embassy already have her package so I hope they'll call her on Monday and interview her too.

That's cool. Congratulations. Hope your wife is able to scale through also.

"On September 24, 2015, we registered your permanent resident status and mailed you a Welcome Notice .Your new permanent resident card should arrive by November 23, 2015, after this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later." this is what I'm seeing when I check my status. What is ADIT??? What should I do?

You're not required to do anything. Never mind the "ADIT" information, nothing you need to worry about. Expect your GC in the mail.

@Sm1smom Mom are all your "kids" accounted for for this fiscal year or are we not there yet?

Lol re 'my kids'. :D:D:D

I think my 2015 kids are all accounted for. There are however some step-kids :p (none forum members or posters(?) listed on the Timelines spreadsheet that I'm not quite sure of - they haven't bothered to return and update their information.

Thanks to everyone on this forum, especially on this thread, especially to the Super Moderators!
The interview on Monday (9/21) passed successfully without any problems. Questions were asked:
- Yes/No questions from I-485
- Where the husband is working (H-1B, programmer).
The officer took a letter from the employer (employment date, position, salary, permanent).
None of originals were asked.
The officer reserved and printed the visas numbers then approved all our cases, stamped our I-485, sang happy birthday and welcomed to USA.
I started receiving notifications about status change in 2 hours.
I have an account in MyUSPS - recommend to everyone register there. I got e-mail notifications from USPS about something coming from USCIS to my address with $100 insurance.
Today I received both Welcome Letters and Green Cards!

Congratulations!!

Lol re 'my kids'. :D:D:D

I think my 2015 kids are all accounted for. There are however some step-kids :p (none forum members or posters(?) listed on the Timelines spreadsheet that I'm not quite sure of - they haven't bothered to return and update their information.

Yayy that means everyone was approved in time, so awesome! :D

Congratulations every body, so happy for all if you. Thanks a lot for all those who help specially Mom, Brits and all the moderators.

Is there any news about Levo?

My wife just passed her interview too! Just in time! I am soo grateful to y'all. Couldn't get us both in without your help. Thank you Thank you Thank you! :)

So happy to hear that! So lucky you had a helpful consulate :) All the best and enjoy both being green :)

Am I supposed to apply for a new SSN?

(also, I just got my new driver's license and it expires in 2022 so that was fun!)

It's a good idea to apply for a replacement SSN card, the new card will be without the "VALID FOR WORK ONLY WITH DHS AUTHORIZATION" restriction typically listed on a work based SSN card.