• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

Hi Mom @Sm1smom. We went for our interview yesterday. After checking in, the officer called our number about 10-15 minutes passed the scheduled time for the interview. He then directed us to his office and asked us to raise the right hand and say the aoth ( I did not expect that!). Then he asked for our passports and explained that it is his first DV case so he will follow the instructions from a printed draft he had on his desk. He then went over our documents again and again and again... for about 10 minutes and did not say a word but took some notes sometimes. Then he asked us the questions on I-485 form and spend a few more minutes reviewing the documents and checking the instruction. Finally, he removed the I-94's from both of our passports and said everything is OK and he will approve our case after requesting visas from department of state and that we'll recieve the GCs in 2-4 weeks. I asked him if background checks have been done and he responded yes.

I have two questions now: 1) Why did he remove I-94? I was told it should'nt be removed until we exit the country for the first time! ( I asked him and he said we should keep it in file). And 2) How long does requesting visas from DOS take? It's been more than 24 hrs and our case status has not changed. I thought it would get approved yesterday!

Thans again Mom!

Remove the I-94 is a standard practice especially when the IO is convinced the petition will be approved (some forget to remove/collect the I-94 though), nothing to worry about.

Relax! There's no rule that says the case must be approved immediately following the interview or in no more than 24 hours. Obviously, the IO has shown an indication of approving the case with the collection of the I-94, I however wouldn't be surprised if he decided to review the case again on his own since it's his first DV case like you stated, hence the delay. You're through with the major part of the process. Exercise some patience.

Remove the I-94 is a standard practice especially when the IO is convinced the petition will be approved (some forget to remove/collect the I-94 though), nothing to worry about.

Relax! There's no rule that says the case must be approved immediately following the interview or in no more than 24 hours. Obviously, the IO has shown an indication of approving the case with the collection of the I-94, I however wouldn't be surprised if he decided to review the case again on his own since it's his first DV case like you stated, hence the delay. You're through with the major part of the process. Exercise some patience.
When they sent you the first acceptance text message or email or when they cashed your fees?
I sent 2 weeks ago and didn't recieve anything even they didn't cash the fees.

When they sent you the first acceptance text message or email or when they cashed your fees?
I sent 2 weeks ago and didn't recieve anything even they didn't cash the fees.

Acceptance could sometimes take up to 4 weeks. Refer to the timelines on the AOS spreadsheet to see how long it took others.

We received our Green cards today

We would like to give our heartfelt thanks to the administrators of this forum for providing us such a platform which showed us the way.

As an experience of high value, we want to share the following:

Interview

· It took 15 to 20 min

· The interviewer was a nice lady

· We were asked to provide passports

· The officer checked if we didn’t go out of status after we came here as students (F1)

· Just some questions on the I-485

· Overall, easy and quiet friendly

Marriage after being selected for further processing

I and my wife got married after I knew that I was selected for further processing. Our relationship goes ways back; even before the entry for the DV program. There was quiet enough digital and physical evidence supporting that. When I first entered the application and when I was selected for further processing, we were in relationship (engaged), but, since that can’t be legally documented, on the application form –I was single. Our wedding was long planned and it happened at the time it was planned to be done. For the interview, we took the printouts of all the digital (skype, Facebook, phone and everything available). But, the officer seemed to read the chemistry between us and didn’t ask much about that (but she knew when it happened).

I shared this thinking that it would help some of you.

Advice

For everyone who is going by adjustment of status, you took an excellent step by landing at this forum. The next step is to read everything that is provided by the administrators. Read, Read, and Read.

Good luck to everyone!

Last edited:
We received our Green cards today

We would like to give our heartfelt thanks to the administrators of this forum for providing us such a platform which showed us the way.

As an experience of high value, we want to share the following:

Interview

· It took 15 to 20 min

· The interviewer was a nice lady

· We were asked to provide passports

· The officer checked if we didn’t go out of status after we came here as students (F1)

· Just some questions on the I-485

· Overall, easy and quiet friendly

Marriage after being selected for further processing

I and my wife got married after I knew that I was selected for further processing. Our relationship goes ways back; even before the entry for the DV program. There was quiet enough digital and physical evidence supporting that. When I first entered the application and when I was selected for further processing, we were in relationship (engaged), but, since that can’t be legally documented, on the application form –I was single. Our wedding was long planned and it happened at the time it was planned to be done. For the interview, we took the printouts of all the digital (skype, Facebook, phone and everything available). But, the officer seemed to read the chemistry between us and didn’t ask much about that (but she knew when it happened).

I shared this thinking that it would help some of you.

Advice

For everyone who is going by adjustment of status, you took an excellent step by landing at this forum. The next step is to read everything that is provided by the administrators. Read, Read, and Read.

Good luck to everyone!

Congratulations!

Hi. Have anyone had experience with calling USCIS 1800 # to expedite their case ? I had my bio walk in back in Feb so I called this morning and they said they can send a request to local FO. Thanks!

Hi Mom. I think one of my friends can fill out the I-134 form for me. But I'm not sure if he is qualified. He has a green card and he is a PhD student in the U.S with $20,000 per year. He won the lottery of 2013. Is he qualified to fill out the form for me?

Hi Mom. I think one of my friends can fill out the I-134 form for me. But I'm not sure if he is qualified. He has a green card and he is a PhD student in the U.S with $20,000 per year. He won the lottery of 2013. Is he qualified to fill out the form for me?

If he has an annual income of $20,000 and there's just him in his household, plus you which makes 2, then he should be okay to fill the affidavit.

Yes, he has an annual income 0f $20,000 and there's just him in his household, but there are my wife and me, also my annual income is $17000 and I am a PhD student here. Actually, my wife won the lottery. under these circumstances do you think that it would be ok if my friend fill out the form?

Also, I asked my friend and he didn't know that how he can have a w2 form of tax. Because, he already send it for the tax return.

Yes, he has an annual income 0f $20,000 and there's just him in his household, but there are my wife and me, also my annual income is $17000 and I am a PhD student here. Actually, my wife won the lottery. under these circumstances do you think that it would be ok if my friend fill out the form?

Also, I asked my friend and he didn't know that how he can have a w2 form of tax. Because, he already send it for the tax return.

Your friend's income makes him ineligible to fill out an an I-134 if the number of household member is 3 in that case, regardless of how much you're making on your own. (As an aside, your friend should have kept a copy of his W-2 though, but that doesn't matter anymore since he's no longer qualified for act as your sponsor). Here's a link for determining the required minimum income as related to the number of household members, for anyone else you might be considering using:

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-864p.pdf

If you opt for a court hearing, regardless of of whether you win or loose the case, you may have to provide a record with your filing, especially if the traffic incident is drug or alcohol related, or if the fine or penalty for the traffic incident is $500 or more

Unless a traffic incident was alcohol or drug- related, you do not need to submit documentation for traffic fines and incidents that did not involve an actual arrest if the only penalty was a fine of less than $500 and/or points on your driver's license.

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-485instr.pdf (p.3)
Thank you for your help
My traffic ticket is $70. $35 for failure to report change address ( I moved from CA to MA ) and $35 failure to yield oncoming traffic.
My friend advised me to go for hearing. That is why I am asking about the court record.

Thank you for your help
My traffic ticket is $70. $35 for failure to report change address ( I moved from CA to MA ) and $35 failure to yield oncoming traffic.
My friend advised me to go for hearing. That is why I am asking about the court record.

Isn't your time worth more than the $75 fine? Oh well!

Hi,
Concerning Bank statement, for how many months we should provide bank statement? 3 or 6 months
I don't have income.
Thanks

Didn't we already go over this? If you're not earning an income, then you must find someone to provide you with an affidavit of support. Anyway, the bank statements can be for 3 - 6 months.

People typically just walk in (like the name says) and hand over their bio notice with no explanation with the hope that it gets accepted with no question asked. However, in your case, if asked or if told to come back on your assigned date (like they sometimes tell people), politely tell them you will be out of town on that day and request them to kindly accept your case. Go with the evidence of your scheduled trip and present it only if asked. They could very well tell you to come back the day before your trip or they could attend to you right away. What ever you do, DO NOT call the listed number and request for a new date.
Thank you Sm1smom. I tried to do walk-in yesterday but they did not let me do it. They said they will not do walk-in and suggested rescheduling if unable to make it on the scheduled date. I am not sure if it varies with the state's law or officer. I saw some people in this forum have done walkin done.

Jawan14