• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2015 AOS Only

Mom/Simon, have you heard of anyone having issues when traveling back from Hawaii, before getting the GC and not having advanced parole, given that traveling to Hawaii from within the U.S. is considered domestic travel?

No issue at all - you don't go through immigration when arriving in the mainland from Hawaii.

No issue at all - you don't go through immigration when arriving in the mainland from Hawaii.

Ok that's good to know - to be on the safe side though, what would you suggest I take with me if I was to end up going? I feel I should bring along EAD and NOA in case..I have not received my IL yet let alone GC, so I don't really know if I can travel domestic..can I?

Ok that's good to know - to be on the safe side though, what would you suggest I take with me if I was to end up going? I feel I should bring along EAD and NOA in case..I have not received my IL yet let alone GC, so I don't really know if I can travel domestic..can I?

Yes you can travel domestically - take photo ID - drivers license and/or passport. You are not going to be asked for immigration status - just identity.

Yes you can travel domestically - take photo ID - drivers license and/or passport. You are not going to be asked for immigration status - just identity.

OK thanks so much Simon! For some reason it seems that some sites are saying travelling to Hawaii is domestic, others says because international waters are crossed then it is international travel..to me it seems Hawaii/Alaska would be domestic travel

OK thanks so much Simon! For some reason it seems that some sites are saying travelling to Hawaii is domestic, others says because international waters are crossed then it is international travel..to me it seems Hawaii/Alaska would be domestic travel

I've been to Hawaii several times - and never passed through immigration either there or on return.

Hi guys (and ndubs specifically).

Just an update on my case. I had my interview today at the NY field office. I received my interview notice just over a week ago. The interview lasted all of 2 minutes and at the end the officer told me I'd receive the card within the next month.

Ndubs, hopefully you'll get the interview letter soon!

Good luck to everyone and thanks to all for their advice and help along the way.

Just an update on my case. I had my interview today at the NY field office. I received my interview notice just over a week ago. The interview lasted all of 2 minutes and at the end the officer told me I'd receive the card within the next month.

Good luck to everyone and thanks to all for their advice and help along the way.
Excellent, congrats and good news hopefully for ndubs and others from NY field office. Best wishes

Congrats! That's great news and thanks for the update. Do you mind telling me when did you submit your application? I applied towards end of October last year..and did they ask you to produce any documents at all in the interview? Thanks!

HI, For the A-number, I have 11 digit number and is not accepted when I type it in the I-693 form. Should I just write it? Also, when I downloaded the form from USCIS on the top right corner it says expires on 1/31/2015, is it okay?

HI, For the A-number, I have 11 digit number and is not accepted when I type it in the I-693 form. Should I just write it? Also, when I downloaded the form from USCIS on the top right corner it says expires on 1/31/2015, is it okay?

The 11 digit number you're referring to is probably your Admission Number which is NOT the same as the Alien Number. The A# (Alien Number) is typically a Seven, Eight or Nine digit number. Rather than use the wrong set of numbers as U our A Number, you should leave that section blank. You wouldn't have an Alien number if you've never applied for an immigration benefit from USCIS.

The expiry date doesn't matter for now, it's the most current medical form USCIS has to date. As a matter of fact medical form with an expiry date of 10/11/11 is equally still acceptable:

http://www.uscis.gov/i-693

The 11 digit number you're referring to is probably your Admission Number which is NOT the same as the Alien Number. The A# (Alien Number) is typically a Seven, Eight or Nine digit number. Rather than use the wrong set of numbers as U our A Number, you should leave that section blank. You wouldn't have an Alien number if you've never applied for an immigration benefit from USCIS.

The expiry date doesn't matter for now, it's the most current medical form USCIS has to date. As a matter of fact medical form with an expiry date of 10/11/11 is equally still acceptable:

Thanks, yes I guess i was talking about admission number from my I 94 card. I guess I kind of thought about this for the paper I-94 card we got before this new electronic I94. Thanks.

On second thought, I do have an OPT card that has USCIS #. Is it related to alien # in any case? it is 9 digit

By the way, has the extension request been approved? If the plan was/is to go home and process CP, like I told you before, even following the extension request approval, that will not be a problem at the embassy. The only time having an immigrant intent can come into play will be if for whatever reason the DV petition is denied at the embassy and you try to return to the U.S. with your M visa. You may be denied admission at the POE because you've already demonstrated an immigrant intent by not just submitting the DS form but by actually attending an immigrant visa interview.
Mom and Britsimon ,
Forgive me for another more question;
Is the immigrant intent cause denial by the IO or it's will be denied direct 100% according to the low or it's the IO decision, I am egypt 25,xxx.
Please advise if it's the low and system will be denied automstecly I would switch from now better than waiting even If got the approval notes. I expect June or July is it correct?
Thanks again

Hi,
I went for medical exam today. THe doctor said I won't need to do serologic test for Hansen's disease. So, she just ordered test for Syphilis. But on the google document for medical exam tab, I saw that we need to take serologic test for leprosy and Syphillis? Is it okay?

Mom and Britsimon ,
Forgive me for another more question;
Is the immigrant intent cause denial by the IO or it's will be denied direct 100% according to the low or it's the IO decision, I am egypt 25,xxx.
Please advise if it's the low and system will be denied automstecly I would switch from now better than waiting even If got the approval notes. I expect June or July is it correct?
Thanks again

The "system" will not automatically deny a petition due to the petitioner having a preconceived immigrant intent. However, the denial could be with or without an interview. They could send a denial notice without an interview or the IO could deny the petition after the interview. And there's a slight chance an IO may not catch the violation. In your case, I can't say precisely what will when or when anything will happen, only the IO knows.