• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

Hi,
I went for medical exam today. THe doctor said I won't need to do serologic test for Hansen's disease. So, she just ordered test for Syphilis. But on the google document for medical exam tab, I saw that we need to take serologic test for leprosy and Syphillis? Is it okay?

If the CS says she's not conducting that as part of the test, I wouldn't worry about it. She knows what she's doing.

The 11 digit number you're referring to is probably your Admission Number which is NOT the same as the Alien Number. The A# (Alien Number) is typically a Seven, Eight or Nine digit number. Rather than use the wrong set of numbers as U our A Number, you should leave that section blank. You wouldn't have an Alien number if you've never applied for an immigration benefit from USCIS.

The expiry date doesn't matter for now, it's the most current medical form USCIS has to date. As a matter of fact medical form with an expiry date of 10/11/11 is equally still acceptable:

http://www.uscis.gov/i-693
Is this A# also found on the OPT Employment Authorization Card?

If the CS says she's not conducting that as part of the test, I wouldn't worry about it. She knows what she's doing.
Hi,
When posting the DV fee, do we need to put any of the DV confirmation letter, or AOS intent letter (2nd letter)? Thanks a ton

Hi,
When posting the DV fee, do we need to put any of the DV confirmation letter, or AOS intent letter (2nd letter)? Thanks a ton

No need to send the DV confirmation letter - just print and fill in the form at this link with your details and send this with your fee - remember to include a self addressed stamped envelope for them to mail the receipt back - they will basically stamp this form showing 'paid' and send it back to you
http://travel.state.gov/content/vis...nstructions-for-selectees/adjustment-fee.html

Allright, so we had our interview Today morning at San Antonio. It was scheduled for 9:30, but we went to field office ~ 8:30 (was a 3 hr drive from home). An officer called us @ ~9:00. It was a very comfortable and easy interview. He just verified some information on i-485 for both me and my wife and told us that he will approve us. He then tried to allocate visa number for us, but the system was down and so he had to fax hard copy form to request visa number for us. He asked to wait for some time outside his office and it took somewhere like 25 minutes for him to get reply for his request. Then he stamped our NIV visa and stamped approved on his file. He gave us a temporary stamp mark on our passport for until we get our green card on mail. We came out of office and got CPO notice on email in few minutes.
Finally, a big THANK YOU for this awesome community. I couldn't have done so without help from Mom, britsimon and members who helped us. I will try my best to help future members the way I received help.
Hope best for all our members.

Hello everyone,
Need your advise, please. I got three receipts letters (NOA letters) for AOS, AP and EAD. I also got a bio letter for I-485 and I-765 but without AP. Does it mean that my AP application was rejected?
And one more thing. I just found my medicals sealed envelope in my papers. Apparently, I forgot to include it in my AOS package. Is it a big deal or I can just bring it to the interview?

Allright, so we had our interview Today morning at San Antonio. It was scheduled for 9:30, but we went to field office ~ 8:30 (was a 3 hr drive from home). An officer called us @ ~9:00. It was a very comfortable and easy interview. He just verified some information on i-485 for both me and my wife and told us that he will approve us. He then tried to allocate visa number for us, but the system was down and so he had to fax hard copy form to request visa number for us. He asked to wait for some time outside his office and it took somewhere like 25 minutes for him to get reply for his request. Then he stamped our NIV visa and stamped approved on his file. He gave us a temporary stamp mark on our passport for until we get our green card on mail. We came out of office and got CPO notice on email in few minutes.
Finally, a big THANK YOU for this awesome community. I couldn't have done so without help from Mom, britsimon and members who helped us. I will try my best to help future members the way I received help.

minions-woohoo.gif

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Hello everyone,
Need your advise, please. I got three receipts letters (NOA letters) for AOS, AP and EAD. I also got a bio letter for I-485 and I-765 but without AP. Does it mean that my AP application was rejected?
And one more thing. I just found my medicals sealed envelope in my papers. Apparently, I forgot to include it in my AOS package. Is it a big deal or I can just bring it to the interview?

No, it does not mean the AP application will be/has been denied. The EAD card will be issued as a EAD/AP combo card.

Your IL will instruct you to bring the medical papers along for the interview. And even if it doesn't, you should still make sure you take it with you as they will most likely ask for it then.

Congrats!!!

Hi guys,

My case number is AS4xxx . We were expecting our number to be current in April to send out our AOS package this month, but Visa bulletin for March had small progress and we will probably submit in March. We are from Iran and we're worried that our case does not get approved before Sep 30th b/c of background checks taking long. Do you know of similar cases not getting approved in 5-6 months?

PS. My husband is on H1 visa and has gone through change of status process from F1 to OPT and to H1, a couple of times in US. I am on F1 visa and have not changed my visa since we entered US. Neither of us have left US since we entered US 4 years ago.

Congratulations!!!!

Hi,

I am on H1B visa and my case number EU29XXX and will be available in May. My company said that our team will be outsourced on April 15. That means that I will work only till April 15 and be unemployed after. If I file i485 in March when May number will be available will I be able to legally stay in US after April 15? If not what are my options?

Thanks much!!!

Hi,

I am on H1B visa and my case number EU29XXX and will be available in May. My company said that our team will be outsourced on April 15. That means that I will work only till April 15 and be unemployed after. If I file i485 in March when May number will be available will I be able to legally stay in US after April 15? If not what are my options?

Thanks much!!!
I was really close to walking in your shoes so I had the same question two months back. I think @Sm1smom said that from the point you have the notice of action that your package was accepted you are legal to stay until the decision. But search back on the thread.

Hi,

Thanks much!!!
You should prepare your AOS package thoroughly right away so that you send it in as soon as the VB comes out next month and shows that you will be current in May. Then hope to receive the Notice of acceptance before April 15. That way you will be under pending AOS and won't be out of status past April 15. It's legal to stay once you receive your NOA. If that option fails you Could maybe switch to CP but it might be cutting it close, so not sure. Wait for Mom and Simon's advice on this. Good luck

Hi guys,

My case number is AS4xxx . We were expecting our number to be current in April to send out our AOS package this month, but Visa bulletin for March had small progress and we will probably submit in March. We are from Iran and we're worried that our case does not get approved before Sep 30th b/c of background checks taking long. Do you know of similar cases not getting approved in 5-6 months?

PS. My husband is on H1 visa and has gone through change of status process from F1 to OPT and to H1, a couple of times in US. I am on F1 visa and have not changed my visa since we entered US. Neither of us have left US since we entered US 4 years ago.
Look at the timetables to see how long it takes. This year the October current people mostly had their interviews January-February. I was current in November and got the IL for March. It's about 5-6 months I think.

Hi guys,

I honestly don't think anyone here can tell you with certainty whether or not you guys will clear background check before the FY ends (regardless of whether you process AOS or CP. But one thing I do know is that all past forum members that I'm aware of who processed AOS got approved, including those that experienced uncommon delays towards the end of the FY.

Hi,

Thanks much!!!

Both @Sanyesz84 and @Ifitis2be have given accurate responses. As long as you're able to submit your I-485 package and receive the NOA from USCIS before April 15th, your stay after that date is considered legal. No, the IO may want to make an issue out of your H1B not being valid when you appear for your interview, (which rarely happens), you just have to politely point out that you got petition accepted while still in status.

Hello Mom,

I have good news! Today I called to KCC and I was said that my file was sent to the FO on February 4th, my form DS-260 was received and was processed already (I submitted it on February 3rd). Yesterday I have made INFOPASS appointment on next Thursday, do you think it is too early or not.

Thank you!

Hi @Sm1smom and @Britsimon !

News from my appointment in FO. My file along with the form DS-260 has been received by FO. The officer also said that my Background check is clear. She said my application is under review now and I have to wait for Interview for about two months because they have hundreds of applications. Everything sounds good, right?