• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

contacted KCC about if they have sent a file to USCIS FO,
their response was strange. Looks like they got a request but haven't sent that yet.... that explains why CPO is not coming up...

Guys,

My number is current for July. I sent my AOS package to chicago luckbox on Tuesday. It was delivered today morning. How long should I wait to hear back from them in general?

Jawan

Allright, so I have my infopass coming up this Tuesday. As a reminder, I had my interview two months ago, an RFE one week later and since then nothing. Two questions:
  1. Is there anything specific I need to mention/ask, or just mention my case and the time it's been?
  2. You'll recall that I entered the lottery without one of my middle names. (My full name is, for eg, John Jáy Jacob Smith, and I entered the lottery as John Jacob Smith, missing out the middle name with the accent since I wasn't sure whether I should type it in without the accent, and because the form said middle NAME singular). Every other document/form/etc... contains my full name with both middle names (except for DS-260 - my lawyer never filed it and wrote to the department of state directly instead). No-one has brought it up so far (not at the interview, not in the RFE), but in case it comes up at the infopass, any advice on how to approach that discussion?
Thanks!

Guys,

My number is current for July. I sent my AOS package to chicago luckbox on Tuesday. It was delivered today morning. How long should I wait to hear back from them in general?

Jawan

I guess for some it is indeed a LUCKbox - nice typo ;-)

This spreadsheet contain's previous people experiences in re: timeline - you should find the answer to your question there:

Allright, so I have my infopass coming up this Tuesday. As a reminder, I had my interview two months ago, an RFE one week later and since then nothing. Two questions:
  1. Is there anything specific I need to mention/ask, or just mention my case and the time it's been?
  2. You'll recall that I entered the lottery without one of my middle names. (My full name is, for eg, John Jáy Jacob Smith, and I entered the lottery as John Jacob Smith, missing out the middle name with the accent since I wasn't sure whether I should type it in without the accent, and because the form said middle NAME singular). Every other document/form/etc... contains my full name with both middle names (except for DS-260 - my lawyer never filed it and wrote to the department of state directly instead). No-one has brought it up so far (not at the interview, not in the RFE), but in case it comes up at the infopass, any advice on how to approach that discussion?
Thanks!

Just let them know you're following up on your case, and ask if everything is in order. Politely inform the IO the date of your interview, mention the RFE and when you responded to their request. Also ask if your file has been received from KCC (I believe you already confirmed from KCC the file had been sent, right). You can let them know when KCC sent the file. Ask if there's anything outstanding. Also ask if your background check has been completed. They will most likely tell you go back and continue waiting, but just showing up and asking questions is likely to nudge the case along, should hopefully bring it back to the attention of the IO that interviewed you.

Stop stressing about omitting one of the middle names from the eDV registration. That sort of thing as never been an issue for AOSers AFAIK.

Yes it is required for all children 2 years and above. Take a look at page 6 of the following Instructions for Medical Examination and Vaccination Records issued by USCIS to Civil Surgeons. I suggest you print it out and take it to your CS

http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-693instr.pdf
I tried with doctor he said no and gave me the closed invelop. I showed him and then he called uscis and they said that is your decision if you as a doctor want them to do or not.
Thanks

Another question TB skin test get positive & the ex-ray showed negative , is it ok or will need medical treatment?
Share me your experience Mom and Britsimon and all.

Another question TB skin test get positive & the ex-ray showed negative , is it ok or will need medical treatment?
Share me your experience Mom and Britsimon and all.

The essence of the X-ray is to rule out the false negative result from the skin test, and once the X-ray comes back negative, there's nothing to worry about. If you needed further treatment, the doctor would have told you, that's part of what there required to do.

The essence of the X-ray is to rule out the false negative result from the skin test, and once the X-ray comes back negative, there's nothing to worry about. If you needed further treatment, the doctor would have told you, that's part of what there required to do.
Many thanks for your opinion and your advise. Bless you Mom and all

If the doctor insisted to not make the TB test for my children, do you think I have to make with another doctor? I don't understand what did you mean ( So I guess that settles it in your case) do you mean it harm my case?

Many thanks for your opinion and your advise. Bless you Mom and all

If the doctor insisted to not make the TB test for my children, do you think I have to make with another doctor? I don't understand what did you mean ( So I guess that settles it in your case) do you mean it harm my case?

Nope, it means the doctor thinks it's not required, and his opinion will be respected.

Hello Mom,
Do you know by any chance any DV case being denied before even being interviewed? If yes, what might be the reason? (Even though applicant is in legal status)

Hello Mom,
Do you know by any chance any DV case being denied before even being interviewed? If yes, what might be the reason? (Even though applicant is in legal status)

I know of cases that got erroneously denied without an interview due to early filing. Had to do with cases current in October who took advantage of the early filing memo and filed by Aug/Sept. Because the new FY starts in Oct and those cases were filed prior to the beginning of the new FY, they got denied for filing in the wrong FY. This is why I encourage those current in Oct to not file prior to Oct 1st. Of course there are reports of others who filed prior to Oct 1st who still got approved, but that's a chance I personally wouldn't take.

Hi Mom have you seen anyone not get an interview even if they file in timely manner for CN become current in April, May because USCIS misplacing the file?