• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

1819769m0a5ifibme.gif

(Sorry...couldn't resist :oops: )

:rolleyes::rolleyes: Lol

That makes a lot of sense. Thank You so much!! My fear again was submitting more paperwork at the biometric may in some shape or form slow down the process. What do I know? Nothing! May be Mom can help too.

You cannot submit additional documents during the bio appointment. They're not authorized to collect documents, they have no access to what you've submitted. Additional documents can only be presented at the time of the interview.

I keep monitoring this forum for the past few weeks, and it has been very useful for me so far.

I just want to share that I also did my interview sometime last week, the interviewing officer said that everything was OK and I should expect my green card in 2-3 weeks. My case status however did not change until now. As I was reading this thread, I saw recently there has been a lot of cases where the card production was not ordered for weeks after the interview due to KCC not sending the file to FO earlier. I was slightly worried about this and so I tried to call KCC yesterday, and true enough my file has been requested since June 9, but KCC has not sent my case file to the FO (meaning it's been more than 35 days now since the FO requested it). They say they are going to send the file soon by this week. Does KCC usually take this long to send the case file?

so we still wait adjudication - was first a 35day delay from KCC, and had two infopasses - on first i was said that they wait something from third party agency, but on second i was told they have eveything and just havent adjudicated yet.
s1mom what can you advice? still not a hurry, but september 30th is coming :)

Finally my FO has requested my file from KCC last Friday since I did my bio back in 2/19.......my FO is Los Angeles...KCC said they are sending a bunch out today and tomorrow....and they are sending them via email?? I thought mom mentioned it before its a actual mail package instead of sending it electronically!!??

There's no time frame for requesting for the KCC file, each FO operates independent of the other. Some make the request prior to the interview and others 'forget' and make the request after the interview. The online case status will not indicate if the IL has been mailed. You will need to go online and register to enable them notify you when there's an update such as the IL being sent.
Mom,
When registering for an account online, will it show past information such as acceptance of application (NOA Form I-797C) or it will only show information of the time when online account was opened and future?
If I'm correct, Form G-1145 (E-notification of application) only for the purpose of initial acceptance of application?

Mom,
When registering for an account online, will it show past information such as acceptance of application (NOA Form I-797C) or it will only show information of the time when online account was opened and future?
If I'm correct, Form G-1145 (E-notification of application) only for the purpose of initial acceptance of application?

If memory serves me well, it will show the most current status/action taken. The information displayed is basically the same as one sees when you type in your Accptance Notification number/receipt. The only advantage of registering is that you get notified by text or/and email when something is mailed out to you. Without registering online, there will be no further notification, you simply get the mail whenever it shows up in your mail box. And yes, G-1145 is only for the initial acceptance notification.

Sm1smom,
congressional inquiry revealed that security checks are pending on our case, do you have any info what kind of checks it could be? i believe it's not FBI name check as it is always completed prior to the interview, right?

Hello All,
If a document is being translated from one language to English by a person who is authorised to do so in the home country with the stamp of his translation service what all other documents are required with that? For ex his certificate copy, letter stating that he has translated the doc? Thanks!
We got the translated documents attached to the original, along with a certification from the translator, stating that he is competent to translate from that language to English AND that the translation is accurate. that's all you need.

We got the translated documents attached to the original, along with a certification from the translator, stating that he is competent to translate from that language to English AND that the translation is accurate. that's all you need.
Oops, just seeing that mom already responded...o_O

Hello all,

Congratulations to the ones who have already got their GC and good luck to the rest. Hope you all get good news soon. I am a DV-2016 selectee. The reason I am posting my question here is I was guessing you guys may have encountered with the related post or at least heard about it. Referring to Mom's helpful suggestions, if we will be current for October, we better wait and file the AOS package the first day October, not sooner. That makes sense as it is a whole new fiscal year. However, it has been a couple of days that I was thinking about taking the risk and file my package sooner (if I am up by october), upon the release of the new visa numbers on Aug or Sep. Just was wondering if you guys had any experience or recall a case with problems for early filing. I might help the others who have similar questions to see whether early filing for the beginning of the FY is a good idea or not. According to the time table, we had people waiting till October or filing during September or Aug.

Thanks.
We were current in October of this fiscal year and filed early at the end of August. Our file was accepted at the Chicago lockbox but almost rejected by the FO because they were not familiar with the Early filing Memo. Luckily, the FO supervisor took the time to call me before rejecting the file and I told her about the memo, read it over the phone with her, and convinced her that we were in fact authorized to file early (you can read about my experience in earlier posts on this thread, as well as others who were unfortunately rejected and had to re-file)...It really depends on how knowledgable your FO or whoever gets your file at the Chicago Lockbox is...If I had to do it again, I would have probably just wait until the last days of September to send the package in cause it really does not make much of a difference when you are current in October, you have time on your side... but I understand how you might be anxious to file early...it's a chance you would be taking and only you can decide. Good luck

The online status isn't going to change until a decision is made one way or the other.

I just checked my case status online via USCIS website. It shows both my husband and my case were updated. They just ordered new cards for us and will sent it to our address soon.

super cheerful right now!!

If memory serves me well, it will show the most current status/action taken. The information displayed is basically the same as one sees when you type in your Accptance Notification number/receipt. The only advantage of registering is that you get notified by text or/and email when something is mailed out to you. Without registering online, there will be no further notification, you simply get the mail whenever it shows up in your mail box. And yes, G-1145 is only for the initial acceptance notification.
Mom,
In regards to FO requesting the file from KCC, is that done electronically? and was that the same procedure in the fiscal year of 2014?

Sm1smom,
congressional inquiry revealed that security checks are pending on our case, do you have any info what kind of checks it could be? i believe it's not FBI name check as it is always completed prior to the interview, right?

The background check isn't always necessarily completed prior to the interview taking place, it could still be pending completion as at the time an interview is scheduled to take place. For the different types of check that could possibly be carried out, check the following link:

http://forums.immigration.com/threads/an-open-letter-to-simon.321638/page-3#post-2352701

Hi All,

Just to give an update of my case: I got my interview letter yesterday, with the interview scheduled for the 31st of July. This was much faster than I expected (I received my bio letter less than 2 weeks ago) but of course, no complaints at all here :)

I have some questions regarding the interview letter itself however. The back of my interview letter included a notice saying:

"DIVERSITY VISA APPLICANTS: Please bring the following documentation to your I-485 Interview:"

Most of the stuff listed seem to be very standard (birth certificate, i-94, passport etc.) but I'm a little bit unsure about three of the items listed:

- "High school diploma and/or college degree & official transcripts (if foreign, MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY OFFICIAL EVALUATION/CERTIFICATE - i.e.: World Education Services/WES, or must submit proof of qualifying training/work experience)"

The bolding/underlining above was copied exactly as it appeared in the notice on the back of the interview letter.

While I sent copies of all my college and high school transcripts with my AOS package and will of course bring the originals with me, I have not obtained an "official evaluation/certificate" for them. Does anyone have any experience with this? As all my high school and college transcripts are in English (high school and college both done in the UK) and the spreadsheet did not mention this directly, I had perhaps incorrectly assumed this would not be needed. I have honestly never really heard of "WES" , they appear to be a private company not affiliated with the US government?

- "Must show that you will not become a public charge by mans of the following:
- Providing your pay stubs, employment verification letter, and latest tax returns/W-2s (full time work only)
- Or you must provide a sponsor to complete and sign the I-134 Affidavit of Support, write a letter of support in which he/she states that you will become a public charge in the United States, and provide current pay stubs and employment letter if employed"

I found this paragraph a little bit hard to understand (I assume they mean "means" rather than "mans" too :p). I had obtained an I-134 Affidavit of Support, with the supporting document being a copy of my sponsor's passport photo page and a copy of his W-2 from the last fiscal year. As I mentioned in a previous post, I had not included this in my AOS package, but I am planning on bringing it to my interview.

- Will just last year's W-2 be enough? Or would you think I would need more documentation? They did ask for "current pay stubs and employment letter if employed" but now I'm a bit nervous if I can get this within the next 10 days!

- They also seem to want a "letter of support" in addition to the I-134, which I have not read anything about prior to this. I have not obtained this either (I also assume "letter of support in which he/states states that you will become a public charge in the United States" is an error as well, since I would have thought the idea is to not become a public charge!). Does anyone have any experience with this, and what the letter should say?

The last item on this notice is "Proof of Address" - would anyone happen to know what is commonly used for this purpose? Will utility bills be ok?

Hi All,

Just to give an update of my case: I got my interview letter yesterday, with the interview scheduled for the 31st of July. This was much faster than I expected (I received my bio letter less than 2 weeks ago) but of course, no complaints at all here :)

I have some questions regarding the interview letter itself however. The back of my interview letter included a notice saying:

"DIVERSITY VISA APPLICANTS: Please bring the following documentation to your I-485 Interview:"

Most of the stuff listed seem to be very standard (birth certificate, i-94, passport etc.) but I'm a little bit unsure about three of the items listed:

- "High school diploma and/or college degree & official transcripts (if foreign, MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY OFFICIAL EVALUATION/CERTIFICATE - i.e.: World Education Services/WES, or must submit proof of qualifying training/work experience)"

The bolding/underlining above was copied exactly as it appeared in the notice on the back of the interview letter.

While I sent copies of all my college and high school transcripts with my AOS package and will of course bring the originals with me, I have not obtained an "official evaluation/certificate" for them. Does anyone have any experience with this? As all my high school and college transcripts are in English (high school and college both done in the UK) and the spreadsheet did not mention this directly, I had perhaps incorrectly assumed this would not be needed. I have honestly never really heard of "WES" , they appear to be a private company not affiliated with the US government?

- "Must show that you will not become a public charge by mans of the following:
- Providing your pay stubs, employment verification letter, and latest tax returns/W-2s (full time work only)
- Or you must provide a sponsor to complete and sign the I-134 Affidavit of Support, write a letter of support in which he/she states that you will become a public charge in the United States, and provide current pay stubs and employment letter if employed"

I found this paragraph a little bit hard to understand (I assume they mean "means" rather than "mans" too :p). I had obtained an I-134 Affidavit of Support, with the supporting document being a copy of my sponsor's passport photo page and a copy of his W-2 from the last fiscal year. As I mentioned in a previous post, I had not included this in my AOS package, but I am planning on bringing it to my interview.

- Will just last year's W-2 be enough? Or would you think I would need more documentation? They did ask for "current pay stubs and employment letter if employed" but now I'm a bit nervous if I can get this within the next 10 days!

- They also seem to want a "letter of support" in addition to the I-134, which I have not read anything about prior to this. I have not obtained this either (I also assume "letter of support in which he/states states that you will become a public charge in the United States" is an error as well, since I would have thought the idea is to not become a public charge!). Does anyone have any experience with this, and what the letter should say?

The last item on this notice is "Proof of Address" - would anyone happen to know what is commonly used for this purpose? Will utility bills be ok?
1. Our IL had the same list. We obtained the official evaluation from foreign credits. The immigration officer went by this list at the interview so she did ask for it. It's essentially an evaluation by that confirms/certifies that your degree is indeed the equivalent of a high school degree in the US. Google Foreign credits and you can decide if you need this or not. We wanted to be on the safe side so we got it.

2. We also had only one W2 and it was fine.

3. We had sufficient savings so did not provide I-134s, etc. Wait for Mom and others' advice on this point.

4. Your driver's license or bank statements/utility bills in your name are proof of address.

Good luck